• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation now on Oculus VR

Man

One of the E3 demos:

http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/jason-rubin-joins-the-team-and-oculus-at-e3-2014/

Creative Assembly’s Alien: Isolation™ is a new survival horror game set in the Alien™ universe. A terrifying experience, particularly in virtual reality, Isolation is all about survival.

alien_small.jpg

In the E3 Rift demo, you’ll use every tool at your disposal to escape from a ruthless Alien in the wreckage of your spaceship. Underpowered and underprepared, you’ll scavenge resources and improvise solutions; not just to succeed, but to survive

Vuze

Will be fun to watch ppl playing this, no way in hell am I gonna touch this in VR.
But it's good to see an AAA(?) title officially supporting the Rift.

Dennis

Banned
This could be a transcendental experience.

Or it could scar you for life.

What is certain is this: KILLER APP

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fooook.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but I don't know if I want to wait on it til OR arrives.

Or maybe I should get a dev kit.

Or maybe it'll (hopefully!) be so good, and replayable, that I could play it again in VR.

UberTag

This seems to be an extremely shrewd demo game given the mechanics of Isolation.
Oculus has some big plans in store.

Jedi2016

Hopefully we get more information before release. I was planning on getting this on PS4, but I wonder if it will support Morpheus at some point. I will be picking up an Oculus eventually.

Kajiba

I don't think my body can handled that.

Just think about the jump scares that game will have with the oculus on when it happens lol. That's to much.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man... I would love to prank someone and when the facehugger was going to get them, I would stuff something in their mouth and freak them the fuck out.

God that would terrify me.

RetroStu

Banned
I'm a huge ALIEN/ALIENS fan so don't take this as me hating but i just don't feel this game is going be very good. It seems very basic, almost like those crappy randomly generation dungeon crawlers you get On Oculus where the whole point is to not die and reach a certain point.

This is so fucking stupid.

Who would play a game like that on VR, fuck that shit. No. I'm not doing it. I already have enough stress in my life.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm a huge ALIEN/ALIENS fan so don't take this as me hating but i just don't feel this game is going be very good. It seems very basic, almost like those crappy randomly generation dungeon crawlers you get On Oculus where the whole point is to not die and reach a certain point.

have we even seen any gameplay yet?

Top Bottom