• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV now out on Steam and the Humble Store - 14.5€/$16

It'll be nice to have the best version of FF4 available at a higher resolution with decent controls.

Mods have spoken pack it up folks.

For realskies though FF 5 and 6 3DS need to happen so we can get those on the PC port train stat. Top it all off with a straight 9 port and I'll have all the FF's I want in glorious high res PC magnificence.

jb1234

I love the DS FFIV, as it actually provides a challenge. Just need to wait until I have more money to pick this up...

Wow, it really did come out for the PC today.

I'll buy it right away. This is my favourite Final Fantasy game and I've always wanted it on the PC!
Yay! This is so great!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh cool hey, let's check out how much this is!

UV1EZdu.jpg

D-damn! But at least it's on Humble too. I'm going to check there instead!

ii68Sz9.jpg

Thanks for nothing Square Enix!

I wonder whether they'll ever sell it here duckroll...We still don't have FFIII.
And Konami's Revengence and Castlevania Lord of Shadows.
Not sure what's with Japanese companies and their arbitrary region locking practices for Steam.

Unavailable in Japan. Fuckers.

Soodanim

It was cool seeing the characters in full 3D in the CGI trailer, but I didn't enjoy 4 (PSP) enough to play it again. Stupid shit like 48 item unified inventory had me spending too much time messing about selling and dropping items.

I am surprised people dislike PSP 4's sprites - I liked them and thought the game looked really good.

It was cool seeing the characters in full 3D in the CGI trailer, but I didn't enjoy 4 (PSP) enough to play it again. Stupid shit like 48 item unified inventory had me spending too much time messing about selling and dropping items.

I am surprised people dislike PSP 4's sprites - I liked them and thought the game looked really good.
The DS version was WILDLY different from the original game (which the PSP version is based off of). I can't comment specifically on how items are handled in comparison, but it's almost an entirely new game with the same characters, etc. I would definitely give it a chance at some point if you like old-school JRPGs, they really fixed most of IV's weak spots in the remake version.

And the reason I dislike the PSP sprites is that it's high-resolution art trying to emulate low-resolution pixel work and it never looks good, it looks awkward and unsettling.

Honey Bunny

For those on the fence about this game:

The soundtrack is one of the absolute best RPG soundtracks ever made. it's varied, emotional, memorable, catchy and absolutely triumphant. It stands tall with some of the absolute best tracks of the series, some fucking INSPIRING battle music and even though the story is simple with little chibi characters awkwardly emoting all over the place, the music WILL tug at your heart strings and get you involved in the story.

If you are a lover of good classic videogame soundtracks then you owe it to yourself to play this game.

..or listen to the soundtrack

Finally found something to spend my GMG credit on, looking forward to replaying this although it's a shame the After Years content isn't there. DS version was actually hard instead of a cake walk like the PSP release though and the thought bubbles were a neat addition.

Does SGSSAA not need bits like III?

For realskies though FF 5 and 6 3DS need to happen so we can get those on the PC port train stat. Top it all off with a straight 9 port and I'll have all the FF's I want in glorious high res PC magnificence.

FF5 and FF6 have already received IOS/Android ports, those are likely to happen in the not to distant future (whether you like the artstyle or not however...) FF9 won't be getting a port anytime soon for the same reason why we didn't get a modern port of FF7 and 8... The source material is all gone. FF9 never got an initial PC port to be frankensteined into near living like it's older brothers and I'm sure there are legal reasons why they can't just emulate the PS1 releases.

Hmm you seem to be forgetting about ffv which is almost as good as vi and better than iv

Nope, didn't forget it. FFV's story (IMO) is a mix of hot and cold garbage and I didn't find the job system particularly rewarding from my full playthrough or any of my subsequent 2-3 partial playthroughs.

Are 15 fps battles legacy from the DS?

*prays for Final Fantasy Humble Bundle*
I can see as part of those awful daily bundles experiment a while back:
PWYW: Lightning wallpaper collection
$10: FFVIII+III
$25 FFVII+IV
Maybe throw in after years as beat the average or something...

PigzFly

A few screenshots from early on. Really like the crisp low poly look.

Despite the resolution settings being 1920x1080, it still adds bars on the side. Not sure why that's happening.

Corpekata

Banned
On the game's forums there's people finding stuff on the steamDB that shows that they're working on patching the battle FPS, so hopefully it's not too far off.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
So Rydia + Stardust Rod + Item Lore + Limit Break =

CA6DA871C47D392EE42915B47F9D2F69B5A0A785

FE5E63449426CB0C380DC205B3B349689AD9DB97

Hacked one on my second play thru. God dam! All in one turn

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Proto Babil is insane, now that you are limited to one limit break per game. Had him halfway to death, when he did divine judgement 3 times in a row.

Top Bottom