• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q : new Battle trailer (April 11th)

L~A

Unfortunately, this ain't a Persona Q Direct, but it'll have to do... Here's the usual weekly trailer for Persona Q : Shadow of the Labyrinth! Once again, it focuses on the Battle system, and Personas (well, doh!).

YouTube

Persona Q : Shadow of the Labyrinth will come out on June 5 in Japan, and this autumn in NA
(and god knows when in Europe)

L~A

I believe you can chose to play as either the P3 or P4 protagonist at the start of the game, so I guess the Battle theme will change according to that choice?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I believe you can chose to play as either the P3 or P4 protagonist at the start of the game, so I guess the Battle theme will change according to that choice?

Atlus soundtrack now plz pre-orders can I haz?

Man am bleeding money out all over the place this year. D:

Shun

Loving what I see so far for the battle system and the sub-Persona system.

Good thing there aren't as many restrictions as Etrian Odyssey when setting Sub-Persona and certain skills.

The music is probably my favorite of the franchise so far and I'm really looking forward to this. Atlus USA please make this your high profile release of the year. Go all out with this when you localize please.

I'd import it if there was no region locking, but please Atlus USA treat this title well.

spiritfox

Wait, everyone can switch Personas now? That's interesting.

I wish they kept One More instead of a more traditional turn based system, though.

Parakeetman

Lacd6Hz.jpg

Hidden character, MAKE IT HAPPEN ATLUS

this game seriously keeps looking better and better with each vid they put out. Its so going to sell insane at launch. the 3DS LLs are already all sold out. Including a marked up one that was going for 400+

L~A

Wait, everyone can switch Personas now? That's interesting.

I wish they kept One More instead of a more traditional turn based system, though.

Yeah, a few weeks ago, Famitsu confirmed that all characters could now use a "sub-Persona".

Its so going to sell insane at launch. the 3DS LLs are already all sold out. Including a marked up one that was going for 400+

I'm sure Atlus will have more units made, it's still over 2 months until launch. Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL also sold-out real fast after pre-orders started, yet Capcom was able to get more units in the end. I say, it's pretty good sign if pre-order sales are this strong. Hope Atlus will be able to avoid shortages as much as possible.

Velcro Fly

Struggled with EOIV but I'm definitely buying this even if I have to play on whatever easy mode there is. I enjoyed my time with EOIV but I was really bad at it I suppose. No way am I missing this though.

Parakeetman

Yeah, a few weeks ago, Famitsu confirmed that all characters could now use a "sub-Persona".

I'm sure Atlus will have more units made, it's still over 2 months until launch. Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL also sold-out real fast after pre-orders started, yet Capcom was able to get more units in the end. I say, it's pretty good sign if pre-order sales are this strong. Hope Atlus will be able to avoid shortages as much as possible.

I think that was the 2nd run that went up with amazon japan. Other places had theirs a lot earlier before amazon and those vanished also.

But yeah with what Ive seen do hope that they are currently manufacturing more for another run.

L~A

Ah, I was mainly talking about the game itself, not so much the bundle. Atlus did say they were expecting some shortages, but let's hope they're not too bad.

And by the way, what's this edition about? It's not the Famitsu Pack, so I got no idea...

Parakeetman

Ah, I was mainly talking about the game itself, not so much the bundle. Atlus did say they were expecting some shortages, but let's hope they're not too bad.

And by the way, what's this edition about? It's not the Famitsu Pack, so I got no idea...

The actual game has been in stock constantly it seems. Even now its still up for pre-orders no problem.

Hang on checking your link.

Not much info sides "special soundtrack CD + amazon special PC wallpaper" that sounds like its about it. Though dont get why its that much more expensive considering the normal first edition copies also come with the soundtrack CD.

Zornica

Banned
I'm kinda worried after that trailer.
If we assume this works more like the Etrian games, even a single battles seems to waste a lot of Mana. I could see this getting really hard, if all enemies are bullet sponges like the ones from the trailer.

Shun

If we assume this works more like the Etrian games, even a single battles seems to waste a lot of Mana. I could see this getting really hard, if all enemies are bullet sponges like the ones from the trailer.

Well unlike EO, physical skills take up HP instead in Persona. You can see it in the video. You can expend HP to deal a certain move for damage. Magic like Bufu and Dia are based off SP.

That said you can't really expect the game to be easy since this is Atlus we're talking here haha.

Etrian odyssey drains mp like crazy if you're not careful with FOEs and mp restoring items are expensive or hard as hell to find.

Meia

Well unlike EO, physical skills take up HP instead in Persona. You can see it in the video. You can expend HP to deal a certain move for damage. Magic like Bufu and Dia are based off SP.

That said you can't really expect the game to be easy since this is Atlus we're talking here haha.

Etrian odyssey drains mp like crazy if you're not careful with FOEs and mp restoring items are expensive or hard as hell to find.

Yep, which means anything that recovers SP, skill wise, is awesome.

In other words, look for Personas with Invigorate 1-3, if the game is going the full persona route in terms of skills. :D

Parakeetman

Persona Q: Get Ready to Die Edition.

Jokes aside am sure it will hardly be an issue.

Zornica

Banned

I'm well aware of that, after all I played (and beat) most of the etrian games and 1 smt game (soul hackers). That's why I'm worried... If they combine etrians mp drain and smt's hp drain.... it's not going to be pretty.
I don't expect it to be easy, but I at least expect it to be manageable ;)

Parakeetman

I'm well aware of that, after all I played (and beat) most of the etrian games and 1 smt game (soul hackers). That's why I'm worried... If they combine etrians mp drain and smt's hp drain.... it's not going to be pretty.
I don't expect it to be easy, but I at least expect it to be manageable ;)

Good times running through 3 with 2 farmers lol.

I mean shit Im playing Natural Doctrine after that game everything else is going to look like easy mode cruise control...

Unlike EO we will have personas to break the game mechanics haha. Man in EO you were screwed with no one else to count on cept for your selected partners in the party. Its why am saying we should be fine. :D Till the hidden dungeon that is...

So does that make Persona Q the Dark Souls of Persona?

Id cry if I actually saw a reviewer or gaming site use that as a tag. D: lol

Xenoflare

A lot of shit from the good ol days of gaming was so bad its good!

The original Persona 1 localization.

Case and point XD.

It's pretty creepy too since one of my friends in high school is a black guy whose name is Mark, he also wore hats all day and was very invested in art, the resemblance is uncanny. (Graffiti for Persona Mark).

They left out Yukino to be the token Asian girl. LOL.

Parakeetman

The original Persona 1 localization.

Case and point XD.

It's pretty creepy too since one of my friends in high school is a black guy whose name is Mark, he also wore hats all day and was very invested in art, the resemblance is uncanny. (Graffiti for Persona Mark).

They left out Yukino to be the token Asian girl. LOL.

Dear god... I actually remember having bought the US one after gone through the JP one and went THE HELL IS THIS?! That was like some bad photoshop phridays shit.

Persona-mark.jpg

pG3NJeS.jpg

You have to believe EU guys!

I will pray to atlus for it!

Honestly: I´m not worried at all.

Nis America is shaping up to be a blessing for european fans of niche titles across 3DS and Vita and I´m sure they´ll publish it over here.

....now, whatever the hell Nintendo did to SMT IV is another story.

Parakeetman

Honestly: I´m not worried at all.

Nis America is shaping up to be a blessing for european fans of niche titles across 3DS and Vita and I´m sure they´ll publish it over here.

....now, whatever the hell Nintendo did to SMT IV is another story.

What? You guys still didnt get SMT IV?

With the sub-persona system I wonder if they'll bring fusion into this game.

I sure hope so since it wouldnt feel the same without it...

gngf123

What? You guys still didnt get SMT IV?

Nope, and there is a real chance we will never will. Although there are rumours about Atlus maybe putting it on the eShop now.

Also for the record, pretty much every Atlus DS game was never released here. Thank you based region free I was able to play them. The only ones we got were the first Etrian Odyssey and Devil Survivor 2 (which was released 3 years late).

Lusankya

Nintendo announced that they were publishing it in Europe....and we haven´t heard a single word since then :/

Strange.... NoE is actually pretty great in general....but their handling of SMT IV was terrible .

Well, at least this time the excuse that they still have to translate it to 5 different languages is actually correct. I hope we get some info on this very soon, though.

Zornica

Banned
Nintendo announced that they were publishing it in Europe....and we haven´t heard a single word since then :/

Strange.... NoE is actually pretty great in general....but their handling of SMT IV was terrible .

There was some talk about Atlus taking over the publishing (on gaf). Shouldn't be to hard to find the thread.
Also I don't want to repeat myself over and over again. To make it short, there was just no way for a release last year. just take a look at the schedule.
If they don't announce (or release) it by July, I'll start to worry, until than *shrug*

regarding Q, like Orniletter said, in NISA we trust ;)

Shiina

I love EO games, I enjoy Persona games a lot, JRPGs are the only games I play on my 3DS but this looks so bad that I don't think I'll ever get this.

Shmuppers

Aww, I was really hoping they would make a 3-D model for all the personas. It still looks pretty good though, i'll definitely pick it up.

Shiina

What looks bad about it?

The chibi art is creepy and frankly downright ugly, the same boring Persona shadows are recycled, the dungeon art seems recycled, almost the entire cast is recycled (I mean I'm a fan of the series but I'm not that desperate to see them again, for the third time). I'm not sure if this is intentional but they didn't even bother changing the UI.
Part of the draw of the EO series is the map drawing and interesting dungeons. The map drawing is definitely absent and if other Persona games are any indication, the dungeons in this will just be corridors again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but skill trees seem to be absent in favor of the same boring 'level up to get the next skill in line' for your party members.

Overall the game looks like a very watered down EO game with no map drawing and Persona characters.

Watashiwa

The chibi art is creepy and frankly downright ugly, the same boring Persona shadows are recycled, the dungeon art seems recycled, almost the entire cast is recycled (I mean I'm a fan of the series but I'm not that desperate to see them again, for the third time). I'm not sure if this is intentional but they didn't even bother changing the UI.
Part of the draw of the EO series is the map drawing and interesting dungeons. The map drawing is definitely absent and if other Persona games are any indication, the dungeons in this will just be corridors again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but skill trees seem to be absent in favor of the same boring 'level up to get the next skill in line' for your party members.

Overall the game looks like a very watered down EO game with no map drawing and Persona characters.
You're quite wrong, the map drawing is in. This is an Etrian Odyssey title with Persona characters.

Meia

Your biggest problems(besides the things wrong with the lack of map drawing) seem to sound like you just don't like the cast of either modern persona game, or you're sick of them. If it's either case, then of course you're not going to like the game, so, um, yeah...

Shiina

You're quite wrong, the map drawing is in. This is an Etrian Odyssey title with Persona characters.

Oh really? Did they show that in any of the trailers? I haven't seen any of the character ones.

Your biggest problems(besides the things wrong with the lack of map drawing) seem to sound like you just don't like the cast of either modern persona game, or you're sick of them. If it's either case, then of course you're not going to like the game, so, um, yeah...

I guess I'm just sick of them.

I always thought the dungeon crawling aspect in the Persona games was the least good part about them, other MegaTen titles and dungeon crawlers did an infinitely better job at it.

Soriku

This isn't "just another Persona" game when it's made by the EO team. I doubt this'll be the case. Which first person RPG just has corridors too?

Chibi models look good to me too.

Everyone using wild card is interesting.

Top Bottom