• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA unveiling "at least" 6 new games at E3, will air on Spike

Quentyn

Just started listening. Can anyone confirm that?

EA also says that it will be showing off six titles for future years at E3, of which we think one might be Mass Effect. With Medal of Honor out of the picture, EA is missing a fall shooter, and there are rumors that Visceral is working on something in addition to its Star Wars project.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-game-for-this-year-and-six-others-at-e3.aspx

Six seems like a lot.

UPDATE:

Mod Edit:

I just checked the transcript and they said "at least six unveils" and didn't specify them as next year only.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Copy bump.

They might be counting digital titles as well so this doesn't seem ridiculous.

They also have almost nothing announced in general so...

Always happy for more games. EA had a pretty good track record of new IPs early in last gen, so hoping for debuts of this gen's Dead Space or Mirror's Edge

Dawg

EA also says that it will be showing off six titles for future years at E3, of which we think one might be Mass Effect. With Medal of Honor out of the picture, EA is missing a fall shooter, and there are rumors that Visceral is working on something in addition to its Star Wars project.

Battlefield Police rumor?

Mortemis

Banned
Does this mean six unannounced titles? Because if we count announced there's Battlefront and Mirror's edge 2.

AHA-Lambda

As I said in the other thread the fact that GI mention Visceral and don't mention the Battlefield name shows they know it is Battlefield -_-

So Mass Effect, Star Wars, Mirror's Edge 2 and a Criterion IP?
2 more?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Likely:
Mass Effect
BioWare new IP
Battlefront
Criterion new IP

Maybe:
Some Maxis casual thing
Mirror's Edge
Visceral Star Wars

Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Criterion seem like the obvious guesses. Maybe Hennig Star Wars too.

Everything else? Hmmmm... gonna guess they do something big with Simpsons again. Don't know why, just feel like that'd be cool.

Please be Mass Effect, Battlefront & Mirrors Edge

please.jpg

Ryu

Lot of people are leaving off their sports games - UFC, NHL, NFL - do these not count or was something said specifically negating them from the count?

[Edit - Understood. I missed the post March 2015 portion. Ignore.] :D

Mortemis

Banned
Lot of people are leaving off their sports games - UFC, NHL, NFL - do these not count or was something said specifically negating them from the count?

EA sports games are usually announced the year it is coming out, this is for after March 2015 at E3 so they wouldn't announce a sports game so early.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well it's after March 2015 and they haven't shown off most of the games for this year yet, so I'm assuming they're not showing the ones for next year.

I feel like Need for Speed isn't a big enough deal to announce over 12 months before release. (No way they drop an NFS game in the middle of next year, surely?)

NHale

They have one UFC game releasing this year so that is not it. The licensed sports games shown are games releasing this year not after March 2015. So next years games are shown next year not this year. They aren't going to show FIFA 16 before FIFA 15 is released.

The only exceptions are sports games on 2 year dev cycles, so UFC and Tiger Woods PGA Tour (which is due to be released early next year). Fight Night is also another wild possibility.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
They aren't going to show FIFA 16 before FIFA 15 is released.
They wouldn't do that. But come to think of it, a dedicated Women World's Cup game/expansion? I could see EA putting major emphasis on that. It would be a good PR boon.

Acosta

I'm sure Mirror's Edge 2, Mass Effect and Battlefront are "unannounced".

Add Visceral Star Wars game and we have two left, don't expect anything too exciting.

If one of those isn't a Mass Effect title, I will rage.

ME is a safe bet for a tease this E3 I think.

L1NETT

Mass Effect
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars (Visceral)
Mirrors Edge
Sims 4
???? Need for Speed? Titanfall 2

Oh digital titles. Not sure then. Will be interesting.

So we'll get tech demo's, Or trailers that look amazing then closer too release we'll talk of downgrades again.

Remember that madden footage!

Ryu

Well it's after March 2015 and they haven't shown off most of the games for this year yet, so I'm assuming they're not showing the ones for next year.

Ah, understood. In that case, I would bet that these would be shown -

Star Wars - Visceral
Battlefront - Dice
Mass Effect - Bioware

I bet we will get just brief teasers of Star Wars and Mass Effect. If battlefront is far enough along to have a big demo, I'll be pretty amazed.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, are they essentially saying "This is for E3 2015"?

They aren't going to show their NHL/MADDEN/FIFA 2K16 titles at E3. The quote was that they will be showing 6 titles that are releasing after this fiscal year I believe. They won't be showing those sports titles this early.

edit: Niro beat me :p.

Capella

Mass Effect
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars (Visceral)
Mirrors Edge
Sims 4
???? Need for Speed? Titanfall 2

Oh digital titles. Not sure then. Will be interesting.

Sims 4, Mass Effect 4, Crysis 4, SSX 2, Star Wars Battlefront III. Missing one.

Are we counting titles after March 2015? Sims 4 is 2014. Unless we are talking about expansion packs.

Atlas157

After SimCity I said I'll never buy an EA game at launch... but they have me by the balls because of Star Wars Battlefront... and Mass Effect...

I really hope they show Battlefront and ME4 gameplay.

I think it's a bit too soon for Mass Effect 4. We'll probably see:

Battlefield: PoliceCops
Mirror's Edge 2
One Star Wars game
Dragon Age: Inquisition
New Need for Speed perhaps?
A sports game maybe?
And hopefully at least one new IP

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is Dead Space completely dead at this point? No pun intended.

For now, pretty much.

They're doing Battlefield and Star Wars instead and also seem to have a new IP in some state of development, and really I don't think they even have enough staff to really do the first two without a hiring spree.

Meh, I don't want to see so many if they're not out before then. You can show some of this crap at the new and improved VGAs.

Top Bottom