• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon - first screens, info

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/691/691359p1.html

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031652732.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031653279.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031653904.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031654435.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031655013.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031655513.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031657326.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031657857.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031658497.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031659029.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031700232.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031700997.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031701528.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031702856.jpg

mortal-kombat-armageddon-20060224031703466.jpg

I think Mortal Kombat has one of the most distasteful art styles of any video games....ever.

This game looks horrible it'll definitely be a skip by me.

evil ways

Well the fucking Yeti is in so I'm sold.

And MK has always had bad art, even in it's 2D days, when it looked like John Tobias used a stencil set to draw all the characters since they all had the same look to the side pose.

I always feel a bit dirty about playing a western game trying to imitate Japanese-style art. It just seems so artificial to me.

For some reason, it doesn't bother me at all with RE4 and MGS3. Maybe because they fuckin' r0X ma SoXXXX

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Such bad art.

They could have gone in such a neat direction after MKII but instead they went for BMX cyborgs and steroid abuse cases.

You guys totally lost me. Too bad.

Pimpbaa

underfooter said:
I always feel a bit dirty about playing a western game trying to imitate Japanese-style art. It just seems so artificial to me.

For some reason, it doesn't bother me at all with RE4 and MGS3. Maybe because they fuckin' r0X ma SoXXXX

They don't look like they are imitating japanese style art. I don't think they are imitating anything. They just have very very poor modelers.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
underfooter said:
No immitation, just plain bad. :)

Vormund

Never mind how shit it looks, what about the gameplay? That's even worse! I don't expect it to drastically improve this time around. :lol

The retards at midway like to have a seperate button for everything, they are even toying with the idea of jump button :lol

I think the idea of pushing more than one button at once is an unknown concept there.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
What's with the bunny ears on the top right dude :lol :lol :lol

Edit: in the group shot.

Upon reflection, this might be the saddest thing I've seen in a long, long time. Bests FCK with aplomb to spare. Though the graphics are probably a bit better in this.

BTW, am I really seeing an undead Lui Kang or is that some new character (out of the, you know, 6000 they have in that shot)

Also nice job on trying to rip SCIII's character creation: it isn't working!

raYne

My Arms Your Hearse said:
BTW, am I really seeing an undead Lui Kang or is that some new character (out of the, you know, 6000 they have in that shot)
Yeah, they "introduced" Zombie Liu Kang in the last game Deception.

Anyway... still looks terrible...

underfooter said:
I think Mortal Kombat has one of the most distasteful art styles of any video games....ever.

that's true. it almost seems like they let some nerds from that design dungeons & dragons characters have their shot at the "japanese" look.

Anyanka

Shapingo said:
Is that Ken Masters from street fighter standing in front of Shao Khan?

It's Kobra, one of the many lame and thrown together new characters introduced in the newer games.

I don't understand why anyone would be excited about all the characters returning. They're not going to actually have 60+ original characters. Half the roster will have recycled animation and moves. They can't make a roster of 20 characters completely original.

I can't believe I used to like this series. It's embarassing.

:lol what have they done to Scorpion?

The artists at Midway need to realize that sometimes simplicity isn't always that bad. Scorpion and SubZero looked so much better when they were just random ninja-looking dudes... not some kind of roided emperors. :lol

LakeEarth

Anyanka said:
It's Kobra, one of the many lame and thrown together new characters introduced in the newer games.

I don't understand why anyone would be excited about all the characters returning. They're not going to actually have 60+ original characters. Half the roster will have recycled animation and moves. They can't make a roster of 20 characters completely original.

I can't believe I used to like this series. It's embarassing.
If you can't break your MK collecting habit, I'm begging you to wait till the game gets price-cutted before buying them. Or used if you want to be real cheap.

Anyanka

LakeEarth said:
If you can't break your MK collecting habit, I'm begging you to wait till the game gets price-cutted before buying them. Or used if you want to be real cheap.

I'll HAVE to get Armageddon at full price the day it comes out for PS2....but I'll wait till it drops in price to get the Xbox one. The only reason I got both versions of Shaolin Monks so soon was the Xbox one being free.

Right now there's two new MK games I haven't got. Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for PSP and Delux for PC. I am surprisingly ok with not having them. I have like no desire to play either.

I wish I could transfer all the time I've wasted and MK knowledge I've memorized over the years into something better and more productive....like Tekken.

D

dicklaurent

Unconfirmed Member
lol.. I'm so glad the on-screen 2d menu design graphics are placeholder. holy crap, that's ugly.

what's with all the people in this thread that are referencing mk2? shut up idiots, this is like mk7. get over it.

Looks like crap.

Just like Deadly Alliance and Deception.

Fuck the people that say THIS SERIES NEEDS TO DIE. It went through some shitty games, but Deception was the best MK ever. Ever. Incredibly entertaining multiplayer game with a shitload of stuff to unlock. Most of you are basing your opinions on the old games.

The new series is good. Really.

Leave your brains in Virtua Fighter 4 and just have fun.

Top Bottom