• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation now on Oculus VR

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
This is so fucking stupid.

Who would play a game like that on VR, fuck that shit. No. I'm not doing it. I already have enough stress in my life.

I don't understand this criticism. VR is great for immersing one's self in worlds we couldn't normally experience; it's used to get as raw of an experience as possible. This type of game is perfect for such a technology. We complain so often that horror games are no longer scary, well, here you fucking go!

Just imagine this in VR:

18enqwvbhqw5ygif.gif

pants shitting terror

Can you poop and ejaculate at the same time?

I'm going to get to find out.

This is the best news yet. I hope my PC is up to running this as it stands, because I'm not upgrading it until a couple of months after Alien Isolation comes out.

Nikodemos

Seriously... how funny would it be if you took one of these and pushed it into someone's mouth when a facehugger hit...
You're likely to get legit beat up for a prank like that.

Howver, I think you'd need some decent over-the-ear headphones.

FinKL

This is a megaton for me, AAA gaming designing around the Rift? Can't wait to see reactions, someone better be taping!

Haunted

VR is going to get stopped the second some guy dies of a heart attack because he was playing a horror game on the Rift. :lol

Finally we're seeing one of the oldest videogame related urban legends come true - if you die in the game YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh my god.

Almost makes me want to cancel my PS4 preorder and wait until I get my Rift for it. Seems like it would be an amazing experience.

Really hope they get the consumer model out sooner rather than later, dying to buy one but don't really wanna go for pre consumer models just to buy another so soon after. Especially with Google Glass this year as well.

Going to build a new rig for my Rift at real ease, for when 60fps in stereo 3D at 1080p just isn't cutting it anymore.

I wonder how they are going to handle cut scenes (plenty in the trailers), camera shake and post-processing effects for this? All three are basically incompatible with VR best practices.

Assuming they're on it this could absolutely be an Oculus Rift killer app. The fact they are showing it in VR at E3 is an awesome indication of commitment.

Also having played my fair share of Rift horror demos this will probably dwarf any other horror experience on release. The feeling of horror in VR is the difference between a jump scare on TV and a jump scare in real life.

SparkTR

This is the exact type of game Oculus needs to be going after, as an Alien fan this might sell me on a devkit. The ability to BE inside the movie sounds too insane to pass up.

Mr.Green

A few impression tweets:

Jess Conditt said:
Just played Alien: Isolation on Oculus Rift. I ... need new pants. #E3Joy
https://twitter.com/jessconditt/status/476459199526735872

PHNK said:
Just experienced @AlienIsolation on @oculus rift at #E32014. Most frightening video game experience ever. I'm still shaking.
https://twitter.com/brandonfoy/status/476446048571760640

Ian Hamilton said:
No gaming experience on a 2D screen could match the two games I just played in the DK2 @oculus Rift. Not even close.
https://twitter.com/hmltn/status/476449384201064448

Credit to this Reddit post.

Top Bottom