• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

JazzmanZ

HKRjYbz.jpg

Release Date
America: April 25th
Europe: April 25th
Japan: April 24th

European trailer : YouTube
Japan Trailer : YouTube
NES Remix 1+2 trailer (JP) : YouTube
NA Trailer : YouTube

9MvxOYm.png

NES Remix 2 is the sequel expansion to the original NES Remix, it's a game series where in wario-ware fashion you accomplish tasks given to you both mudane and complex, such as defeating a set of enemies, or getting to the end of a level for example.

Where the game shines is the Remix levels, these levels can have you do crazy things such as using Kirby in the SMB3 setting or completing a stage in a blackout! You never know what you're going to get.

New to the game is also the ability to add replays and watch other peoples as well.

ZXrIbhH.png

NES Remix 2 this time around only has 12 games, as opposed to 16 the first one had, the games are as followed:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA
Super Mario Bros. 2 The lost levels
Kirby's Adventure
Kid Icarus
Metroid
Punch-Out!!
The Legend of Zelda II
Dr.Mario
Ice Hockey
Mario Open Golf
Wario's Woods

bb4JSrt.png

Super Luigi Bros. is a brand new edition to this game, taking the original Super Mario bros. and having you complete it backwards with Luigi who has new physics.

qVqt1s3.png

If you own the original NES Remix when you buy NES Remix 2, you gain access to an exclusive mode called Chamionship Mode, in this mode: you go through 3 stages that accumulate towards a single score, once completed this high score can be uploaded to a leader board!

The 3 stages are:

Super Mario bros. - Collect 50 coins
Super Mario bros. 3 - Collect 25 coins
Dr.Mario - achieve a high score.

c3qEghp.png

Official website
NES Remix |OT|
Review Thread

Loved the first one. Spent around 11 hours in it and got like everything but 20 or so Stars because I just couldn't do anymore.

Money's been really tight, but Definitely have saved $15 for this. The first one really got me into Excitebike and Ice Climbers and made me want to buy Clu Clu Land whenever I could. Hope for more remixes, SNES, GB, or NES 3rd party in the future.

daydream

Banned
Can't wait to swiftly pick up some Waddle Dees with Toad and.. stab Hammer Bros. in the face?

Fantastic selection of games. CP mode sounds a bit weird, I'll have to see if it grabs me or not.

JazzmanZ

Probably would just be throwing salt in the wounds, but after this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805977

I would have nominated "Now you're playing with power" as the thread's name

That was one of the considered titles actually, along with something from the NES Remix game center CX special.

Through I went with the lost levels for simplicity sake since its double meaning of being a seqeul and one of the NES games too.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This will be amazing, the first game was one of the best games of 2013, and this looks even better. Day zero!

Penguin

That was one of the considered titles actually, along with something from the NES Remix game center CX special.

Through I went with the lost levels for simplicity sake since its double meaning of being a seqeul and one of the NES games too.

Oh I like the Lost Levels as well, but just thought would be timely and was the NES motto.

Kinsei

Banned
I'll be picking this up day 1. I loved the first one.

I'm going to have to try and rainbow the Ice Climber levels before Friday.

StayDead

Paid for my copy of Famicom Remix 1/2 yesterday and now to wait for it to ship/get here in a few weeks.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

eXistor

I played the first one sooo much and this has a much better selection of games, I'm in!

SNES Remix or NES Remix Third Party edition next please.

Kinsei

Banned
I played the first one sooo much and this has a much better selection of games, I'm in!

SNES Remix or NES Remix Third Party edition next please.

I would love a SNES Remix, I'd also love to see N64 Remix and GCN Remix on Wii U, and GB Remix, GBC Remix, and GBA Remix on 3DS.

Robin64

Ugh, didn't even spot this was a Friday release. Mostly because that would make no sense. But hey, there it is.

Me am sad.

Kouriozan

I still haven't unlocked everything in the first, I'm missing the last 4 bonus levels....
But it's soo hard! Like pinball where you have 1 chance/100000 to get three stars!
At least, the games are much better this time, maybe I'll be able to get every stars.

Anyone know if the game pad is needed at all? My screen is shattered and since it cost about the same to buy a new console, I won't be replacing it for now. Is pro control an option? Going to get one for MK8.

JoeM86

Anyone know if the game pad is needed at all? My screen is shattered and since it cost about the same to buy a new console, I won't be replacing it for now. Is pro control an option? Going to get one for MK8.

Na it's not needed. You can play with the Wiimote or Pro controller

Robin64

The first got patched to be completely playable with other controllers, so I guess this one will be like that from the start.

Robin64

Think this is being treated as a "retail" release (as it is Japan) and will be up for download at midnight?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure why it can't be out today, but oh well, an extra day won't be long. Hopefully this will do well to encourage GB &/or SNES Remix.

& based on the trailers/screenshots, I'm hoping there'll be a lot more remix stages this time around compared to just Link in two Donkey Kong levels.

daevv

How big are these to download? Thinking about getting a Wii U just for these games, wondering if the Basic Wii U model would do?

zroid

Banned
I'm trying to wrap up the odds and ends in NES Remix before tomorrow.

Baseball is the worst. Actually the worst.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
While I doubt it would happen, it would be interesting if a physical release of NES Remix 1+2 came out as a Club Nintendo prize or something.

Well anyway, I'll probably pick this up tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Now, do I buy this today, or do I wait a couple of months to see if the retail compilation is announced at E3? What are the chances of that happening?

Top Bottom