• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July offerings for NA

fvng

Yeah, to a certain extent I think Sony doesn't mind losing a bit of "standard" software sales in exchange for the steady income from plus. Third parties probably don't either, since they get money from putting their games on plus and can use it as advertising for sequels and DLC (note how Muramasa has two more DLC releases to go on top of the two in the store right now, as an example.)

And perhaps most importantly, PS+ is a gateway drug to buying digital. If PS+ results in slightly fewer software sales overall but more digital sales, that's a net gain for everyone except Gamestop.

It's a solid strategy honestly. Weening people off physical disc sales. I sold my copy of Diablo 3 so I could buy it on the PS+ Sale. (I broke even)

The less shit on my shelf the better

Read this. Use your eyes and read the part where it says I'm happy with PS+.

So can I not complain here? Is anyone actually reading my posts? Because no one has even responded to the main point I'm trying to make.

I responded to your main point. As stated, I'm not personally bothered by a potential switch to fewer brand new releases being included in the IGC. That's how it's always been on PS3, and I didn't expect them to permanently continue offering brand new titles on PS4. Part of the reason I'm not bothered is that I rarely buy indie games; instead, I just play the ones that Sony releases on PS+. So, I do understand why it might be frustrating to someone who buys a lot of day 1 indie games and was happy to have some free new releases instead.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Awesome for Muramasa. I wish it was Dragon's Crown, since I already own Muramasa, but at least people will be able to try it out.

I was super interested in Doki Doki before it came out, but my hype slowly fizzled out. Anyone play it and have any impressions? Also is it cross buy with the other consoles?

I was super interested in Doki Doki before it came out, but my hype slowly fizzled out. Anyone play it and have any impressions? Also is it cross buy with the other consoles?

Yes. At first, someone from Sony commented with no on the blog, but then followed up by saying they were wrong and apologized. So, essentially this month we are getting 8 games instead of 6. On PS4: Towerfall: Ascension, Strider, and Doki-Doki Universe. On PS3: Dead Space 3, Vessel, and Doki-Doki Universe. On Vita: Muramasa: Rebirth and Doki-Doki Universe. I just hope that little "error" by the Sony commenter was just an "error" and not a sign that they will soon disable cross-buy access when a typically cross-buy game is part of PS+.

Gray Matter

Is dead space 3 worth playing? I only played the first and stopped half way because I'm a little girl when it comes to horror games

Aru

Is dead space 3 worth playing? I only played the first and stopped half way because I'm a little girl when it comes to horror games

Dead Space 3 is barely scary at all. Only a bit stressing at times, when a lot of monsters show up. It's clearly not a survival/horror game.
It's only worth it if you have someone to play with on coop mode.

drotahorror

Dead Space 3 is one of the funniest (yes, funniest) games I've ever played. Played through it co-op and it was just hilarious. I recommend it.

But yeah was wondering if these games will hit today or next tuesday.

At least the number of people who play Strider and are thoroughly disappointed by it will not feel as ripped off as I did spending $9 on it back on release. It's really an average-at-best game which makes poor use of the IP.

Muramasa is a fanastic game and I highly suggest looking at the DLC if you like what the main game offers.

Mihos

Gold Member
Man, I hovered over Muramasa more than a few times to buy. Glad I waited.

Awesome for Strider as well.

todd360

I'm pretty excited to try out dead space 3. I loved dead space 2 so much. That game really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as I thought it was. I didn't buy 3 because of all the talk I heard about the micro transactions.

Oh..didn't know that was still a thing lol. Guess I'll check in tomorrow..
It's not. The store usually updates around 4pm cst if not earlier. There's only been a few isolated cases in the last few years where the store failed to update on time.

Looking forward to Muramasa.

And everyone should get towerfall. It's awesome!

Wow, this is probably one of the best months in recent memory. I haven't played any of these games, except for Doki Doki. Great news.

Dipz

Banned
Finally, Dead Space 3 is at the price it always should've been.

Bummed that I already paid for all the PS4 and Vita offerings :(

Sora_N

Wow all the games showed up all at once? WAs that supposed to happen?

Also is Doki Doki Universe cross-trophy? I googled but couldn't confirm.

EDIT so PS3/V are same, PS4 is different.

I keep reading how xbox one upped it's game by providing one game with gold with gold, meanwhile little to no mention that the ps4 gets three games with ps+.

all this is doing is making me never want to buy a psn game ever

strider is 4 months old and when did towerfall drop?

never again Sony-never again.

MDSLKTR

Great offerings, tried towerfall with the gf yesterday = perfect party game. Strider is awesome too, very fast paced and acrobatic, love it.
Didn't even try the vita games yet.

OSHAN

all this is doing is making me never want to buy a psn game ever

strider is 4 months old and when did towerfall drop?

never again Sony-never again.

Yeah I actually feel burned for once. I never expected either title to be on Plus so soon. I bought both at launch.

ultron87

Everyone should download Towerfall just in case you have friends over and multiple controllers ever during the lifetime of your PS4. Doesn't even have to be big into gaming friends. Everyone loves Towerfall.

4 month old strider is what burned me, if it happened next year or at the end of this year I wouldn't care

But it's STILL A NEW GAME, $15 waste

quickwhips

I'm not buying anything yet this gen for Playstation since I got ps+. Feels good and I'm just waiting for Last of Us and Evolve to actually be first games I buy on PS4.

Top Bottom