• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charizard and Greninja announced for Smash Bros.

Morts

I had to Google Greninja to figure out what the hell it was. Meh.

None of the new characters other than Mega Man seem all that compelling. The game looks solid, but I'm starting to get a bit bummed that Snake and Ike probably aren't coming back.

whitehawk

Banned
So is Greninja a new X/Y Pokemon? I have no idea who he is.

Regardless, would have liked to see a new character that isn't from Pokemon.

Greninja is such a random choice but fuck me if he doesn't look incredible. Will probably end up being one of my mains.

JCX

RIP PKMN TRNR

I wonder why Sakurai choose against transformation characters this time. Hopefully Squirtle and Ivysaur make it in since they had almost complete movesets.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bku8gDbCAAAtnFz.jpg

Stolen from Serebii's Twitter.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Greninja looks super fun to play.

CorvoSol

I thought it was Mewtwo, too, but I'm okay with Greninja. Not sure how I feel about the loss of Squirtle and Ivysaur, but Mega Charizard makes up for it.

kirblar

This roster size is going to be ridiculous.
Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja. That's four. How is that too many pokemon?
There's really not a "too many pokemon" level until you get to 10 or more.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That Greninja!

OMG

Also, if you discount either one of Mewtwo or Puff returning, there'd only be 5 reps, which is equal to Mario.

AdanVC

That Greninja and Charizard reveal trailer was insanely good!!!! I got chills when I was watching it. Those of you who don't like the fact that there are too many Pokémon on the game already, keep in mind there's still plenty of time left for release so it's obvious more new characters will be revealed, it's not like there's a limit number of fighters in this game and that number is already fill or something. Let's enjoy what we've seen today because the entire Direct was great! It delivered! I was expecting Pac-Man but oh well haha.

I want Jigglypuff to be in the last slot if Pokemon is going to have 5 reps... I am ok with Greninja being in the roster, though I started with Chesnaut on Pokemon Y

Forever Chespin!

Ok that cutscene was completely badass, BOOYAH to stand-alone Charizard, and now I'm curious about Greninja.

EDIT: Ah, so the final form of Froakie? Looks badass.

That was a weird reveal.
Ninja Frog is included.
Charizard is going solo (A huge surprise for me).
There's a good chance Jigglypuff is returning, but hasn't been confirmed yet.

But does that mean no more Trainer?

Remember that thread about the Charizard appeal and people denied it?

Smdh.

Greninja is the hypest shit though. RIP Jigglypuff & Mewtwo.

kirblar

That was a weird reveal.
Ninja Frog is included. Charizard is going solo.
There's a good chance Jigglypuff is returning, but hasn't been confirmed yet.

But does that mean no more Trainer?
Jiggly, Captain Falcon, Ness - all obvious returns, all originally hidden characters. They didn't officially announce unlockable characters for Brawl, looks like they might pull the same stunt here.

Top Bottom