• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa 1 on sale for $19.99 (US PSN)

Gazoinks

Gah, really tempting, but I've already spent kind of a lot of money on other stuff this week and have backlog... Anyone know how long the sale is?

The scenario writer said Another Episode is so good that he's afraid he'll never be able to make another game as good again. I'd say that's a huge loss if you don't play it.
If the gameplay is garbage it just almost makes it more tragic!

I will buy it however if it does get localized. I just wish they stuck with the old style.

Well, who knows. Maybe it might surprise me.

Now that my order for Danganronpa 2 LE should be coming soon, $20 is the perfect price to get the first installment. I just wish it was a physical copy. Oh well.

Uh, do what I'm doing right now and switch to your US account (or create one if you haven't already)?
I don't get you people, sure switching accounts is a pain but surely deals like this make it worth it? I mean, you do seem pretty pissed about the game's EU price.

I need to buy another memory card in order to do that, don't I? And those things are even more overpriced than Danganronpa is.

Plus of course, there's all that cumbersome business formatting the Vita every time you want to switch. Nah, I can't be doing with that.

Zareka

You people jumping on this sale:

Don´t expect it to be like Ace Attorney in a different coat of paint. Danganronpa has it´s own identy and the trial-mechanics are....quite a bit less elegant than AA´s .

I couldn´t get into it at first because I was constantly comparing it to AA....but it clicked the second time, when I gave the game a chance to breathe.

It is great and well worth 20$.

Huh. Maybe my distaste for the first game came from the fact it was just after 999 and I was a good chunk of the way through VLR and I kept comparing the two. Maybe if I go in to the second without comparing it to anything I'll actually enjoy it.

Damn whoever wrote "it's like Zero Escape x Persona x Ace Attorney!". I went in to that game expecting Persona levels of characters and got NOTHING of the sort.

Any idea how long the sale will last for? I need to not have any distractions for the next week.

EDIT: Gah, I see Monday above. Fine, I'll download it tonight and just hide my Vita or something.

Kunan

I almost bought it last night then figured it must go on sale for PSN for the launch of 2. Now I've got no excuses!

slash3584

I need to buy another memory card in order to do that, don't I? And those things are even more overpriced than Danganronpa is.

Plus of course, there's all that cumbersome business formatting the Vita every time you want to switch. Nah, I can't be doing with that.

You can use one memory card and make a backup of your account on a PC, and then format it and restore the Vita and create an US account on it.

And when you want to use your old account back you just restore the vita to factory default settings and restore the backup.

I'm pretty sure there's a guide somewhere but I'm not home and can't find it .

Unless you're one of those people that need to have every game they own on the memory card, a 16gb card will do just fine.
My Vita already came with a 16gb mc so I only had to buy one more, totally worth it not only for the deals but also the NTSC versions of PS1 games.

Edit: Or what he said^

The scenario writer said Another Episode is so good that he's afraid he'll never be able to make another game as good again. I'd say that's a huge loss if you don't play it.

The game itself or the writing, because if it's the latter, then holy shit! Still not done with DR2 yet, but I have no clue how a DR3 could top it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The game itself or the writing, because if it's the latter, then holy shit! Still not done with DR2 yet, but I have no clue how a DR3 could top it.
I'd assume both since the story is the game's selling point and he wrote the scenarios for DR1 and 2 as well. He's pretty much implying it's his best game yet.

Hmm tempting tho I don't think I'll have time to play this yet, will wait for a black friday sale (maybe get the physical copy)

Wonder why it isn't on the list of sales in the blog update, does this happen often? I usually only check the blog to see what is going on for the week, I don't want to end up missing out on good deals like this

Actually saw that earlier today but it's still way more expensive than the current PSN sale wich converts to £12.
I'd rather lose 5 minutes of my time.

Well it's only 6 pound more. And if the game doesn't turn out to my liking and I don't want to keep it, I can always sell it for a profit over at Amazon, which is something I wouldn't be able to do with a digital copy.

PranooY

Can I play this with Japanese VA/VO?
Should I wait for EU sale (Which may happen later-since Danganronpa 2 releases later in EU)?

Moonlight

Banned
Twenty dollars is a fucking STEAL for Danganronpa. Anyone remotely interested in dark murder mysteries and mind-bending plots needs to get in on this game.

Top Bottom