• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1: Microsoft Claims that Cloud Computing Can Provide Power of 3 XB1's, 32 X360's

bombshell

From Dualshockers.

Microsoft re-introduced the Xbox One to the Japanese audience today during a series of livestreamed stage events at the Nico Nico Chokaigi 3 festival at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, near Tokyo.

Considering the results of the Xbox 360 in Japan, Microsoft is facing an uphill battle to sell the console to local gamers, and isn’t afraid to make bold claims to bolster its guns.

During the stage event the Microsoft Japan representative claimed that the Xbox One has roughly eight time the computational power of an Xbox 360, but that’s not all, as combining the the local machine with the cloud, the computational juice of roughly three Xbox ones units ccould be used.

After explaining with examples how this can be beneficial in games, for instance for handling the AI, the representative continued by saying that combining the cloud and the local machine the computational power of 32 Xbox 360 console could be reached.

It’s relevant to mention that the representative talked about computing power, not graphical fidelity, but it’s still a definitely bold and intriguing claim. I’m definitely interested in seeing if Redmond’s software giant will manage to back it up in future applications.

XboxOneCloud_01-670x377.jpg

XboxOneCloud_03-670x372.jpg

What happened to the Infinite Power of the Cloud™? :)

More at the link: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04...an-provide-power-of-3-xbox-ones-32-xbox-360s/

LOL in theory, in practice it's quite different right now. MS is so full of it. No one will design a game with cloud in mind. It will split the user base. Only would work with an always online console, and we know how this turned out.

weeeeezy

Banned
LOL in theory, in practice it's quite different right now. MS is so full of it. No one will design a game with cloud in mind. It will split the user base. Only would work with an always online console, and we know how this turned out.
False. It will work with any game that requires multiplayer. An always online console was really for DRM only.

Holykael1

Banned
What a load of bullshit. In theory it's *probably* true but with modern facilities it's impossible to put into practice for the consumers, like in a ridiculous way impossible.

Mugatu

I don't understand who this is supposed to convince. Unless you're already in love with the XBO I have to think you're going to be extremely skeptical of these claims if you are at all technically minded and realize the limitations of the cloud in real time environments like gaming.

False. It will work with any game that requires multiplayer. An always online console was really for DRM only.

BS, in order for CLOUD to improve graphics, AI in SP games the game and console would ALWAYS have to be online. How did cloud help Titanfall bad ai and frame drops, BF4 MP?. It's MS garbage trying to pull one over people.

How did CLOUD help the Drivatars? They drive identical when you are fully offline, more MS fud.

I don't understand who this is supposed to convince. Unless you're already in love with the XBO I have to think you're going to be extremely skeptical of these claims if you are at all technically minded and realize the limitations of the cloud in real time environments like gaming.

Technic Puppet believes it, mate. I don't know how you dare.

SJRB

Gold Member
So "infinite" = 3 Xbones. Cool.

Also can't believe they're still pushing this, especially after a couple of inferior game versions. The whole "Xbone + cloud = ultra power" thing kind of gets silly when your games run at a lower resolution or framerate than the competitor.

DrkSage

They're doing it wrong. In order to get the Japaneses audience attention they have to convert that into DBZ power levels.

Marcel

So "infinite" = 3 Xbones.

Cool. Also can't believe they're still pushing this.

I'm not sure why they even bother with all the malarkey. They could put forth very little effort and it'd probably sell the same in Japan. Xbox is basically a lifeless brand there.

U-R

A shame they have to use data centers: if the cloud connected every sold japanese xbox to the others sitting on the shelves, each one could count on the power of 10.

Yaoibot

They were doing so well after Phil... for about a week. Then the foot returned to the mouth, and I'm afraid it won't come out now.

Wynnebeck

Banned
tumblr_mlkyh2SoZ51s5oev9o1_500.png

You would think after MS realized no one fell for that PR the first time, trying it again in a different country isn't going to change anyone's minds.

It's happening again, just like NPD day. I'm supposed to be writing an assignment but I can't keep away, just when I thought I was out, this thread appears to consume me.

Marcel

They're doing it wrong. In order to get the Japaneses audience attention they have to convert that into DBZ power levels.

Maybe like 20 years ago. It's more like you need to convert it to the amount of Hyperdimension Neptunia characters it takes. Moe sells.

weeeeezy

Banned
BS, in order for CLOUD to improve graphics, AI in SP games the game and console would ALWAYS have to be online. How did cloud help Titanfall bad ai and frame drops, BF4 MP?. It's MS garbage trying to pull one over people.

How did CLOUD help the Drivatars? They drive identical when you are fully offline, more MS fud.

Why does the console have to always be online for a game to require the cloud? When you are in the game I can understand why you need to be online, but when you are doing something else why does the console need to remain online?

Drivatars are simply cars that mimic your driving habits and race for you while you are online, a pretty simple example of using the cloud to making gaming better.

Why do people claim that Titanfall's AI is bad? They are not supposed to be like other players, they are supposed to be fodder/map filler. They make it seem like an actual battle is happening on the map.

OT: Cloud talk is nice but until we see it have a big impact on a game it wont matter. I'm glad they are not giving up on Japan completely though, look how mad some get on here when a game/series does not get ported to their country...

Sick of this. Do you have anything to contribute to the thread? Other than attacking me, again?

Well what do you expect?? No one believes this nonsense because it is total nonsense, cloud computing like MS are talking is a decade plus away, 3 X x1 power? Please. Who would design a game that when you log off line the graphics AI degrades?? No publisher will waster their time.

Top Bottom