• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys : Memories of Celceta coming on PC ?

L~A

Oh please god, yes. Please. Please. Please. XSEED, please.

Website says mid-2014 for Chinese PC version.

Mephala

tumblr_m6hbi2TYZ31rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Would definitely buy!

Tizoc

Oh China only? The same happened with Ys Seven, though Ys Seven PC was just a port of the PSP ver.

Dunno if XSEED can get it released in English but I'd get it day 1.

Oh China only? The same happened with Ys Seven, though Ys Seven PC was just a port of the PSP ver.

Dunno if XSEED can get it released in English but I'd get it day 1.

if I remember correctly, Ys Seven on PC was supposed to come over here...

L~A

Did the Ys games sell well on steam? I did my part and bought them all (and enjoyed them!) so I'd love to see more!

They sure did sell wonderfully well. That's what convinved NF and XSEED to release the TitS games on Steam too (though it's taking a while, which is understandable).

Usobuko

Banned
Falcom seems to have quite a strong niche following in China. All of their games (both Ys and Kiseki) are ported and released there.

I think I read somewhere this series is popular with the Koreans too. Anecdotally, I know a Taiwanese guy whom I'd met through a chinese MMO that knew about this series and he doesn't play much besides the usual Street Fighter, MMO and LoL.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hopefully the port would be suitable for an English release, I think the pc version of 7 has some issues preventing it from coming out in English

Shengar

Falcom seems to have quite a strong niche following in China. All of their games (both Ys and Kiseki) are ported and released there.

Considering how far the Kisekis series localized into Chinese, I bet this "niche" is bigger than their Japanese one.
Well, it's China after all :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I'd chuck my vita version if this gets announced for the US sometime soon, but I imagine Falcom would first have to do some clean up on the port at least?

Aeana

This an Ys Seven seem like easy pickings for an English Steam release.
Considering Joyoland's ports' trackrecord of bugginess, I don't think it's as easy as it would seem. Especially since Sara had trouble with games that weren't even considered buggy to begin with (Trails in the Sky).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I thought the Ys Seven port was supposed to be crappy. If it's the same devs, I don't see this as anything to be terribly excited about... though I suppose Celceta would really benefit from a halfway decent frame rate.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is that joyland website not loading for anyone else? I wanna see the screens but since the ones in the post aren't rehosted I'm not getting anything.

I'd love to get Seven and Celceta if they aren't shit ports.

I bought a Vita to play Celceta and a 1080p/60fps version would be amazing.

Joyoland's Zero no Kiseki port got Japanese text and bugfixes when Falcom adopted it for domestic publishing. If same goes for the ports of Ao no Kiseki and Ys Seven/Memories of Celceta, then there'd be a temporary solution available to Falcom having abandoned PC development. Not ideal, but better than forcing all responsibility onto Sara.

Joyoland's Zero no Kiseki port got Japanese text and bugfixes when Falcom adopted it for domestic publishing. If same goes for the ports of Ao no Kiseki and Ys Seven/Memories of Celceta, then there'd be a temporary solution available to Falcom having abandoned PC development. Not ideal, but better than forcing all responsibility onto Sara.

It would be the best situation for us, I want everything Falcom on PC.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hopefully the Steam releases have been going well enough for Falcom to make it worth porting the Joyland versions back them-selves. They did Zero no Kiseki last year, right?

Aeana

I don't think removing the bloom entirely was necessarily the answer, it just needed toning down. Not that I mind either way.

Not sure if Falcom doing the bug fixing themselves will encourage Joyoland to become progressively lazy with their porting projects, though. That could be a problem, assuming it forces Falcom to take up the porting themselves.

LX_Theo

Banned

JRPGs are infinitely better with a pick up and play capability as far as I'm concerned. Handhelds make them much more easily enjoyed since they also happen to be one of the easiest genres to lose the motivation to continue playing. I only ever got into them once I started trying them on handhelds and the difference is incredible.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get your hopes up. If it's like Ys Seven, it will be a hack job released in China only.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We need more of them!

I'd love a FFXIII trilogy remaster on Steam!

I think XV is quite likely. Squeenix making the extra effort to port over the PS3 games would be contingent upon XV's performance, though. Personally I'd rather Squeenix pick up where Squaresoft left off and release a PC version of IX (although there's the big question of the source assets still existing), followed by the PS3 HD remasters of FFX and FFX-2 and finally the FFXIII trilogy.

Eusis

Considering Joyoland's ports' trackrecord of bugginess, I don't think it's as easy as it would seem. Especially since Sara had trouble with games that weren't even considered buggy to begin with (Trails in the Sky).
Reminds me of Earthbound and other Japanese RPGs admittedly. Well, RPGs seem to lean towards being more of a pain to deal with (Infinity Engine sounds... special) but it sounds like a lot of those games are a monumental pain to deal with in ways you might not expect. So it'd figure Falcom carries that tradition on, I suspect you'll need a full, higher quality development house for a really good port.

desmax

JRPGs are infinitely better with a pick up and play capability as far as I'm concerned. Handhelds make them much more easily enjoyed since they also happen to be one of the easiest genres to lose the motivation to continue playing. I only ever got into them once I started trying them on handhelds and the difference is incredible.

I dunno man, I personally found pretty hard to see what was happening in Ys Seven on the PSP. Having it on Full HD would make it a lot better for me.

(But I did hope they would push the camera farther a little bit, to compensate for the bigger screen)

Ysiadmihi

Banned

This only has a chance at being true if all JRPGs played the same, which they don't.

I'm replaying Xenoblade on my PC right now, and I know that's one game I'd never enjoy more on a handheld.

LX_Theo

Banned
I dunno man, I personally found pretty hard to see what was happening in Ys Seven on the PSP. Having it on Full HD would make it a lot better for me.

(But I did hope they would push the camera farther a little bit, to compensate for the bigger screen)

Haven't played Ys Seven, but I had a blast with Celceta.

It's more of an action RPG then a JRPG but who cares? PC should have as many games from as many genres as possible!
I know, I played it on Vita. Would say it still felt like a JRPG despite the combat system. Just one example that cemented my opinion on the pick up and play matter given how much different it was.

And you could say that for any platform.

In the case of Falcom games, they are mostly released on PSP/Vita which sell abysmally in the west. We wouldn't even be getting Trails in the Sky: SC if there wasn't a PC version.

Having these games on PC will give a chance for way more gamers to enjoy these titles, if you so much want to play them on a handheld you can get a Nvida Shield or a Tablet that can play them somehow(Celceta and Seven are already on PSP/Vita).

Also, it depends from game to game, I prefer to play Ys games on the big screen any day than on a handheld, it's an Action JRPG that's fast paced and they aren't that long. Handhelds are awesome, but we could have both and everyone ends up happy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I'm kinda the opposite. It took me over 9 months to get through P4G because it was on a handheld, I've never actually completed any of my 3DS RPGs, but it only took me a few days to complete FF7 (First time getting through this), Ys Origin and Ar Tonelico 1+2 (emulated these with fan patches.) I really prefer consoles/PC to play on but don't go out of my way to tell handheld players what they prefer sucks though.

I think XV is quite likely. Squeenix making the extra effort to port over the PS3 games would be contingent upon XV's performance, though. Personally I'd rather Squeenix pick up where Squaresoft left off and release a PC version of IX (although there's the big question of the source assets still existing), followed by the PS3 HD remasters of FFX and FFX-2 and finally the FFXIII trilogy.
Didn't they have the source BGs for IX printed in some art books? I imagine they could rip from that if anything.

Top Bottom