• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbox to offer Wii U games starting March 25th

Exile20

INbD149.png

http://www.redbox.com/games/comingsoon

FyreWulff

All of our local Redboxes have had Wii U as an option since the console came out, this is really just "we're finally actually stocking the games"

Chris R

I don't see it, but then again,not seeing anything for PS4 or Xbox One either. Looks like they might of taken all of the next gen consoles off the site.

They haven't offered Xbone/PS4 games yet.

This also might just be a test area. It would be nice if it went nationwide though, I wanna play DK :<

Platy

Can someone please explain what is redbox and why is this important ?

Never even heard of this ..... store ? Is it a store ?

Its basically a DVD/game renting vending machine.
It pretty much pushed Netflix out of the disc market.

For $1-2, you can rent a DVD/Blu-Ray/Game. The boxes can be found outside or inside convenience and grocery stores. You can pick up and drop off at any box. It's awesome.

Alphahawk

It pretty much pushed Netflix out of the disc market.

For $1-2, you can rent a DVD/Blu-Ray/Game. The boxes can be found outside or inside convenience and grocery stores. You can pick up and drop off at any box. It's awesome.

WTF? Netflix still offers disc rentals. Also I would argue that it's a better value, as you're paying per month vs per title.

atr0cious

WTF? Netflix still offers disc rentals. Also I would argue that it's a better value, as you're paying per month vs per title.
You can pay $18/mo for disc and digital on Netflix, or 7.99 for digital and just grab the $1 movie whenever you actually want instantly. Especially since if you're not near a distribution center it can take a week between disc swaps.

Platy

At any box ?

But they have a limited space .... or did they invented teleportation and didn't told us ?

The logistics of this are making my brain hurt

Top Bottom