• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Playstation Exclusive Content Detailed (Trailer)

bombshell

Just posted on Playstation's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pQKrWj5sA

----

PS Blog post:

With Bungie’s epic shooter Destiny hitting PS4 and PS3 with a mountain of PlayStation-exclusive maps, guns, and gear, we’ve compiled an in-depth video that outlines exactly what you’ll get come September 9th. Watch the official trailer above — it’s quite the production!

Click here for a closer look at the full suite of PlayStation-exclusive Destiny content. And stay tuned through the next week — we’ve got more Destiny coverage as we get ready for September 9th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...cases-playstation-exclusive-maps-guns-gear-2/

MoeB

A trailer for exclusive content? Meh. What a waste of effort.

.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol "mountain of PlayStation-exclusive maps, guns, and gear"

Okay.gif

Getting this exclusive content in the first place was a waste of effort AND money.

lol no

Watch Dogs caused an increase in PS4 sales similar to Titanfall.....just let that sink in. I'm sure it sold a lot of systems as well considering how the majority of sales were on PS4.

Thats Watch Dogs. Destiny is even bigger.

September NPD's are going to be interesting

Reminds me of when people thought Sony was wasting their time by continuing pushing Watch_Dogs at shows and stuff. Then it ended up selling around 50% of its units on the PS4.

Hey, I'm not chastising Sony for making these business deals. I understand why they make it, and if I'm in that business chair, I'd make that decision too.

But as enthusiast level consumers who don't need to be 'marketed' on, these deals really are just a waste of money. ( to me)

Sony hit it big with the Destiny deal. Those TV ads are doing something right, my friend had no intention of buying a next gen console this year but he preordered the White PS4 Destiny bundle.

icespide

Banned
lol no

Watch Dogs caused an increase in PS4 sales similar to Titanfall.....just let that sink in. I'm sure it sold a lot of systems as well considering how the majority of sales were on PS4.

Thats Watch Dogs. Destiny is even bigger.

September NPD's are going to be interesting

I attribute that more to it being marketed as a PS4 game, not the actual exclusive content

I am more curious to see if the PS4 version has any substantial technical advantages.

Will it have superior resolution or framerate? Better graphical fidelity. We should know this soon.

Fedele

Man, that white PS4, it's gorgeous... Silly but serious question: does the white plastic still turn yellowish with time/weather, ala SNES?

hypotc

I am more curious to see if the PS4 version has any substantial technical advantages.

Will it have superior resolution or framerate? Better graphical fidelity. We should know this soon.

Same here, will be interesting seeing comparisons once the game is released.

I attribute that more to it being marketed as a PS4 game, not the actual exclusive content

Oh right, yeah I agree with that but I guess Sony probably does this to make it seem like Destiny is best played on PS4 due to the exclusive content.

MS did this with COD maps but I feel they could have done a lot better with that deal if the exclusive period was bigger which is what has happened with the Destiny deal.

cilonen

Well fuck. Spoilerd by an announcement. I hadn't heard about
The Cabal

I've gone dark on the game since Beta ended :-/

Krakn3Dfx

Destiny will probably end up moving more PS4s than Titanfall did XB1s, and it's multi platform.

This is the first game I've bought the CE (Ghost) version of since Fallout 3.

September is going to be crazy.

Got mine pre-ordered with Tesco. Got it for £20 using double clubcard points. Apparently they've thrown in a headset/headphones too for free. Nice.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I hope everyone calls Sony and Bungie out for this right? Exclusive content is still bad right? Guys? Guys? Hello?

People already did when the exclusive content was announced.

Btw, I noticed level 18 cabal in that Strike in the video. That's good. Should give some replayability

Actually surprised. I expected a couple weapons skins at best, not extra maps.

Now for a question, does anyone actually know how the money Sony pay for this stuff is spent? Do they pay them to make content that otherwise would just not be made or do they pay to lock ready made assets out of the other system?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I hope everyone calls Sony and Bungie out for this right? Exclusive content is still bad right? Guys? Guys? Hello?
It already occurred after the first announcement.

This sort of agenda-driven posting, however? How do you think that's going to work out for you?

zkorejo

Now that,... That trailer hyped me up. The reason was the weapons and armors.Hunter armor looks really cool.

I did not know the gear would be rare and exotics. I AM EXCITE. Can non-PS players grind for the same loot or will they be locked until exclusivity ends?

Now for a question, does anyone actually know how the money Sony pay for this stuff is spent?

No idea.

Do they pay them to make content that otherwise would just not be made or do they pay to lock ready made assets out of the other system?

No idea. We know that stuff like Diablo 3's exclusive content are made because Sony paid for them (because all the exclusive content are Sony IP content, which will never be on Xbox no matter what anyway), but Watch_Dogs and Destiny?

My stance is guilty(lock out) until proven innocent.

Top Bottom