• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa 1 on sale for $19.99 (US PSN)

Tizoc

kUHaN5s.jpg

Webstore link, on sale for $19.99, game is 1.3 GB

While a Plus discount is not likely, best wait for the store to officially update first.
A GAF member voices one of the characters, so do give the Eng. dub a chance!

Come, oh innocent children, Monokuma awaits you!
tumblr_muyj6biuXL1rked0so1_400.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
$19.99 by the way. Perfect time for people to jump in.

And for the love of God, don't look at the avatars on sale.

Chesskid1

Banned
i'm interested in it because of the ace attorney comparisions, but i've been burned by so many j-niche games i've bought because of gaf hype and ended up disliking.

is there a really good comprehensive review for me to read?

JeTmAn81

I've been waiting for this, but...$20 seems a little steep. I'm broke right now and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is around the corner.

Tizoc

i'm interested in it because of the ace attorney comparisions, but i've been burned by so many j-niche games i've bought because of gaf hype and ended up disliking.

is there a really good comprehensive review for me to read?

Are all our suggestions to buy the game not enough reviews for you :p
It has a kickass soundtrack if it helps~

Zareka

why do i see that monobear gif in every single danganronpa thread

Anyway yeah for anyone who hasn't played it but is interested in visual novels go grab it at that price. I don't have the nicest things to say about it but it was still enjoyable and most people seem to like it so go nuts. It's not a bad purchase.

But you have to promise to play 999 and Virtue's Last Reward afterwards.

i kind of really want this

i was just thinking about it...

is it comparable to 999 at all?
No branching paths like 999, but the mystery element and premise is very similar. PLUS, action-based Phoenix Wright-esque trials to suss out murderers. Also a much more "anime" aesthetic overall.

If you like either of those two games though, you'll enjoy the hell out of this.

130226monokuma-3_200.jpg

"So strange..."

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

Nibel

Man, so much praise for this title - and from what I've read it deserves it.

Here's hoping that a EU sale with Danganronpa will happen in the near future; it's getting cold outside which is perfect for playing great, tense handheld games in bed.

redhood56

Banned
If you haven't already bought it, this is a great time. It is a pretty long game, and I think I put in 20 or so hours into it.

bobawesome

Probably not the best opening picture if you want newcomers to buy it.

Forget it, it's your loss if you're swayed by that sort of thing in the first place. The game is amazing and Monokuma is perfect.

Top Bottom