• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Motorfest - Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member

biqKehZj.jpg

Game Information​

Game Title: The Crew Motorfest

Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (Sep 14, 2023)
  • PlayStation 5 (Sep 14, 2023)
  • PC (Sep 14, 2023)
  • Xbox One (Sep 14, 2023)
  • PlayStation 4 (Sep 14, 2023)
Trailers:

Developer: Ivory Tower

Publisher: Ubisoft

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 81 average - 90% recommended - 10 reviews

nNXRs4x.png

Critic Reviews​

GAMES.CH - Benjamin Braun - German - 82%
Overall, "The Crew Motorfest" is a solid open-world racer. Above all, the arcade-heavy handling and the associated racing action are right. The engine sounds and the detailed graphics also make a lot of sense and create a good racing atmosphere. From a purely visual point of view, the game does not come close to its obvious role model "Forza Horizon", but offers an overall greater variety of games. The enemy behavior is also a bit better and more comprehensible - with a mixture of real AI performance and rather smaller rubber band effects, which mainly work to the advantage of the game on the lower difficulty levels. On the other hand, there is sometimes a lack of comfort. The included microtransactions and the always-on compulsion, which is simply superfluous for users of the solo offer, including the relatively quick expulsion in case of inactivity (at the time of testing), also cost additional points.

GGRecon - Joshua Boyles - Unscored
Despite the similarities to the Horizon series being excruciatingly apparent, it’s impossible to deny that playing The Crew Motorfest has been an absolute blast so far.
The intricate driving mechanics strike a beautiful balance between that arcade and weighty simulation feel, and pulling off a string of perfect corners feels beyond satisfying.
Combine that with some impressive visuals and a banging licenced soundtrack, and there’s a lot to love here. We just hope that after a few more hours of play, it can iron out some of its progression hitches and truly hit the tarmac running.

GamePro - Jonas Herrmann - German - 84 / 100
The Crew Motorfest is a fun open-world racing game and the best part of the series.

Gamer's Palace - Manuel Eichhorn - German - 86 / 100
The Crew Motorfest is the visually most beautiful racing game I've played so far - and also one the most fun. Hawaii is a beautiful racing playground and the playlists bring a lot of variety into the game.

Gamerheadquarters - Jason Stettner - 8 / 10
The Crew Motorfest offers a scenic easy going open world racing game that refines upon elements of The Crew 2 with a great selection of content backing it.

Generación Xbox - Alejandro Serrador - Spanish - 85 / 100
The Crew Motorfest starts from this maxim, being an essential work for any fan of driving arcades. A fun, varied title, full of content, customizable at all levels and visually superb. A title that improves the experience of past deliveries, offering us more freedom to play, new types of challenges and a much better, bigger online experience with more possibilities.

God is a Geek - Steve Chambers - 8.5 / 10
Ubisoft have copied Playground Games' homework and have made just enough changes, with a few spelling mistakes on the way, to make this a fun, rewarding experience.

IGN - Luke Reilly - 7 / 10
The Crew Motorfest is a robust racer with a confident sense of style, but its smaller map lacks life, its multiplayer isn't really worth the wait, and its omnipresent microtransaction opportunities are still tedious.

Seasoned Gaming - Ainsley Bowden - 8.5 / 10
With Motorfest, Ubisoft Ivory Tower takes The Crew to the next level. With a beautiful playground and countless ways to interact with it, Motorfest is some of the most fun you can have behind a wheel.

ZdobywcyGier.eu - Paweł Bortkiewicz - Polish - 9 / 10
The Crew Motorfest finally brings The Crew series to the top. It's been a long time since I've had this kind of pleasure while playing a racing game. I'm very happy that Ubisoft Ivory Tower has finally found a style they feel great about and are delivering great gameplay and atmosphere. I hope that Motorfest will be expanded over the years and provide us with many great racing adventures in the future.

Markio128

I tried the trial, but I didn’t like it. It’s everything I dislike about the Horizon games, and more. The handling is way too heavy and not fun.

Strange this reviewed so low because everyone i've seen play it has mentioned it's great, ain't seen a racing game with such positive impressions such as this in a while.
I enjoyed the trial on PC. Handling was a little off at times though (felt like the car was trying to straighten itself out after turns) and the rubber banding was weird in a lot of races. I also think that the boost is just artificial and adds nothing to the racing.

If it was £30 and on Steam I’d have probably picked it up. Not paying £60/70 for it though.

Top Bottom