• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have "about 40" video game projects in the works | Hasbro is looking to work with Larian again

Draugoth

Gold Member
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe6d27a9d-76b2-4491-8c85-e6855c53ac53_3840x2160.jpeg

Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast have around 40 video game projects in development across internal studios and partnerships, part of a super-charged plan by the toy-maker to go big with video games, executives at the company tell Game File.

“We are aggressively investing in that space, seeking the best partners in the world to work with on interesting experiences on every platform, in every genre,” Eugene Evans, the company’s senior vice president of digital strategy and licensing, told me recently, during an interview on the 54th floor of a Las Vegas hotel at the DICE conference.
Regarding its video games, Hasbro had a 2023 to brag about.

Baldur’s Gate III, made by external partner Larian Studios, was one of the best-reviewed and biggest PC/console hits of the year (“I was hanging out with them last night,” Evans said of Larian. Does he want to make more games with them? “I hope that we will be able to continue to work with them.”)

Source

StereoVsn

Going to be interesting to se who Hasbro got as partners and for Larian I think it will depend on licensing fee. Larian paid out close to $100mil so far.

MrRibeye

At any given point in time big publishers like Ubisoft, EA and Tencent have about ~20 to ~25 games in development, half you never hear about for 10 years.

~40 is a lot and most likely 2/5 gets cancelled. If true we'd see ~10 projects in the next 3 years, followed by another ~10 the 3 years after.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Make an IARPG Diablo like in the DnD or magic the gathering universe by Larian.

My dream game.

Top Bottom