• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry 4 Gameplay Shows Elephant Riding, New Weapons and More

GHG

Holy Fuck.

Not only can you still shoot while riding the Elephant, but the elephant will also destroy anybody who dares stand in its wake?

SOLD.

Savitar

Already got the game pre ordered due to how awesome it looked and the fun I had in FC3.

The one thing I wish they would change is the need to hold a button to access something, like entering a vehicle or whatever.

That's one thing that bugs the hell out of me during the games.

ELEPHANT DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS

Seriously, looks awesome. My most anticipated Ubisoft game right now. The music is a bit boring but otherwise looks like great fun.

Courage

Are the outposts gonna be the best part of the game again? Because I'm not really in the mood to collect 15 koala hides, 13 horse fingernails, and 73 tulip half-petals to craft a barrel for my shotgun.

R_Deckard

looks awesome fun and identical to the stage demo, I read on some sites it was NOTHING like that demo, other than a cut back on some of the Volumetric smoke it looks the same to me?

Why cannot even Gaming Websites now be trusted or is the "DownGrade" talk going to be the new thing this Entire gen!

Looks amazing, can't wait. Looks like Farcry 3 with prettier graphics which is fine by me.

Also, you can't kill an elephant? Crosshair turned green to indicate friendly.

Anyone else just sort of... meh? (I know, i'm probably the only one) It looks good... but nothing really jumped out at me as special... save for the elephant, which was cool.

theJohann

Already got the game pre ordered due to how awesome it looked and the fun I had in FC3.

The one thing I wish they would change is the need to hold a button to access something, like entering a vehicle or whatever.

That's one thing that bugs the hell out of me during the games.

I believe Far Cry 3 had several mods that changed it to a single key press rather than having to hold the key.

jem0208

It looks great, but I can't shake the feeling that it's Far Cry 3: Himalaya Edition.

I hope it does more to differentiate itself than from what we've seen...

Elixist

Anyone else just sort of... meh? (I know, i'm probably the only one) It looks good... but nothing really jumped out at me as special... save for the elephant, which was cool.

i kind of am. i'd really like some gore shooting off limbs and stuff, if its just gonna be a big dumb game.

jelly

I'm very bored of the outpost stuff and the game play doesn't do anything for me. It was average last time around.

The_Monk

Loving this location, hope it can have lot's of place to discover. Will play it as soon as possible, loved Far Cry 3.

riflen

I'm with you on that one it looks like far cry 3 with a slight touch up.

Of course it does. This still has to run on the Xbox360 and PS3 for God's sake. This is clearly the same Dunia 2 engine with modest improvements and adjustments probably to help it with the change in setting.

For what it's worth, the PC build of Far Cry 3 still looks excellent and taxes even the newest hardware. I'm looking forward to this game a fair bit.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just the fact alone that there is a sawed off shotgun in the game is going to drive me to buy it. Also the antagonist is FANTASTIC.

I was able to play the same exact demo yesterday at E3. It was pretty fun. I chose the option to ride the elephant. I don't know if the elephant can die though. It does definitely feel like Far Cry 3, but just in a different location.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love the way the elephant juggles guys with its trunk.
KuGsj.gif

I hate watching people try to aim with controllers, so inaccurate.

But the game looked fun. I hope it's as good as FC3, I really enjoyed that game

Raven77

You know I really want to get hyped about this, but seeing it next to AC: Unity, the "last-gen shackles" that people like to talk about really do show.

To me this looks no better than Far Cry 3. Not a bad thing at all if you loved Far Cry 3 and don't care about graphics.

Has anything been said about the current gen / pc development of this, as in, is it a separate team or something similar to how Forza Horizon 2 on XB1 is being developed completely separate from the 360 version.

Marleyman

Banned
Ehh.. Looks like Far Cry 3. Not a horrible thing but with the titles coming out this really does nothing for me, and I did enjoy Far Cry 3.

The Chef

Is it just me or does this look a bit..... Meh?

Very last genny.

A little bit yeah. I thought the first trailer when you see the Himalayan-esque mountains looked pretty great. But I agree, nothing else really seems much better. Specifically with explosions and destructibility which is what I definitely would have expected. Still looks like a ton of fun though.

Shredderi

Hah, the elephant takedowns are cool. Visually I think it looks great (the setting, mountains etc.) but that just makes me wish more that this would be for current-gen only. This setting would look insane with the fidelity that comes when not being anchored by older hardware.

Toa TAK

Banned
Looks like a ton of fun, as Far Cry 3 was.

Like I said before, I just hope they add more content, because once you beat Far Cry 3's outpost and stories, there wasn't much to do.

It looks like an upgraded FC3. It's pretty much the Ubisoft Universal Game Template now.

Still, FC3 was very good - and this is an improved version - so it should be pretty good at least.

I wonder if I'll prefer the antagonist to the protagonist again. From the trailer, all signs point to yes.

LQX

We must be able to kill the Elephants right? I wonder how long it will take to kill one.

Top Bottom