• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: SRPG Natural Doctrine Coming West For PS3, PS4, PSVita - Fall 2014 - Cross Save

Voliko

There haven't been many Japanese SRPGs at all lately, on any platform, especially any that isn't part of a series. There used to be a ton in the 90s. I can only hope this ends up being good. The Famitsu scores are irrelevant.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
is there an asian version?

Would be a lot faster to check play asia than ask GAF. Since they go and put markers up on the games region. To answer your question seems like an asian version is listed at playasia.

In other news thanks to work picking up again till the weekend dont think will have any sort of impressions on the title tomorrow unfortunately. As will not make it back home missing the last possible delivery time. Same with friday. Unless I do something stupid and pick up a copy before work and wind up with 2 having to put one on the market again...

Biker19

Banned
There haven't been many Japanese SRPGs at all lately, on any platform, especially any that isn't part of a series. There used to be a ton in the 90s. I can only hope this ends up being good.

Me too. The few SRPG's that I seem to find & enjoy back in my childhood were Shining Force I & II.

I probably missed the rest of them, though... :(

anderedna

Vita has too much RPG game now, which is great. Still need to finish FFX HD, then FFX-2. Preordered Conception 2 and looking forward for Demon Gaze. Now this one dropped.

VC with trophies, day one I guess.

Daouzin

Seems pretty cool to me, getting a weird Star Ocean 3 vibe from it, but that could just be the anime characters I guess.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I went and bought a second copy since god knows why my amazon one is going to be late.

Will boot it up in a bit and play for alittle while before turning in for the night.

Been watching some streams, the game is apparently very hard. People getting game overs left and right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrHY0XKQus

kinda like the start of the 2nd official video lol

--

Am currently uploading the first 15 minutes which is the introductory tutorial for the game. Its going to take a while to UL and Process though. Wonder if I should make an impressions thread.

From the tutorial I can see myself enjoying this game regardless of what the graphics look like. Seems to be something quite different with the combat system. Also guns are not manual fire. Its automatic, all you do in the TPV is aim and it will lock onto valid targets then authorizing the turn to advance will allow the character equipped with ranged weapon to attack. So its stats based more than semi-manual like Valk Chronicles for example. Which personally is appreciated as it gives a bit of an uneven playing field for the AI.

Can imagine things are going to be quite difficult too and will have to really pay attention to party formation and where the enemy is placed. Seeing how the whole chain attack system works both ways. Having someone advance too far on their own is a good way of getting surrounded and taken out by an enemy chain attack.

The graphical effects on the PS4 makes me think that the characters in the game along with the world is like some sort of diorama with figures lol. Think Warhammer sorta, must be the filter effect or something. You folks will see what Im talking about with the 1080p footage I have recorded once its done.

Went and made a new import impression post here. Its nothing fancy like filled with graphics and other whatnots though so folks might be a little let down by that, but since its not an OT figured its ok.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106788497#post106788497

kamspy

EDIT:

wrong thread! obviously.

Odd too, because I never clicked this thread, but found it in "Your Posts" when I go through it to see if anyone quoted me.

I went and bought a second copy since god knows why my amazon one is going to be late.

Will boot it up in a bit and play for alittle while before turning in for the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrHY0XKQus

kinda like the start of the 2nd official video lol

--

Am currently uploading the first 15 minutes which is the introductory tutorial for the game. Its going to take a while to UL and Process though. Wonder if I should make an impressions thread.

From the tutorial I can see myself enjoying this game regardless of what the graphics look like. Seems to be something quite different with the combat system. Also guns are not manual fire. Its automatic, all you do in the TPV is aim and it will lock onto valid targets then authorizing the turn to advance will allow the character equipped with ranged weapon to attack. So its stats based more than semi-manual like Valk Chronicles for example. Which personally is appreciated as it gives a bit of an uneven playing field for the AI.

Can imagine things are going to be quite difficult too and will have to really pay attention to party formation and where the enemy is placed. Seeing how the whole chain attack system works both ways. Having someone advance too far on their own is a good way of getting surrounded and taken out by an enemy chain attack.

The graphical effects on the PS4 makes me think that the characters in the game along with the world is like some sort of diorama with figures lol. Think Warhammer sorta, must be the filter effect or something. You folks will see what Im talking about with the 1080p footage I have recorded once its done.

Went and made a new import impression post here. Its nothing fancy like filled with graphics and other whatnots though so folks might be a little let down by that, but since its not an OT figured its ok.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106788497#post106788497

Sigh...I wish that mechanic wasn't so popular; it overpowers anything else in games it's used by.

Top Bottom