• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity | Paris Trailer

Radec

Assassin's Creed Unity | Paris skyline trailer

assassin_s_creed_unity___wallpaper_arno_paris__2_by_zeioh-d7ouzrl.jpg

http://youtu.be/PG1XX8OMrrI

Beautiful.

Bonus : http://youtu.be/oSGGwitnna0

Flarin

I usually never care about AC, but Black Flag made me a believer and the scope of Unity has me really excited. Might be picking this one up.

sunnz

Assassin's Creed

I get excited with the locations, characters and even the storyline.

Then I remember the frustrating parkour and the boring and, tbh, kinda shit combat and lose any interest.

I was playing AC IV last night and for the first 15 minutes I was just exploring and found it fun ( besides the shitty character movement and parkour) and then I proceeded with the story and got into combat, found it so boring ( dumb AI doesn't help)

Really hope the gameplay is changed enough to feel new.

Assassin's Creed

Then I remember the frustrating parkour and the boring and, tbh, kinda shit combat and lose any interest.

I was playing AC IV last night and for the first 15 minutes I was just exploring and found it fun ( besides the shitty character movement and parkour) and then I proceeded with the story and got into combat, found it so boring ( dumb AI doesn't help)

Theres a dev video out there going over all the changes to combat, and parkour, and it REALLY seems like they are making all the right moves, one sec I'll look for it.
Edit: Here you go - Game Informer

I was fine with the parkour in the previous games despite the fact that the change in Unity is tremendous.

It was not my number one issue with the entire franchise. It was the combat.

I still remember that early AC1 presentation when Jade Raymond was the face of it.

The emphasis was always put on running away and hiding because combat should be your last resort.

That sure never happened. I could kill all the templars in sight with a simple counter button.

I am glad they finally hold true to their promise. It only took them 6 tries on the consoles.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So glad they gone back to the old style AC, AC4 was great until you realised it was AC3 pirating parts and that's it, felt like they jumped a generation back in time with what was added in AC2&3, such a let down after what AC3 did.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So glad they gone back to the old style AC, AC4 was great until you realised it was AC3 pirating parts and that's it, felt like they jumped a generation back in time with what was added in AC2&3, such a let down after what AC3 did.

What did AC3 do?

SJRB

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed

Did you even watch the trailer?

Seeing this makes me even more sad about AC3's brilliance going unnoticed by gamers. Sure France might have better architecture than New York or Boston, but the (mostly) unmolested frontier was meant to clash with the brown and gritty early cities thematically.

RedAssedApe

Banned

your post would have made more sense if you left out AC3. That was the downgrade not AC4 :p

woen

I thought MS had exclusive marketing rights? Did Ubisoft do a 180?

What?

The Playstation channels on YouTube upload every trailer / exclusive video they shot from AC, despite the commercial partnership between Ubisoft and MS

your post would have made more sense if you left out AC3. That was the downgrade not AC4 :p

What did AC3 do?
AC3 felt important for the over-arching plot (Desmond's line in the U.S., American Rev war reimagined, the meaning of freedom etc) compared to (AC4's "golden age of pirates".

AC3 also had great mission variety. As someons who has replayed the missions several times to 100% it, I can honestly say it is the most varied of all of the games in the series.

And I can go on about the main protagonist but that isn't too popular here. ("Too whiney"... the irony)

Quick

Banned
AC3 was good. I had a lot of fun with it.

Connor isn't the best, but I did still like his character. I wouldn't have minded another game to expand on him and the American side of the Assassins/Templars story.

What I did like about AC4 was the lack of the 2012/End of the world bits with Desmond. The first person bits in AC4 was questionable at first,but I ended up enjoying it.

AC3 felt important for the over-arching plot (Desmond's line in the U.S., American Rev war reimagined, the meaning of freedom etc) compared to (AC4's "golden age of pirates".

AC3 also had great mission variety. As someons who has replayed the missions several times to 100% it, I can honestly say it is the most varied of all of the games in the series.

And I can go on about the main protagonist but that isn't too popular here. ("Too whiney"... the irony)

I thought he was well written as a character. I just think his VO actor was kind of bad.

Top Bottom