• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charizard and Greninja announced for Smash Bros.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
The two new fighters are both pokemons ? Come on, at least announce Bayonetta or something. Still think we'll see her, maybe at E3.

Berordn

I assume Charizard has replaced Pokemon Trainer. Although I thought they were hinting at Mewtwo the whole time not Greninja

Same, I was certain we were looking at Mewtwo Y's bulbous hands and awkward head-tail before water shuriken.

I assume that was intentional.

MAtgS

If you didn't name your Greninja Dororo or Zeroro, you did it wrong.

If you didn't choose Froakie, your also did it wrong.

RIP Red.

ezekial45

Banned
At first, I thought Greninja was some ultra obscure character from Nintendo's past. Like in a stand alone game or something. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Silver, so it certainly threw me through a loop.

He looks fun, though.

Drago

Greninja is awesome but dude where's Mewtwo??
I seriously thought it was Mewtwo in the trailer too. :(

Not a fan of Greninja and Charizard being alone now sucks. Oh well, there's always next reveal :/
At least the rest of the Direct was great.

I'm really happy that Greninja's in. T-minus 30 seconds until "Why no Mewtwo?!" comments, though...

I guess you can't please everyone.

kirblar

I assume Charizard has replaced Pokemon Trainer. Although I thought they were hinting at Mewtwo the whole time not Greninja
Yeah, that was a pretty serious amount of Mewtwo trolling.

Hopefully we get Squirtle, Ivysaur and Mewtwo all back. Jigglypuff isn't getting cut- they seem to be intentionally not revealing a lot of "unlockable" characters from previous titles.

Sigh...well time to eat crow. We had some good times together, my friends. R.I.P Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle and Ivysaur...

Sigh. I hope Chespin shows up as the grass type or something...

Crayolan

Mewtwo is pretty much deconfirmed....*cries in corner*

But Charizard and Greninja are nonetheless awesome additions to the roster.

shink

Wait. No more Pokemon Trainer? Another two separate Pokemon characters (2 that I don't really care for either)
Save space for Ice Climbers pls

Not suprised with Charizard but Greninja.. wow, didn't see that one coming!

My only worry is that there are 4 Pokemon reps now, which leaves probably enough for one more, either Mewtwo or Jigglypuff to be in (Sorry, Pichu/Squirtle/Ivysaur fans)

Greninja looks like a water-type Sheik

Dr. Buni

Oh yes, Greninja! That was pleasantly unexpected. Don't care about Charizard, but it is nice to see the ugly Pokemon Trainer is out of the game.

Top Bottom