• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV now out on Steam and the Humble Store - 14.5€/$16

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750/
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/finalfantasy4_storefront

FINAL FANTASY IV makes its debut on PC!

As the first game in the series to feature the innovative Active Time Battle system, FINAL FANTASY IV stands as an iconic milestone in FINAL FANTASY history. Lose yourself in this timeless tale of heroes, betrayal, love and redemption—now optimized for PC!
Key Features:

Fully voiced, dramatic cut-scenes
Deep, emotionally charged character development
All-new system for charting dungeons and uncovering the secrets within
Inspiring score accessible at anytime from the built-in Jukebox

Ibuki

Banned
So it's the same as the DS version? I already have that, still want to buy the Steam version though.

squall211

It's amazing to me that for as many times as this game has been updated/ported, there still is not one definitive version of it. You can make arguments for two or three different versions of FF IV as being "the best".

Sophia

That was WiiWare/PSP only IIRC.

There's a 3D Remake of The After Years on iOS/Android, but it doesn't appear to be included in this.

I haven't had much experience with the 3D Remake of FFIV. Maybe I'll pick this up once money comes in.

Oh sweet, I played FF7 for the first time when it released on Steam, and the same goes for FF8 and 3, will definitely be picking this up since I've never even SEEN gameplay of it before.

Hope it's good :)

kulapik

Hope they get VI out too. Watched a few gameplays of the iOS/Android version and the graphics might be good, but the UI is horrible.

Gothos

Which version is this?
Final-Fantasy-IV-Screenshot.png

2D>3D. Wish we got this version :(

Seanspeed

Banned
The DS version? Eh. It's a bit funny that the trailer on the Humble Store neglects to show how the game actually looks.
Reminds me of the days where you pretty much never knew what a game actually looked like by its trailers and promotional material. You had to either see it in-person or find images in a gaming mag.

Which version is this?
Final-Fantasy-IV-Screenshot.png

2D>3D. Wish we got this version :(
PSP version. I wish it was that one, too.

Thanks no, sorry to say. Already have this game in 4 distinctly different flavors, all of which are portable so...

Good pickup for anyone that hasn't, however. I recommend it any way you can get it if you haven't played it yet.

Marcel

I should probably put my PSP on the charger so I can actually play FFIV again. It's been a while. Curtain Call is giving me the classic FF itch.

Should I play this or the SNES/GBA version?

PSP version is best version. DS/this steam version will, however, be a close second. It's by NO means a bad version of the game as long as they ported it well... but the full 2D remake on PSP has the most content, has the best graphical style, etc.

You really can't lose no matter what version you choose to play though. FF4 is the penultimate JRPG (second only to FF6) experience.

ampere

Looks like the DS version with better resolution.

Cool that the game is more widely available, I would love to be able to buy any Final Fantasy game on PC.

Aeana

PSP version is best version. DS/this steam version will, however, be a close second. It's by NO means a bad version of the game as long as they ported it well... but the full 2D remake on PSP has the most content, has the best graphical style, etc.

You really can't lose no matter what version you choose to play though. FF4 is the penultimate JRPG (second only to FF6) experience.
The PSP version is also the easiest version available by far. The majority of the game can be completed with auto battle turned on (I know, I did it as an experiment).

Top Bottom