• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 on consoles got a update today "prevents" hacking

Santar

The PS3 and 360 versions of Diablo 3 got an update today.
The primary function of the patch was to enable the save transfer from last gen to current gen.
But Blizzard also implemented a Borderlands 2 like anti hacking system.
The game checks the values of items and if they are above what's possible in the game they get deleted.

Nice for the people who are annoyed by the hackers.

Now if only we could get some info om what sort of post launch support the Ultimate Evil Edition will get, two weeks from release and still no word...

Source: Blizzard Forums

MrDaravon

The game checks the values of items and if they are above what's possible in the game they get deleted.

Unbelievable that this wasn't fixed within a week or two. Week 1 on 360 I had friends who had items with literally impossible rolls (weapons with 3 sockets etc).

Santar

I'm a little confused by this. I want to go 360 to ps4. I linked both my accounts. Do I have to go back and manually export my save from the 360? Or will the blizzard servers already detect my old save for me?

Yeah it is a bit convoluted in that explanation.
I think you need to upload the save from within the 360 version and then the PS4 game will automatically detect the save from blizzards server.

The Goat

I would love to transfer my PC chars over to PS4, but I know that's probably asking too much. Oh well, half the fun is leveling up a new character anyway.

Yeah it is a bit convoluted in that explanation.
I think you need to upload the save from within the 360 version and then the PS4 game will automatically detect the save from blizzards server.

So then I have to go buy the game used from gamestop, upload the save from the 360 and then return the game. MISSION.

So then I have to go buy the game used from gamestop, upload the save from the 360 and then return the game. MISSION.

I got a 30 day free trial of Gamefly and the game is on the way right now. Once the game releases, I'll have 2 weeks to export my save, send it back, and cancel Gamefly.

bidguy

Banned
so you actually need the game to transfer your character ? already sold it but whatever ill start fresh

PrinceKee

So glad we can export saves cross system. Didn't play the 360 version that far into the game but, I'm gamer with a little time to play so I hate starting over. Can't wait to play the PS4 version with my lvl 7 Monk lol...

DieH@rd

Banned
The primary function of the patch was to enable the save transfer from last gen to current gen.

Now if only we could get some info om what sort of post launch support the Ultimate Evil Edition will get, two weeks from release and still no word...

PS3 and X360 both have cracked OS's [CFW/JTAG/RGH], and manual tweaking of game files/savegames is present on them.

On the other hand, PS4 and Xbone are totally secured. I dont expect piracy on them, except someone from console owners companies fucked up real hard.

Bittercup

If I have a EU version of Diablo 3 on PS3 and buy the US version of the PS4 version, would this cause any problems with importing my character?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

maneil99

Why are there quotation marks on 'prevents'; are you a sassy man who is filled with sass and needs to make sassy titles?

Valnen

Ok, then... they're better because they're not infested with always-on DRM. Happy?

Being forced to connect to a multiplayer server is not really the same thing as DRM. If that were the case Path of Exile would also be "infested with always-on DRM" and nobody complains about Path of Exile, so...

Deadbeat

Banned
Being forced to connect to a multiplayer server is not really the same thing as DRM. If that were the case Path of Exile would also be "infested with always-on DRM" and nobody complains about Path of Exile, so...
Because its free to play.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

But a quick search immediately shows people complaining.

Fuck this bullshit.

I traded in my copy if Diablo 3 for PS3 awhile ago, why does it need the game to do this and not just use a basic copy paste type of thing.

Fuck.

quest

Not Banned from OT

It is a first step from what I have heard it does not prevent a lot of the worst hacked items like gems with affixes or items with extra sockets.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704530-diablo-iii/69793502

Actually after checking out my gamesave I see what they changed. They have removed the ability to add more than 6 affixes to an item but they left the ability to add affixes to gems...So the most affixes you can still have are 24.

So far so good now they just need to remove affixes on gems and put in a system that blocks anything other then a chest piece from having 3 sockets

Its not and always-online requirement so it sounds reasonable to me. Doesn't stop all the trickery but helps against the more blatant stuff. Cool for those who get upset at modders.

Why are there quotation marks on 'prevents'; are you a sassy man who is filled with sass and needs to make sassy titles?
Maybe because it doesn't actually prevent hacking? Rather, it makes a rudimentary attempt to correct the most egregious examples.

That doesn't really fit in a thread title though, sassy. ;)

Santar

Because as others have said it doesn't really fix the hacking it just prevents some of it. Kinda hard to fit all that in the topic title.

maomaoIYP

Anyone knows if last gen consoles will get reaper of souls as DLC? I don't want to end up paying for another full priced disc.

Santar

Anyone knows if last gen consoles will get reaper of souls as DLC? I don't want to end up paying for another full priced disc.

No it will not. The only way to get Reaper of Souls on consoles is to buy the Ultimate Evil Edition which contains regular Diablo 3 with the expansion.

ZangBa

I believe it's $39.99 on last gen consoles for the full game, so I guess that's fair.

Supposedly, we will get our answers concerning post launch support tomorrow. I remain cautiously optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely ignore the issue.

maomaoIYP

No it will not. The only way to get Reaper of Souls on consoles is to buy the Ultimate Evil Edition which contains regular Diablo 3 with the expansion.

I believe it's $39.99 on last gen consoles for the full game, so I guess that's fair.

Supposedly, we will get our answers concerning post launch support tomorrow. I remain cautiously optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely ignore the issue.

Ugh, that actually kind of sucks. Thanks dudes.

Santar

Are you thinking about that Gamespot dev Q&A or have they announced something else?

TURBO1112

So if i Sold my Diablo 3 Xbox 360 version, Im not going to be able to export my saves unless I obtain another copy? Getting it on the Xbox One,

Valnen

So if you cant play at least you havent spend a dime, instead of not having access to your 60 dollar game.

So because it costs money that means it HAS to have an offline mode? I can't agree with that at all. That would mean Guild Wars 1 shouldn't have been allowed to exist.

Top Bottom