• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA unveiling "at least" 6 new games at E3, will air on Spike

Phil4000

Hopefully the vast majority of these titles are not cross-gen...
Its time for this industry to move on from the 10 year old console hardware (anchor)

Shouldn't it be time to show off some HomeFront 2? CryEngine would definitely bring some nice visual fidelity to an EA presser.

KKRT00

DerZuhälter;110868184 said:
Shouldn't it be time to show off some HomeFront 2? CryEngine would definitely bring some nice visual fidelity to an EA presser.

Homefront was published by THQ and after bankruptcy Crytek bought an IP. So they'll probably self publish it, but who knows.

salromano

So EA just said the new game for this year will essentially fill the hole left by a year without Battlefield.

2/3 of the hole is filled by its already announced titles. This title will fill the rest of the hole.

Couldn't type fast enough for a full quote, sorry. =/

A shame, I don't like to see the same game twice in a E3. The first reveal is always too short of a teaser, and in the 2nd E3 showing, it's "old news", with other first time announcements grabbing my attention.

fasTRapid

Banned
See our latest games unveiled at E3 live on June 9

It’s that time of year again! At E3 2014 in Los Angeles, we will be showcasing our newest games at our annual E3 event “EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview” on June 9 at 12 p.m. Pacific Time. You’ll get to see exclusive sneak peeks of new projects and never-before-seen content.

Our CEO Andrew Wilson will be hosting the show along with our development teams from the Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles.

Don’t miss any of the action – you can watch the broadcast live on Spike TV or stream it from www.ea.com/e3 and www.twitch.tv.

What are you most looking forward to seeing? Tweet us @EA and let us know

Don't miss a thing leading up to the show. Stay up to date with our blog, Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

http://bit.ly/1kJJBZ4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay quick note, I checked the transcript and they said "at least" six game unveils and didn't say they would only be for next year.

Bsigg12

FIFA 16
Madden 16
NHL 16
Tiger Woods 16
NBA Live "This time we're serious" edition
NCAA 16

Na, sports games are all shown the year they're released unless it's something like UFC which we're not sure if it'll have yearly releases. This is should be more along the lines of none EA Sports games. All the games you listed will be shown at next year's E3.

Quentyn

Okay quick note, I checked the transcript and they said "at least" six game unveils and didn't say they would only be for next year.

So that means it does include BF: Police Edition, but I assume not Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2, because they are technically unveiled already? With all the other stuff like the sports games and Dragon Age it will be pretty packed E3 show this year.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
NFS, BATTLEFIELD, DRAGON AGE INQUISITION, MIRRORS EDGE, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT... 5 already.

NFS, BATTLEFIELD, DRAGON AGE INQUISITION, MIRRORS EDGE, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT... 5 already.

Title change. It's actually 6 unannounced titles. So Visceral's Battlefield and Mass Effect 4 are the ones I can think of right now that haven't been officially announced.

Edit: Whatever Criterion is working on would make 3.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Title change. It's actually 6 unannounced titles. So Visceral's Battlefield and Mass Effect 4 are the ones I can think of right now that haven't been officially announced.

Edit: Whatever Criterion is working on would make 3.
Don't think so. If it's 6 unannounced then that would be like a dozen games to show during the event which is not possible.

Are you ready to BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR even harder my broes? We're making Battefield 3 AGAIN!

Please ditch the single player. PLEASE put the resources into multiplayer only. The single player is so bad, so pointless!

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Are you ready to BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR even harder my broes? We're making Battefield 3 AGAIN!

Please ditch the single player. PLEASE put the resources into multiplayer only. The single player is so bad, so pointless!
They can't afford to do that after COD ADVANCED WARFARE trailer. Plus they also need to show dem graphics with single player

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, so this E3 is going to be good!

Chance of seeing Hennig's game?

Just because you're asking: NONE. Kidding, but considering they're going to show Battlefront this year and she just went to Visceral, it's slim. They're probably in pre-production right now.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'm excited. Hopefully we see some Battlefront or Mirrors Edge gameplay. If the Battlefield SWAT rumor is true, I'll be hype.

schaft0620

Madden, NHL, NBA, Battlefront, FPS 2014, Need
For Speed. Done and done.
Edit: how could I forget Fifa and TitanFall DLC

Sandfox

FIFA
Star Wars
Mass Effect
FPS
?
?

I'm expecting a casual title and maybe a NFS reveal for a title to be released next year.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think this more or less assures Mass Effect's presence.

Likely:
Mass Effect
BioWare new IP
Battlefront
Criterion new IP

Maybe:
Some Maxis casual thing
Mirror's Edge
Visceral Star Wars

I highly doubt Criterion's next game will be shown for a while. 80% of the staff were moved over to Ghost Games UK (and then fired when it was closed down) and the two founders quit.

In fact, I doubt EA will even announce one new IP. 6 unveils really isn't that much given what we know they're working on (Battlefront, Star Wars Visceral, Battlefield Visceral, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge 2, yearly sports sequels, etc.).

Amir0x

Banned
I'm curious to see if they can win back any good will from me after the miserable past few years they've been having. A non-bastardized Mirror's Edge 2 would be a nice start.

Zomba13

At least 6 new games with maybe one of them being a new IP (0 of them if Star Wars Game doesn't count).

IMO of course. EA could surprise, you never know.

Then again it is EA so they won't.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
All I want is Mass Effect. The wait will be excruciating.

Top Bottom