• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Sendou

Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 10, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition will feature a remastered version of the original game running at 1080p. 24 pieces of DLC, including the Year of the Snake and Nightmare in North Point add-ons will also be included.

The game will also feature "tuned gameplay" and improvements to the "ambience of Hong Kong", although Square has yet to confirm whether the frame rate will be boosted to 60fps or if it will continue to run at the original 30fps.

"It was an exciting opportunity for the original development team to be able revisit a game we're so passionate about", said Dan Sochan, senior producer at United Front Games. "We're giving old and new fans a lot reasons to pick up the game, as we've gone beyond just increasing resolution and running at 1080p. We listened to the fans: we tuned gameplay, we added to the ambience of Hong Kong, increased audio fidelity and pushed the visuals further than we could on the previous generation of consoles."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/sleeping_dogs_definitive_edition/news/sleeping_dogs_definitive_edition_confirmed_runs_at_1080p_on_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

devonodev

That's good news. I hope they do a similar thing with this that they did with Deus Ex: HR: DC and offer it for a lower price if you own the game. I'd be happy to double dip at a lower price. Assuming they changed up the graphics in a similar fashion to TR: DE or changed up the gameplay in some way.
Yes same, as much as I love the game there's no way I'm paying full price for a slight graphics upgrade to what I already have.

Darknight

All these "remasters" are gonna be a big thing this gen. All they are, are the PC version at High/Ultra settings + 1080p/60FPS.

Hope people get used to them.

neither

All these "remasters" are gonna be a big thing this gen. All they are, are the PC version at High/Ultra settings + 1080p/60FPS.

Hope people get used to them.
Not everyone has a pc though...

anyways never played this but heard great things about it, so looking forward to finally playing it.

Darknight

Well, I think we know what the defining aspect of this generation will be.

I dont think so. Its just an "easy" process now if there is a PC version out there and a dev willing to allocate 1-2 people on the project.

This gen is still early in its lifetime. New IPs are still gonna come and games are gonna look amazing. The "defining" aspect is gonna be near CG graphics in realtime as ND has proven to be the case. We still early with Virtual Reality and its gonna get bigger too. So for some to come to this conclusion this early is laughable.

Darknight

Not everyone has a pc though...

anyways never played this but heard great things about it, so looking forward to finally playing it.

Great for people who don't game on pc.

Yea and? I didnt say its a bad thing but its gonna BE a thing now. It makes sense...release the game how it was meant to be played to a wider audience. 360/PS3 users were playing shitty versions alot of the times of games if there was a PC version released too. I never played it on console nor on my PC even though Im sure it can run it. So now Im more likely to play it on PS4 since it looks/plays as it should with its system's benefits.

Why is this getting released on PC then?

Well its bundled with the DLC so new SKU? Also they can re-up the textures too on this version and re-release it on PC even though they could just patch the old version for free or paid but you know UBI wants PC players to pay full price again. This is mostly to get current gen gamers to buy again their game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Great news it coming to PC, won't have to listen to delusional PC gamers claiming they already have the definitive edition again......Oh wait, they're still doing it aren't they?

DJIzana

I feel bad for PS4 users having to pay $60.00 for this when the PC version offers a better experience, for less on Steam. This game, by default, already costs less on Steam and is always on sale anyways. Still even cheaper if you get all the DLC with the Steam copy.

Oh well... I guess I'll wait for the Steam sale for Triad Wars too when that gets released. =)

I feel bad for PS4 users having to pay $60.00 for this when the PC version offers a better experience, for less on Steam. This game, by default, already costs less on Steam and is always on sale anyways. Still even cheaper if you get all the DLC with the Steam copy.

Oh well... I guess I'll wait for the Steam sale for Triad Wars too when that gets released. =)

Costs way more on PC for me as I'd have to buy one capable of running it. Don't feel bad.

Muffdraul

Costs way more on PC for me as I'd have to buy one capable of running it. Don't feel bad.

NZPAb7m.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Well its bundled with the DLC so new SKU? Also they can re-up the textures too on this version and re-release it on PC even though they could just patch the old version for free or paid but you know UBI wants PC players to pay full price again. This is mostly to get current gen gamers to buy again their game.
There's already a version of the game bundled with all DLC.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Remasters, Remakes and Reboots.

Nah. This is good, because there is no BC.

And this will only last for a while, gives is something to play while the real "next gen" games are made, and doesn't take away from development of those titles.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Nah. This is good, because there is no BC.

And this will only last for a while, gives is something to play while the real "next gen" games are made, and doesn't take away from development of those titles.

Wrong dude.

Every remaster means 5 new games get cancelled. They cost that much and require that much manpower.

SE had to cancel Sleeping Dogs 2,3 and 4 to get this remaster out.

Likewise if not for The Last of Us Remastered, Naughty Dog would already have Uncharted 4,5 and 6 out by now.

yes, that was sarcasm

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I havent played it so this is perfect for me.
Day one. :3

Chris87

Neo Member
I picked this up today having not played it first time around.

I had a few moments when the game would freeze for a few seconds when I played it for the first time. However having allowed the initial update to install, that seems to be sorted out now.

Really enjoying it so far.

Top Bottom