• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Motorfest Reviews Soon

Elysium44

Banned
I am surprised it is not exclusive to Ubisoft Connect, but I guess with 100% revenue promotion by Epic Games Store they don't lose anything.

I'm surprised it's not on Steam as the other two Crew games are, and I thought with the likes of big Activision and EA games returning to Steam on day one, all publishers would be doing likewise. Shame. I will have to try it on my Xbox instead.

I'm surprised it's not on Steam as the other two Crew games are, and I thought with the likes of big Activision and EA games returning to Steam on day one, all publishers would be doing likewise. Shame. I will have to try it on my Xbox instead.
I feel like racing games are easier to play on consoles anyways. The last time I played a racing game on PC was Forza Horizon 4 on a controller on PC but my PC was shit so the experience wasn't very good.

Last edited:

drotahorror

It would be good to know how well the game works with a steering wheel and how it differs from FH5 (other than having bikes, boats, etc.,). Hopefully there is an actually enjoyable progression system in place.
I'll let you know tomorrow. Have a fanatec DD setup. Have you not played previous Crew games? The progression shits on FH.
It looks more focused, hope not too much bloat. And please for once have some good handling/physics. Im tired of Forza Horizon.
The handling is very fun and the game is sick.
I just realised this isn't coming to Steam, it's an Epic Games store exclusive on PC :messenger_hushed: Ubisoft, come on man.
It's on Ubisoft's store front. No need to buy it on Epic.
Epic exclusive is so dumb will get it on pS5 then
It's on Ubisoft's store front. PC version ran great for me, if you have an ok PC no way I'd go for ps5.

TrebleShot

I'll let you know tomorrow. Have a fanatec DD setup. Have you not played previous Crew games? The progression shits on FH.

The handling is very fun and the game is sick.

It's on Ubisoft's store front. No need to buy it on Epic.

It's on Ubisoft's store front. PC version ran great for me, if you have an ok PC no way I'd go for ps5.
Not on steam , no buy just how it goes. I don’t make the rules I simply follow them.

Also always wanted a Forza horizon clone on PS5 , plus haptics and triggers etc make it easy choice.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Not on steam , no buy just how it goes. I don’t make the rules I simply follow them.

It sounds like you did make a rule. I get it though, I don't buy Epic exclusives, but this is just simply not one. It's on the ubisoft store as well. I made exceptions for Ubisoft and EA games since they have their own store, but that's my rule that I follow. Ubi recently brought a bunch of their games to steam so I'm not sure why Crew 3 wasn't.

TrebleShot

It sounds like you did make a rule. I get it though, I don't buy Epic exclusives, but this is just simply not one. It's on the ubisoft store as well. I made exceptions for Ubisoft and EA games since they have their own store, but that's my rule that I follow. Ubi recently brought a bunch of their games to steam so I'm not sure why Crew 3 wasn't.
Ive just decided to do the same lol, thanks for the tip, Downloading the ultimate edition, pretty good deal considering its £12.99, ultimate edition and there is cross progression.

Only issue is juggling multiple launchers but I can add these games to steam right? does it play well with steam input?

Last edited:

drotahorror

Ive just decided to do the same lol, thanks for the tip, Downloading the ultimate edition, pretty good deal considering its £12.99, ultimate edition and there is cross progression.

Only issue is juggling multiple launchers but I can add these games to steam right? does it play well with steam input?

Yeah I didn't buy the game, I'm using ubisoft+. I haven't tried it with steam input but I'm sure it's fine. I'm about to fire it up with my wheel now.

nikos

I went the Ubisoft+ route as well, even though I'm 99% sure I'll buy the game at some point. We'll also be able to play Assassin's Creed Mirage when that releases, which is nice.

Yeah I didn't buy the game, I'm using ubisoft+. I haven't tried it with steam input but I'm sure it's fine. I'm about to fire it up with my wheel now.

Let us know how it goes. Going to try my wheel tonight as well but I think this will end up being a controller game for me.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I went the Ubisoft+ route as well, even though I'm 99% sure I'll buy the game at some point. We'll also be able to play Assassin's Creed Mirage when that releases, which is nice.

Let us know how it goes. Going to try my wheel tonight as well but I think this will end up being a controller game for me.
Yeah that Star Wars outlaws game and avatar so should get moneys worth.

drotahorror

It would be good to know how well the game works with a steering wheel and how it differs from FH5 (other than having bikes, boats, etc.,). Hopefully there is an actually enjoyable progression system in place.

Regarding The Crew Motorfest wheel performance...

Alright so I've been playing for several hours today with the wheel.

For reference I'm using Fanatec CSL DD 8NM . These are my settings :

IFcjyTf.jpg
I changed SEN to 540, 720 worked really well too, but driving 4 wheelers and bikes was difficult with 480 and anything lower. The only games I play with higher rotation are sims.

In Game I have FFB set to:

Ok on to my impressions. I'm no expert when it comes to settings. Hopefully someone out there finds my post and tweaks it, or I can come across some better settings.

With in-game FFB turned up I was gettin mad oscillation. At higher speeds my wheel would turn me left and right like crazy, very hard to keep straight. Lowering the FFB in game and adding some dampening via wheel settings was a remedy for this for the most part. For some reason drift cars still oscillate at high speeds.

It does feel pretty good though, you can definitely feel the different surfaces via the vibrations. Maybe a little too much. I didn't notice much different surface feeling depending on what you were driving. Offroad vehicles felt similar to street cars on offroad surfaces and voice versa.

If you've played Forza Horizon 5 with a wheel I'd say The Crew MF has similar FF, if not better.

Most vehicles feel solid with a wheel, including boats. I changed my shifter to sequential mode to be able to use pitch up/down whatever its called for the boat. I did that for ATV's as well. Motorbikes seemed very difficult with a wheel. Didn't even bother with planes.... Drift cars were pretty hard but I went back and did some events that I beat on controller and was able to beat my score using the wheel. Outside of boats and planes and 1 dirt bike race, I beat every race so far using the wheel on 3/5 difficulty with rewinds turned off. Traction Control off, ABS on, ESP off, drift mode - comfort? I think it is.

I'm playing with automatic gearbox, right paddle shifter is nitrous and left paddle is ebrake.

All controls worked right out the box, with my base set to PC mode. So far everything has worked, from zooming out/in on the big map, to setting waypoints, etc. All of this can be rebound as well AFAIK.

Some settings in game seemed to not really affect the wheel. Like Counter steering assist and ESP. I was thinking counter steering assist might be something like wheel centering but I really couldn't figure out what it did.

But yeah it's been really fun. This is my 3rd wheel setup I've had, and today was the most I've used my DD since I got it about a month ago. Assetto Corsa Competizione still has the best FFB I've felt but The Crew MF is no slouch and Ivory Tower did a great job considering how arcadey it is.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

5 hour trial is pretty good news and I hope its because they are confident in a good product. I kinda liked The Crew 2, I played it for a bit before it was delisted from Plus.

Top Bottom