• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 : new trailer (EU)

L~A

Trailers

European trailer : YouTube
Looks like there's Japanese trailer too! YouTube
NES Remix 1+2 trailer (JP) : YouTube
NA Trailer : YouTube

Rediscover 12 NES Classics
Unlock loads of new challenges
Watch replays of your best performances
Rescue Peach in Super Luigi Bros.

Championship mode :
Championship Mode challenges players to achieve the highest cumulative score in three specific games using a multiplier-based scoring system, with players required to have save data from the first NES Remix in order to enjoy this competitive new feature.

With the Championship Mode line-up comprising of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario, players will take on a series of three successive score-based challenges in these games to achieve a cumulative total score. In addition, your score can also be posted to Miiverse, so you can compete with friends and other players.

Screenshots

HKRjYbz.jpg
Z6Wy6TT.jpg

NA6KciA.jpg
Odb5VzR.jpg

Gcnk6Qg.jpg
Srog3w3.jpg

A42XgZ4.jpg
ioLnM3U.jpg

WKc4HnM.jpg
3TUKB9x.jpg

Otak9pf.jpg
QmyjaJJ.jpg

AyGA2aQ.jpg
IOUhjKE.jpg

Xugic8F.jpg
747i4C6.jpg

Pics of championship mode :

Apparently, it's online leaderboards based on 3 challenges. You need to own both games.

Previews

Apparently, some reviews going out : IGN, Nintendo World Report,

Gameplay videos

Wario Wood's Remix Level
Super Mario Bros 3 Remix Level
Gameplay clip featuring remix on Dr. Mario & Mario Bros 2

Game is coming out on April 25 in EU/NA, and April 24 in Japan. Will include challenges based on those games :

- Ice Hockey
- Wario's Woods
- Zelda II : The Adventure of Link
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Dr. Mario
- Kirby's Adventure
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Kid Icarus
- Punch-Out!!
- Metroid
- Mario Open Golf
- Super Mario Bros. : The Lost Levels

JonCha

I don't know, in my opinion all they show off there looks so ... standard. If you're remixing the games, just go for it.

L~A

Apparently, some reviews going out : IGN.

Game looks nice. Hope te price will be nice too. Here is hoping for some snes and n64 remixes

Pretty sure the price will be exactly the same as the original... though Nintendo's increased the price when releasing the sequel of an eShop only game in the past, so who knows?...

JoeM86

My main issue with NES Remix was the selection of games. The first wave of NES games were clunky in control (Mario Bros., Ice Climbers) or just dull (the various sports titles) so this having games from the latter part of the NES's life is just awesome.

Really can't wait.

Do hope they do a SNES Remix next. A friend mocked up a random remix he thought of, and it'd work so well
asws.jpg

Note: The above picture is obviously fake.

m0t0k1

Apparently, some reviews going out : IGN.

Pretty sure the price will be exactly the same as the original... though Nintendo's increased the price when releasing the sequel of an eShop only game in the past, so who knows?...

yeah about the price increases. I believe denpa men on 3ds did this, pullblox and the western one too. But can't remember they did price increases on wii u so i hope for the same prices.

To be quite honest, while I am definitely buying this, Nintendo made a huge mistake with the series. Right now, there is absolutely zero reason to buy NES Remix 1 besides a couple of games. The average quality of the games included is significantly higher. Personally, NES Remix had only three great games - Zelda, Excitebike, and Super Mario Bros. NES Remix 2 though? Metroid, Ice Hockey, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Dr. Mario, Punch-Out!!, Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, Wario's Woods, and Zelda II. It may be less content rich, but it has only one game that I don't care about included, while NES Remix 1 had bull like Tennis, Ice Climber, Pinball, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong 3, Urban Champion, and Baseball. It honestly should have just been DLC for the first game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I enjoyed the first one despite the selection of games. In some ways I'd argue the first one provides a nice way to experience games you'd otherwise not really want to play. Will definitely be getting this.

While I three star'd the first one I still need to get a few more rainbows.

Replays are a great addition.

L~A

Looks like there's Japanese trailer too! YouTube

About Championship Mode, it's apparently a mode for people owning both games. There's a page about it on the JP website. Maybe someone can translate?

AdanVC

I'm so looking forward for this game. It finally has Metroid Super Mario Bros 3, Kirby and pretty much all Nintendo's big titles for the NES. Pure fun, can't wait!

Pila

I like NES Remix, it's cool. I'd like a SNES remix now, tbh...

This one looks good anyway, Super Luigi Bros looks fun.

bobawesome

I'm down for this. I've had $21 in eshop credit since December and nothing has caught my eye, barring Phoenix Wright.

Mr. F

Banned
Glad they're making more but I think I'll pass on this one. I agree with Jeff Gerstmann in that the concept is cool but they don't take it nearly far enough. Deserves some more inspired, WarioWare-style craziness with the remixing.

Robin64

Championship leaderboard = very yes!

It's not quite a leaderboard for everything, as I sorely missed in the first one, but it's something. And dammit, I'm going to strive to be near the top.

Katsuragi

It would have been cool if they had made a deal with Konami & Capcom to include some Castlevania or Mega Man challenges, since these games are just as popular as Nintendo's own NES games. :)

Prototype

My main issue with NES Remix was the selection of games. The first wave of NES games were clunky in control (Mario Bros., Ice Climbers) or just dull (the various sports titles) so this having games from the latter part of the NES's life is just awesome.

Really can't wait.

Do hope they do a SNES Remix next. A friend mocked up a random remix he thought of, and it'd work so well
asws.jpg

Note: The above picture is obviously fake.

I have the exact same complaints. I will dive into this series when they do SNES Remix. edit:That picture is awesome.

NES Remix is amazing. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. I do agree that they should have been more adventurous in the actual remixes but I'm definitely excited for more.

JP

Didn't play the first game, is it worth picking up or should I just wait for this one? Are Nintendo doing offers on these where you maybe buy the first and discount off the second as they've started doing stuff like that now?

Sendou

Meh. The first game wasn't good enough to warrant buying the sequel for the price they are asking. The concept really fell a little flat with that game I fear. Proper leaderboards should be a norm.

L~A

From Nintendo's PR :

Championship Mode challenges players to achieve the highest cumulative score in three specific games using a multiplier-based scoring system, with players required to have save data from the first NES Remix in order to enjoy this competitive new feature.

With the Championship Mode line-up comprising of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario, players will take on a series of three successive score-based challenges in these games to achieve a cumulative total score. In addition, your score can also be posted to Miiverse, so you can compete with friends and other players.

NA Trailer : YouTube

There's also some screenshots coming soon :)

Robin64

man, I've hoped that Remix 2 would just stack onto Remix 1.
Strange that they missed that opportunity while the games work with each other (see championship mode).

Yeah, I was really hoping that this is how it would work, especially given that Japan is getting a Famicom Remix 1+2 retail disc that does exactly that. Oh well. Wonder if we'll ever get the disc here.
Haha, no.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The first one was my surprise favorite game of 2013, this one looks to take the concept even further (with better games...)

nullset2

I just hope this game means that a new Nintendo Channel episode of Game Center CX will release, like with the last one.

Top Bottom