• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 1 port coming to iPhone and iPad

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Alternate title: "2K ports game that isn't Civilization V to iPad"

hoNEqEb.jpg

fPn8q2H.jpg

2K is to bring underwater first-person shooter BioShock to iPhone and iPad this summer, as a premium-priced app with MFi controller support.

You can see how it looks, and find out a little about how it plays, in our video above.

BioShock is coming to iOS in the summer, and requires an iPad Air or iPad mini 2, or an iPhone 5, 5C, or 5S. No current iPod touches are supported, and Lowe says 2K has "no immediate plans to bring BioShock to Android."

Pocket Gamer

So... what resolution is that actually running at, because that is not retina. Still, I guess it's neat if they can meet 360's res/performance at this point.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well it's good that it has controller support at least.

I'd worry about the default controls making the game much harder to play, but considering how easy it was in the first place it might work out in its favour!

When 2K were teasing something Bioshock related I said to my friend that it would be iOS related, and he didn't believe me.
W e l p

Why didn't they port this to Vita instead

ZServ

I.. Don't really get why, though? FPS are hard as shit to play on touch input. Even with a controller, the audio quality is gonna be awful, and that's a huge portion of the experience. I. Uh.

Whatever. Cool for those who really want it, I guess.

Ovek

7Member7
It will play like garbage with touch screen controls like all FPS games on phones and tablets.

I guess it's time for me to start eating crow after I said mobile couldn't handle 7th Gen games.

;_;

Not yet. Look again at the screenshots: Models are a noticably lower fidelity. No character shadows. Low resolution. Particles don't have any lighting and are hard-edged. From a technical standpoint, it still looks poor compared to the Xbox 360 release.

You're still good for another couple of years.

lefantome

Looks like crap, lower res and available only to recent ipads and iphones.

Doesn't look good for a game who is made for an almost 9 years old hw

I have nothing against mobile gaming, but those screens look like shit.

I also don't think it's going to play well at all unless they dumb it down a lot.

kadotsu

Banned
No interest but it's good to see 2K at least trying to bring sensible pricing for good products to the platform.

MarkusRJR

Pretty amazing that there's last gen games coming to phones and tablets. If this comes to android with controller support I'll be so down. The improvements in mobile tech are so impressive.

VariantX

Would have been a better choice to build something from the ground up to take advantage of the strengths of the platform, but I guess a port is just cheaper.

Top Bottom