• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 1 port coming to iPhone and iPad

Usual mobile thread on gaf. Moaning about touch and what platform it isn't on.

As someone who has never played this and will be picking up a mfi controller soon, really looking forward to this.

Will probably pick up monster hunter ios soon, then this.

lol Read your post.

I don't see why anyone would play Bioshock 1 on their fucking iPhone. Especially for the first time ever. Kind of sad :[ Oh well. As long as you play it I guess?

devonodev

I don't think anybody would have ever asked for this, but I guess there's no problem with it. They'll get the audience who don't mind touch controls.

rezuth

I wish they would have waited so they could have supported Metal and really made it shine.

Garden Warfare etc looks so good.

Ourobolus

Banned
How is that not ideal ? That's exactly how we play games on consoles. :/

bioshock_ps3_esrbm.jpg

You're exactly right.

pixlexic

Banned
Right, because that's why I buy games on mobile. So I can be immobile.

And you are the only target for games on mobile devices?

The grand point of it all is to one day replace dedicated consoles. There are people out there who do not on a console who might would like to play a game like this on their tv at home when possible.
If not then gamepad plus mobile device is still viable.

Ourobolus

Banned

The grand point of it all is to one day replace dedicated consoles. There are people out there who do not on a console who might would like to play a game like this on their tv at home when possible.

I would be curious to see some statistics of people who use some sort of HDMI-out on their mobile devices. I'm willing to bet that 1) it's pretty darn low, and 2) the people who do use it are probably tech-savvy to the point that they probably already own a console or two.

dugdug

Banned

You're absolutely right. However, that is an apocalyptic future a lot of us would like to avoid.

Interfectum

The port begging in this thread is annoying.

I'll def check out Bioshock on my iPhone. Crazy to think how far mobile hardware has come to be able to play something like Bioshock.

DSmalls84

I don't even understand who buys these sort of games on mobile. Surely people realise it's going to play like shit? Do people just buy for the novelty? Just the wow this runs on my phone factor?

With controller support it should be fine. If I played mobile games I would rather play stuff like this, XCOM, and Civ Rev than most of the other mobile games released. Still hoping for a PS4/XB1 collection at some point though.

LSWilson

I.. Don't really get why, though? FPS are hard as shit to play on touch input. Even with a controller, the audio quality is gonna be awful, and that's a huge portion of the experience. I. Uh.

Whatever. Cool for those who really want it, I guess.

My thoughts exactly.

inyue

Banned
Wow did you guys see the youtube video? It's looks amazing. Even though I would never play this on my iPhone...

Ninja Dom

Usual mobile thread on gaf. Moaning about touch and what platform it isn't on.

As someone who has never played this and will be picking up a mfi controller soon, really looking forward to this.

Will probably pick up monster hunter ios soon, then this.

What mifi controller are you picking up? I'm really interested in getting one.

Any good controller suggestions for the ipad?

Not a ton of good full sized controllers at the moment, probably wait for Hori version that's supposed to be out end of this month:

http://afterpad.com/post/85115844500/new-horipad-mfi-game-controller-coming-soon

What mifi controller are you picking up? I'm really interested in getting one.

Waiting for this:

http://www.madcatz.com/products/gamesmart/ctrli/

supposed to be out soon.

It's sad to see people take pleasure in dismissing what is generally considered a good game (though not without problems/faults etc) being released on an additional platform where more people can enjoy it, because their personal preferences prevent them from doing so.

I have to wonder how many people will be in the group the game is directed at. They have to comply with all these conditions:

-have a Iphone/Ipad
-don't mind playing a fps with touch controls OR have an appropriate controller for Iphone/Ipad
- will pay a "premium" price App
- is interested in playing a lengthy fps/rpg game, in other words a hardcore experience
-but haven't played it in PS3, 360 or PC, or want to play it again but instead of playing in any of said platforms, in Apple platforms

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I wish they would have waited so they could have supported Metal and really made it shine.

Garden Warfare etc looks so good.

Yeah, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I can see myself buying a controller in the future.

I'll def check out Bioshock on my iPhone. Crazy to think how far mobile hardware has come to be able to play something like Bioshock.

It blows my mind when someone says it "looks like crap". It's Bioshock running on your PHONE! I remember playing freakin' Snake, and being blown away when one of my newer phones could play Ms Pac-Man. Modern gamers are getting harder and harder to tolerate around here.

Minsc

Gold Member
I have to wonder how many people will be in the group the game is directed at. They have to comply with all these conditions:

-have a Iphone/Ipad
-don't mind playing a fps with touch controls OR have an appropriate controller for Iphone/Ipad
- will pay a "premium" price App
- is interested in playing a lengthy fps/rpg game, in other words a hardcore experience
-but haven't played it in PS3, 360 or PC, or want to play it again but instead of playing in any of said platforms, in Apple platforms

If you look at mobile forums (like toucharcade), people like the above aren't all too uncommon. There's a huge thread about the Monster Hunter iOS port at toucharcade for example, with 100s of people really enjoying it and having put in dozens to hundreds of hours.

Percy

Banned
Why?

It's gonna play like shit on those :/

Would have been better off making that Bioshock Tactics game Levine was talking about and putting that on mobile instead imo.

Top Bottom