• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 | Tools of The Trade

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8m7q9kMhQ
With a growing number of weapons manufacturers around the world and Nikola Tesla as their chief scientist, the Knights of the Order have a vast array of armament at their disposal. The inclusion of Tesla into the game allowed us to ground many of the technological advancement we wanted to add to our history in reality. We used weapons based on existing technology in the Victorian era but also created others that stretched the realm of what was possible at the time.
Because our Industrial Revolution is a result of the war between humans and half-breeds, many of the inventions of our timeline are primarily focused on ways to aid in this fight. Guns such as the Carbine, the Coach Gun or the Maschinenpistole are common occurrence in the game and represent the technology of the era. Others based on electricity – such as the Arc Gun – or based on alternate ammunition – such as the Aluminum Iron Oxide of the Thermite Rifle – provide a way for us to use real technologies and materials of the times, while building weapons that did not exist.
Whether real or invented, we always made sure that every weapon we designed followed specific guidelines regarding their assembly, their material use and their craftsmanship. They needed to feel grounded in the real world of the late 1800s. The end goal behind fusing all these weapons into the game was to provide diversity in combat and a fun-factor for the player by showcasing their advantages in different combat scenarios.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20140919_31917666

SSReborn

Hey Loudninja I think your youtube link got copied with the timestamp being at the end of the video so its starts at the end. Just a heads up.

Famassu

*make trailer that is supposed to showcase the tools available in the game* -> only showcase two weapons properly and talk about a third

The marketing of this game -_- If you're not prepared to show the weapons in this game yet, then don't fucking make a tease of a trailer like this. :|

Theman2k

Too bad there's no new footage, I guess it's just to remind you the game exists.
They need to hold on the good stuff to the release.. and it's still pretty far.

So much care put into the design, and, obviously, the presentation. I thought the initial reveal looked incredibly goofy, but it has grown on me.

Now fix that gameplay, please.

hohoXD123

"The end goal behind fusing all these weapons into the game was to provide diversity in combat and a fun-factor for the player by showcasing their advantages in different combat scenarios."

But from reading many of the posts here I thought RAD didn't care about gameplay?

Korten

Banned
Grimløck;130725764 said:
what's wrong with the gameplay?

giphy.gif

Maybe this is a little bit pre-emptive, but I feel this thread will go the same way that many Order 1886 (or Sony exclusives in general) go down...

You got the people who hate how the game is being filmic, then you got the ones who are angry that the game isn't somehow "advancing" the third person genre, and so on...

Grimløck;130725764 said:
what's wrong with the gameplay?

A lot has already been said about it in various threads, and I think you're perfectly aware of it. If you don't agree that what we've seen of the gameplay looks lacking, that's fine, but let's not go there again.

HORRORSHØW

A lot has already been said about it in various threads, and I think you're perfectly aware of it. If you don't agree that what we've seen of the gameplay looks lacking, that's fine, but let's not go there again.

go where? you brought it up in general terms. i want an actual explanation. and don't point me to past threads. if you can't elaborate, then refrain from mentioning anything. but if you can, please do and we can have a verbal repartee as to what and what doesn't constitute gameplay.

ICPEE

giphy.gif

Maybe this is a little bit pre-emptive, but I feel this thread will go the same way that many Order 1886 (or Sony exclusives in general) go down...

You got the people who hate how the game is being filmic, then you got the ones who are angry that the game isn't somehow "advancing" the third person genre, and so on...
Ooh boy, let me get strapped in. Thisgonbgud.gif
EDIT: Yeah, completely agree with you. Concern posts incoming.

hohoXD123

Eh? You commended them after reading an article on how they're trying to improve gameplay then told them to fix it and refused to expand on that, so why not go there?

kyser73

I'm pretty sure the clip of Galahad melting the boiler at 2:24 with the thermite, and the metal deforming in the heat was new.

Grimløck;130727060 said:
go where? you brought it up in general terms. i want an actual explanation. and don't point me to past threads. if you can't elaborate, then refrain from mentioning anything. but if you can, please do and we can have a verbal repartee as to what and what doesn't constitute gameplay.

Well, if you don't know where The Order threads in which its gameplay is discussed usually go, I'm certainly not going to be the first one to tell you. Funnily enough, other people in this thread seem to have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

And I'm not going to take this thread in that direction, despite of your confrontational insistence. I apologize for mentioning The Order's gameplay at all, please ignore it, I have no idea what I was talking about.

fedexpeon

Banned
In before the derailing gameplay posts!

But man, those movements are so smooth.
I can't tell anymore if it is CGI or ingame when they move/take cover.
Brilliant! Glad I paid off my CE from Best Buy...can't wait.

HORRORSHØW

Well, if you don't know where The Order threads in which its gameplay is discussed usually go, I'm certainly not going to be the first one to tell you. Funnily enough, other people in this thread seem to have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

And I'm not going to take this thread in that direction, despite of your confrontational insistence. I apologize for mentioning The Order's gameplay at all, please ignore it, I have no idea what I was talking about.
why are you being so defensive? relax. you mentioned that you didn't like the gameplay. i wanted to know what you specifically don't like about it. it'll help your argument if you specify rather than referring to generalities. don't act persecuted. it's just video games. and it's your right to not like something. again, i just wanted to know what you don't like about it. but if you feel like deferring for the sake of not shitting up this thread, that's fine, too.

PJV3

In before the derailing gameplay posts!

But man, those movements are so smooth.
I can't tell anymore if it is CGI or ingame when they move/take cover.
Brilliant! Glad I paid off my CE from Best Buy...can't wait.

Lol.

Driveclub- don't talk about the roads.
The Order- don't talk about the game.

ICPEE

The gameplay talk of this game has been done to death in other The Order threads, which often ends up down the toilet so discussing it here again will just serve to take us down the same beaten path.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I feel ill struggle to keep my wallet closed on this one.

It seems they've beefed up the gunplay which was my number 1 concern. Starting to excite!

Goddammit RAD, stop using the same bits of footage from all the previous trailers you've done before. This doesn't help your game's image at all.

coldone

I have a feeling this video is made to explain the demo and the difficulty folks are having. Just shooting flares wont kill enemies. Thermites can be ignited using flares..

I can see how it is not possible for folks in the demo floor to take it all in quickly.

PJV3

edited, probably for the best

I'm not going there :p

I'm happy with the order so far, I'm not after anything groundbreaking as I just want to run around a weird London shooting weird wolves. That was the hook from the beginning, if it turns out to be terrible then I will just try to forget it.

Kosma

Banned
My expectatinos are low/medium, but I also enjoyed Binary Domain so I'm sure this will be at least as good.

Top Bottom