• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound got very little hype.

So E3 2014 Microsoft announced their exclusive game Scalebound. This was their big platinum exclusive. Project Nagano. It's a Platinum Character Action Game from Hideki Kamiya arguable one of the most important people in the (sub) genre.

Not much is known about it but I feel nobody even cares the game is coming.

ntkrnl said March 2016 so it's over a year away so I have no idea when to expect more info.

Judging from the trailer is seems we may have some form of beast control and a "devil trigger" mechanic. Seems to be more focused on fighting monsters than anything else.

Trailer

What say you GAF? Do you care?

Hoo-doo

Banned
So E3 2014 Microsoft announced their exclusive game Scalebound. This was their big platinum exclusive. Project Nagano. It's a Platinum Character Action Game from Hideki Kamiya arguable one of the most important people in the (sub) genre.

Not much is known about it but I feel nobody even cares the game is coming.

ntkrnl said March 2016 so it's over a year away so I have no idea when to expect more info.

Judging from the trailer is seems we may have some form of beast control and a "devil trigger" mechanic. Seems to be more focused on fighting monsters than anything else.

Trailer

What say you GAF? Do you care?

You answered your own question. 2016 is ridiculously far away.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Sometimes it is hard to get excited about a CGI trailer in this day and age, plus the game is early 2016 at best.

Kamiya and whoever else moved onto Scalebound just got off TW101 late last year. I'm surprised we even got the CG trailer. I wouldn't expect any news from this game until E3 2015. I'm also expecting a delay to Q3 or Q4 2016 because "just gotta keep adding stuff." I'm excited because of the talent behind the game, but it's too early for hype.

Danielsan

Given that they only had a CG trailer, I doubt there's too much of a game to get hyped about yet. It's a Kamiya game, the hype will arrive, the sales probably not so much.

CGI trailer of create-a-kamiya-protagonist dudebro doing...something with dr.dre headsets and dragons, no actual gameplay details or anything of worth until E3 2015

whats to get hype about

Guess I'm just crazy then. I'm really looking forward to it. The character design is pretty cool. The environment and monsters look great. The idea of a new big budget character action title is super appealing to me.

Kamiya games aren't really that popular to be honest.
They seem to have trouble making games that are marketable for the mainstream in the West. Even when they make a solid shooter, it just doesn't sell well.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have no plans to buy an Xbone and hence no plans to play Scalebound. I'd be extremely happy if it came to PS4 but it probably never will.

It's only a CGI trailer. On top of that, it's exclusive to a console I don't plan to own (at least not for a very, very, very long time). Nope. Not hyped. I do sincerely hope it's good though.

Mdk7

I am more then interested in this, but i wasn't expecting it to surface again today.
Hell it would even surprise me lots if we get to see something at TGS.

Porcile

Was a lame CGI trailer with an equally bored looked Kamiya. It's going to be amazing but that reveal was anything but.

SerTapTap

Over a year away, CGI trailer, almost literally the only thing to be hyped about is the fact it's Platinum Games, and I think people appreciate that. Personally I can't be excited for an unknown IP with unknown gameplay. It was also part of an E3 full of CGI trailers, even for games coming sooner than Scalebound. Crackdown was CGI but we know what Crackdown's like (also if anything I've seen less crackdown hype).

Give it time, people just need to see more.

Salih

Well one thing i didn't like about that trailer is that it already implies some kind of 4 player coop gameplay. Not a big fan of that.

Tucah

you speak so well
I didn't like W101 but I'm still interested because of Kamiya. I'm just waiting for gameplay to get hyped.

CG trailers are shit, so this game is shit until I see anything else. Has a nice development name behind it though.

I'm so unhyped right now.

gugeifer

I think the right people (like me) got hyped when that trailer came up. So it achieved everything it needed.

2016 is far, but I'll remember that there's a god Kamiya game in the making.

JoJoSono

Banned
Huh? What the hell are we supposed to be hyped for? All they've shown is a cg trailer that in the end says very little about the game. What can you hype with that? It's a new ip. Cg trailers for new ips don't really work as reveals. Whats the point of this thread?

Sydle

Couldn't really tell much from the trailer.

I love Platinum, but there's just not much to speculate on at this point. It's at least 18 months off, so there is still plenty of time to build hype.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Platinum Games mean nothing if you only show a CG trailer. You want hype? Show gameplay.

It doesn't help that the character shown gives off Donte vibes...

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am not hyped about Scalebound because,

-GC trailer
-releasing in 2016
-don't know anything about it
-exclusive to the Xbone

I wish PlatinumGames all the best with Scalebound but I am probably skipping the game out.

Son Of D

We have a lot of people hyped about SMT x FE and they only showed a barebones teaser

Established popular IPs crossing over vs new IP.

If ScaleBound was announced as Devil May Cry x Dragon's Dogma or something but with just a CG trailer, there'd be more hype than a new IP being announced with a CG trailer purely because of the larger amount of speculation and discussion based on the little information.

We got a cg trailer. The best part of Kamiya action games is typically the combat system. It's hard to be hyped when we don't know anything about it.

Plus, all the most diehard platinum games fans, the living, breathing hype machines, have bayo 2 much nearer in the future to focus on.

I'm waiting for more info on Scalebound. But the CGI trailer alone didn't convince me on it.

Another game that should have a little bit more hype is that game from Swery65, D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die)

Top Bottom