• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa 1 on sale for $19.99 (US PSN)

J3ffro

Nearly done with VLR, had been holding off pulling the trigger until there was some sort of deal - thank you very much for the heads up.

AniHawk

Is there actual free exploration or is it scripted? I see videos online of first person view examining of rooms but is there actuall movement around the school.

you control the direction of where to go and what to interact with yourself during those segments. during 'free time' you can choose who to talk to in order to build social links with them by hanging out with them and giving them gifts.

This is a game I'd jump on for $20, but I like to own these niche titles in physical form if possible. Is the physical getting a discount since part 2 releases tomorrow? Anyone know of a 20-30$ physical option? I still see it full price at the usual spots.

J-Man

I've been on the fence... but decided to buy it. I'm going to be going on a trip later this month so it'll be my plane/hotel game.

On a side note, does it seem like it will work on PS TV or is there a lot of touch screen stuff?

I've been on the fence... but decided to buy it. I'm going to be going on a trip later this month so it'll be my plane/hotel game.

On a side note, does it seem like it will work on PS TV or is there a lot of touch screen stuff?

It's a port of a PSP game and the Japanese version works on Vita TV, so it should work.

I couldnt even make it past the first chapter. It's just not for me. Music is good though.
I'd suggest at least getting to the end of the first trial, that's when things really start to ramp up. The feeling from seeing the first punishment is something I won't forget for a long time.

lantus

OK so I know absolutely nothing about this game other than what the PSN store description says. It's basically kinda like Ace Attorney though right? I love Ace Attorney.

OK so I know absolutely nothing about this game other than what the PSN store description says. It's basically kinda like Ace Attorney though right? I love Ace Attorney.
Ace Attorney + Battle Royal + Social Links from Persona 4 x Despair = DanganRonpa

Don't google/youtube/tumblr anything about the series, or you will be spoiled, guaranteed. Read the non-spoiler topics on GAF if you want more info.

lantus

Ace Attorney + Battle Royal + Social Links from Persona 4 x Despair = DanganRonpa

Don't google/youtube/tumblr anything about the series, or you will be spoiled, guaranteed. Read the non-spoiler topics on GAF if you want more info.

Hmmm that definitely sounds like a killer combo. Going to have to jump in then!

So this apparently is compatible with Vita TV. I prefer playing things on the big screen, but I'm guessing on Vita it didn't have many touch puzzles like VLR? or is this more a straight up Visual Novel/Sim type game?

Yeah you are usually safe until about 12PM EST Tuesday for sales. Anytime after that is a serious risk as Grace Chen update time is a mysterious time.

Hey, that's my old avatar. Elsie is awesome :D

So this apparently is compatible with Vita TV. I prefer playing things on the big screen, but I'm guessing on Vita it didn't have many touch puzzles like VLR? or is this more a straight up Visual Novel/Sim type game?

It's a port of a PSP game, so nothing requires touch. There was some nifty touch-stuff added for the Vita version, but it's nothing mindblowing. I think most people prefer just normal controls.

So I bought this cause of all of the recommendations despite my better judgement to just wait for it to hit Plus

This game is pretty good! Really does feel like 999 x Phoenix Wright.

Only thing I really dislike is how slow the intro felt, but that first murder and trial sure was exciting. Hope the game keeps up the pace.

Also, fuck Byakuya.

Top Bottom