• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July offerings for NA

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Strider and Muramasa convinced me to sign up to PS +

Glad I waited...first month since PS + began that had games I wanted that I didn't already own

x Misogi

If you have a Wii and you're willing to part with some bucks, play Muramasa on Wii.

The control scheme feels so much better there. (or maybe i just got used to it)

Lhadatt

If you have a Wii and you're willing to part with some bucks, play Muramasa on Wii.

The control scheme feels so much better there. (or maybe i just got used to it)

The Vita version has a superior translation. I have both, and I prefer the Vita version.

Question: are the PS plus discounts for the entire month or just until a certain day of the month? I've been interested on Steamworld Digs and at $5 USD is impossible not to dig it, but I won't be able to buy it until next week.

Question: are the PS plus discounts for the entire month or just until a certain day of the month? I've been interested on Steamworld Digs and at $5 USD is impossible not to dig it, but I won't be able to buy it until next week.
The sale will go until Monday night July 7th (though really until mid Tuesday.)

Ok, so I downloaded Dead Space 3 on my PS3 because of Plus. I loved DS 1 and 2 but was not interested in 3 at all not because of microtransactions since the first two games had them to some extend, but because of the heavy focus on dudebro action (more so than DS2) and the co-op feature; RE 5 engraved a deed hatred for that feature.

So I boot the game up and the convoluted intro quickly turned me off. It doesn't help that literally the second enemy encounter is with gunned humans. WTF??

Now I find out there are no save stations in the game. I did see the autosave message at the start of the game, but I thought we could still manually save our progress. That's a huge deal breaker for me since I tend to create multiple save files for my playthroughs in case I want to revert my decisions on upgrades, I fuck up, or some glitch fucks me over. What kind of retard thought this would be a great idea?

I was thinking I'd get the trilogy (since I no longer own the frist two games on disc) or the ultimate edition if I liked the game, but the chances are looking grim.

bumpkin

...why did I not go out and buy Muramasa? I downloaded the freebie earlier tonight and played it for a good couple of hours. It looks beautiful, it sounds wonderful, it's challenging and engaging. It's got more going for it than several of the Vita games I did buy at retail.

I almost want to frivolously go out and buy a hard copy just to say "This game's fucking great!" with my wallet.

chuckycem

Thanks to PS+ i had a chance to try Doki-Doki Universe . It looks like it is a game for kids but i was wrong. It is a game for everyone.
It plays like a point and click adventure game, has cute visuals, great characters and above all it has great messages hidden under its cuteness.

I'm surprised it wasnt discussed much on Gaf; i can't recommend it enough and can't wait for lunch break to play more.

Krakn3Dfx

Thanks to PS+ i had a chance to try Doki-Doki Universe . It looks like it is a game for kids but i was wrong. It is a game for everyone.
It plays like a point and click adventure game, has cute visuals, great characters and above all it has great messages hidden under its cuteness.

I'm surprised it wasnt discussed much on Gaf; i can't recommend it enough and can't wait for lunch break to play more.

The depth of DDU cannot be understated. One of the most unique games I've played in a long while.

JoshHood

I'm hoping they finally add Knack, the first retail PS4 game
I'm pretty sure something like Injustice would be more likely as the first retail game, as it was already a cheaper game, that was a port from current gen, that Sony seemed to have some involvement with, of a game that hasn't yet been on Plus despite the team's previous game being on it, and reviewed reasonably well but likely didn't do great sales-wise.

Qwark

I honestly cannot predict PS4 titles.

PS3 i think will be Saints Row 4 & Beyond

I don't think they'll put Beyond, just because there's probably a PS4 version coming and I could see that game taking up a huge amount of space (Edit: 25GB I guess, not terrible).

SR4 is a great guess though.

why? strider and towerfall were both on Ps+ within 4 months

Wow. Someone who doesn't think I'm a complete moron for that prediction. Thanks!

knack would be cool.

would like something other than transistor because i bought it lol

See, I think that's kind of the reason to put Transistor up. I'm sure most PS4 early-adopters who wanted the game have bought it already (myself included), so now you're getting people who aren't familiar with Transistor talking about it and getting their friends to buy it in subsequent months.

fvng

My money is on Ni No Kuni. Game goes for less than $10 on the past couple of excellent PSN sales, it might as well go free.

I think people will be more forgiving of Knack since they didn't have to throw down $60 for it

why? strider and towerfall were both on Ps+ within 4 months

Really guy? Towerfall is a year old port and strider clearly isn't on the same level as transistor.

Games like outlast and don't starve were day one PS+ games. Some games are destined for PS+. Transistor is not one of them.

Really guy? Towerfall is a year old port and strider clearly isn't on the same level as transistor.

Games like outlast and don't starve were day one PS+ games. Some games are destined for PS+. Transistor is not one of them.

If you're releasing a game in the first year of the PS4 being released, your game is pretty much destined for PS+.

I'd be interested to know how you qualify this

Anecdata, but at PAX East in 2013, Transistor was one of the longest lines (like three hours long throughout the show) and Supergiant had a big booth with at least eight stations, too. It's still pretty early in the game's life cycle and I feel like Supergiant would be giving money away by putting it on PS+ now. Which, you know, great for me, but they'd be crazy to do it!

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Predictions:

PS3

Some random assassins creed game
Random indie title

Ps4

Some cool indie game

Ps vita

Whatever crap they can find that they previously put on sale that you already bought.Probably a racing game.

Top Bottom