• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion runs at 720p on PS4?

Spy

This edition of Trials Fusion includes both the full Trials Fusion game and the Season Pass for access to future additional content. The Season Pass also includes the bonus Crater Hazmat Suit rider outfit.

Season Pass* (Included)
Get access to the ever-expanding world of Trials Fusion with the Season Pass. It includes six downloadable content packs, and each of the six DLC packs includes a new Career Mode Event and Tracks and new items for the Track Editor.

*Each DLC pack in the Season Pass may be sold separately. If you purchase the Season Pass, please do not also purchase the add-on packs, as you will be charged additionally for them. Season Pass and DLC packs may not be available on all platforms or in all territories. Timing of each DLC pack's release to be determined final DLC pack expected to be available before May 2015.

1 player
DUALSHOCK®4
720p HD Video Output

This item is being licensed or sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America and is subject to the Network Terms of Service and User Agreement, this item’s use restrictions and other applicable terms located at www.us.playstation.com/support/useragreements. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not download this item. One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4 systems when signed in with purchasing account.

© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All rights Reserved. Trials Fusion, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...tion/cid=UP0001-CUSA00304_00-B000000000000303

UPDATE
Hey guys, I can confirm you that is simply a listing error and Trials Fusion for PS4 will run at 1080p at launch.

We are working with Sony to correct the listing ASAP.

thank you for your interest.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
This game gets worse and worse every time I hear about it. At this point I'll just wait for the unoptimized PC version to go on sale.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The store listings aren't reliable. I wouldn't be surprised if it's wrong.

BF4 for example:

NPP9lsd.jpg

Must be a typo, It also says 1 player, which just the other day they said it would be 4 player local only with no online multi.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It better not. If it's running in 720p I don't expect much from the rest of the performance of the game. Still, it's most likely a typo.

level44

If true, then I'm not interested.
I would have expected this for xbone but not PS4.

EDIT: Turns out it's not true. Excellent!

Arya Stark

Neo Member
The PC beta is such a mess. ;_;

Anyone who bought Trials Evolution PC could have told you that. Turn vsync on and you get a frame dropping mess, turn vsync off and you get a screen tearing, somewhat frame dropping mess.

Must be a typo, It also says 1 player, which just the other day they said it would be 4 player local only with no online multi.

Removing features now? No doubt there will be a $10 online mode DLC.

Trials is dead. It had a good run

Overdoziz

Banned
Any details on this?
You mean what the performance is like? Well, it still has texture pop-ins, the framerate drops regularly and whenever that happens the game itself actually slows down too. According to their forum the developers are working on fixing these issues, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a very optimized release product.
Anyone who bought Trials Evolution PC could have told you that. Turn vsync on and you get a frame dropping mess, turn vsync off and you get a screen tearing, somewhat frame dropping mess.
Yeah, I tried turning V-Sync off and it resulted in probably the worst screentearing I've ever seen in a game.

Removing features now? No doubt there will be a $10 online mode DLC.

Trials is dead. It had a good run
may not exactly be conventional multi but will have some sort of multi after all my apologies =) http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/completely-new-type-of-multiplayer-coming-to-trials-fusion

lem0n

I don't care what resolution it's in. As long as it's fun, it's bought. Probably for 360 so I can play against my old Trials buddies

okayfrog

Banned
You mean what the performance is like? Well, it still has texture pop-ins, the framerate drops regularly and whenever that happens the game itself actually slows down too. According to their forum the developers are working on fixing these issues, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a very optimized release product.

Well it seems like my plan of waiting until the first sale for the game is a good idea. Evolution: Gold Edition was crap at release apparently, but I played it a few months afterwards and the game ran fine. Thanks for the impressions.

TheMan

this fixation on resolution is fucking ridiculous. what difference does it make as long as the game is FUN? it's impossible to read a discussion without this shit coming up nowadays.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
That's while 3D is running, right?

(Give me more 3D games, now that consoles actually have the power to run them at better resolutions and more consistent framerates, dammit!)

It wouldn't be the first time that a mistake was spotted on a SEN listing. Warframe was originally listed as requiring Plus to play, even though Sony had previously reported that F2P games wouldn't require it. They later edited that out.

deadpixel

Banned
The store listings aren't reliable. I wouldn't be surprised if it's wrong.

BF4 for example:

NPP9lsd.jpg

That's not incorrect. It is true that it outputs a 1080p signal. The game itself is rendered at 900p, the frames are then upscaled into 1080p using either DICE's scalar or the one in the PS4's sdk.
The devs don't need to divulge the native resolution of their games, just the resolution it supports. There is a surprising amount of people who have 720p TVs

this fixation on resolution is fucking ridiculous. what difference does it make as long as the game is FUN? it's impossible to read a discussion without this shit coming up nowadays.

Everyone has different values and expectations when it comes to games. Many believe that gameplay is the most important, but you can't say that people don't have a right to care about visual quality when spending money on a product. Graphics are an important consideration for me when purchasing a game, as they are for a lot of people.

RMI

Banned

to be fair, this thread is entirely about what resolution Trials Fusion will run at, so I can't imagine any world where it wouldn't be the main topic of the thread.

Its a relevant technical detail that I would want to know about just like I would want to know about frame rate issues, but its not going to turn me off buying a game

epmode

Are you sure you're not confusing this with Evolution? That sounds exactly like the awful PC port by Ubisoft Shanghai. I was under the impression that Fusion's PC port was done in-house and performance was much improved.

With a 60" 1080p screen. Resolution is a big factor for me. "FUN" isn't the only reason I play games, I also tend to look at them a lot.

Plus, we're in the 'next gen'. a 720p game is basically unforgivable at this point.

Top Bottom