• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Kojima Station] Metal Gear Solid V: E3 Sneak Peek - June 5, 2014, 8 AM (EDT)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Kojima may be an awful storyteller but by god he is an absolute genius when it comes to game design and mechanics. Besides one janky contextual animation the gameplay in that video is extremely fluid. Was TPP confirmed to also be 60fps even tho it's on such a humongous scale compared to GZ?

Spazznid

lol xD I didn't know what ASMR is till now...

Is this basically whispering ?

More like doing things to trigger a "Tingle" effect, like goosebumps, and shivers. Kind of like taking a drug that relaxes you, but the drug is just audio stimulation. Whispering is a big trigger for many, but some are more affected by tapping, scrathing, or even faint noises.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
ibg4zi2KaMhVoL.gif
tumblr_mgqp1gKmst1ry10fwo1_400.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
I cant wait for this game! Large gameworld, openworld approach to stealth [i liked it a lot in GZ], KojiPro attention to detail, at last perfect controll scheme for both stealth and action, ambitious story, excellent engine/visuals, and of course 1080p60 on PS4.

2015 will be epic.

Spazznid

Kojima may be an awful storyteller but by god he is an absolute genius when it comes to game design and mechanics. Besides one janky contextual animation the gameplay in that video is extremely fluid. Was TPP confirmed to also be 60fps even tho it's on such a humongous scale compared to GZ?

yep.

Spaghetti

The game looks amazing in PS4 but guys, the textures are seriously in need of improvement... to those who keep saying about ground zeroes, yes it looks great but try and look at the graound textures, rocks etc and you'll see that there are some pretty fugly textures in there... i wouldnt even call them ps3 gen textures...
considering the game is actually out on last gen, it's pretty silly to say the current gen textures look worse than the other version when they obviously are not.

raven777

Well, it took them this long to confirm that GZ will not be included in TPP. I guess they were not happy with GZ's sales?

Most Japanese ones aren't binaural, other than the pervy ones.

I haven't seen many, but the ear cleaning one I listened to didn't seem pervy, unless you count ear cleaning as pervy, and she seemed to have a binaural microphone. Unless the entire effect was done in some audio program.

Betty

Banned
Well, it took them this long to confirm that GZ will not be included in TPP. I guess they were not happy with GZ's sales?

They said GZ sales were solid a while back, if they weren't happy with the sales I think they'd confirm it was in TPP.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That is quite amazing considering how large these environments are on top of dynamic lighting, wind, weather ON TOP of a day and night cycle. Please let there be a forest level. ಥ_ಥ

The MSGV trailer last E3 was the best trailer of the show IMO... Can't wait to see the new one on Monday!!! The music... so epic.

valkyre

considering the game is actually out on last gen, it's pretty silly to say the current gen textures look worse than the other version when they obviously are not.

errr? What? Please tell me where I said that GZ textures on PS4 look worse than the PS3 version of the same game...

I said that some PS4 GZ textures are even sub current gen quality, judging not by the PS3 version of the same game, but in general. Look at the textures of Red Dead Redemption for example. Some of GZ textures are pretty hideous even for PS3 standards. I understand PS3 GZ pushes as much as possible its hardware, but surely we should have better textures in the PS4 version...

Just look at PS4 ground zeroes rock textures. Some of them surely you will realize are really really bad.

And dont misunderstand me... the game is instant buy for me... i ove everything about it, even the graphics. But it is true that it doesnt feel all that next gen compared to what we have seen.

raven777

They said GZ sales were solid a while back, if they weren't happy with the sales I think they'd confirm it was in TPP.

well I don't know. Now that it's confirmed, I think we will see GZ+TPP package releasing when they release TPP.

As far as overall aesthetics go, I disagree. I'm a big PC gamer myself, and despite that, I can appreciate the visuals of the consoles. I have a very different idea of "Next Gen". I don't expect most of it to knock my socks off, because Generations are based in a console world. I'm still amazed whenever I play Dragon's Dogma, and on PC, that game would look like steaming shite.

Same here. MGS could look worse than Ultra textures Ultra everything TXAAx4 Watch Dogs, but hey, it's consoles, no need to be a prick about it.

Spaghetti

errr? What? Please tell me where I said that GZ textures on PS4 look worse than the PS3 version of the same game...

look at the graound textures, rocks etc and you'll see that there are some pretty fugly textures in there... i wouldnt even call them ps3 gen textures...

the textures in the current gen version are a.) better quality, and b.) running in a higher resolution than their last gen counterparts. they can't be below last-gen texture standards and you're just being hyperbolic about it.

Jigolo

1080p/60FPS in an open world game that looks that good?

Fox Engine is glorious holy shit. Beautifully optimized.

Betty

Banned
well I don't know. Now that it's confirmed, I think we will see GZ+TPP package releasing when they release TPP.

Oh yeah, that's pretty much always been expected, regardless of how well GZ sold. A bundle type deal for those that hadn't bought GZ's yet.

And dont misunderstand me... the game is instant buy for me... i ove everything about it, even the graphics. But it is true that it doesnt feel all that next gen compared to what we have seen.

Personally, I'll notice things like SSAO and ultra high-res textures if you point them out to me in a screenshot, but when I'm actually playing a game I just don't see'em and it never occurs to me to look. That stuff is the first to go when a PC game I'm playing is dropping under 60FPS. As such, I'm pretty much over the moon that KojiPro chose to prioritise framerate over visual quality, because the gorgeous smoothness of 60FPS is something that really does please my eyes. I think Ground Zeroes is the best-looking current-gen game by far (on PS4, at least).

jett

D-Member

Well it's that plus excellent art design plus having to make sure it runs well and still looks good on last-gen machines. Where you can tell they cut corners in is in polygonal complexity.

Agreed. GZ was a delicious blend of visuals and performance IMO... I hope with TPP kojima is able to maintain performance with slightly improved visuals.

cackhyena

I said that some PS4 GZ textures are even sub current gen quality, judging not by the PS3 version of the same game, but in general. Look at the textures of Red Dead Redemption for example. Some of GZ textures are pretty hideous even for PS3 standards. I understand PS3 GZ pushes as much as possible its hardware, but surely we should have better textures in the PS4 version...

Just look at PS4 ground zeroes rock textures. Some of them surely you will realize are really really bad.

Only thing that bothered me was pop in when running fast on PS4. GZ is still the most time I've put in a game for current gen. If something like the next Hitman looks markedly better than TPP but plays worse, I'll choose TPP every time. It looks plenty good enough.

SDJGreen

Banned
I don't really get this picture. Is that a really zoomed out perspective of the TPP landscape? Is it all going to be placed in a giant desert? I kinda wished for some vegetation. :(

Yeah, I'm not sure I get it either.
Maybe it's because i'm looking at a blurry image in a small window in work.

Is this the whole map? I'm sure Kojima mentioned there were several maps across different regions of the world that we'd travel between via heli. Afghan desert, jungle area etc.

Top Bottom