• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB up for preorder on EU PSN (PS+ upgrade stealth pricedrop)

f@luS

More than a member.
Nice price. If If didnt have the offer in france to preorder drive club + gta at 120euros with 60e of cashback i would have dip there

playXray

Wasn't going to initially but just did an impulse pre-order - all the recent screens and footage look amazing, and for £35 I'm sold.

I'm gonna drop my special edition pre-order then. The difference nearly pays the Season pass...

Is preload available for Driveclub?

Day one for this, but no way in hell am I pre-ordering from the PS Store again.

I don't even care if the price goes back to £42.99. SCEE can't be trusted when it comes to digital pre-orders.

Carl

£35 is pretty good. £14 cheaper than amazon.

Not preordering though. Racers aren't really my kinda thing but i am a bit interested in this. Nonetheless i'll try the PS+ version before paying for it.

kriskrosbbk

I'm gonna drop my special edition pre-order then. The difference nearly pays the Season pass...

Is preload available for Driveclub?

In the description is written: "To use this dload you will need a PS+ membership and Driveclub PS+ Edition,which can be downloaded NOW ".My auto download had been set in 15 days though.EU PSN.

Wouldn't have expected them to drop the price. Now there is really no good reason for me to not get the digital version.
Atleast one time, where I don't feel completly ripped off buying something from the German PSN store.

bombshell

In the description is written: "To use this dload you will need a PS+ membership and Driveclub PS+ Edition,which can be downloaded NOW ".My auto download had been set in 15 days though.EU PSN.

That's just the countdown for when it's playable (it's 13 days for me, stealth mainland EU brag :p).

I don't think we can see when it will start to pre-load.

Daffy Duck

So I can't buy the digital full version because I have PS+?

What?

Don't you get locked out too from the game if you upgrade if your PS+ expires?

Trace

Banned

What?

No you don't get locked out. There was a big outcry about that before and I'm pretty sure they changed it.

bombshell

What?

No, they changed that policy after the backlash. There's no ties to your PS+ subscription when buying the upgrade.

Withnail

I bought it and it appears they just give you the full version of the game, there's no PS+ version and upgrade. It works out to the same thing anyway.

Which means you cannot take advantage of the ps plus price without ps plus, which is pretty obvious.

Withnail

Ok, but I still can't buy the full digital release because I have PS+, what's all that about? Just a quirk?

This is what you get if you preorder the so-called "PS+ edition full game upgrade"

isRvYDT.png

Looks like the full digital release to me.

Theecliff

Banned
Copying viveks post from the other thread:
Yup. And I got a tweet for this PSN top up which technically lowers it even further

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards/playstation-network-card-35-ps-vita-ps3?

Apparently with the top up, you can now buy it £28.93

I have no way to verify this. So please correct me if I understood it wrong.
Basically UK peeps can get a £35 PSN card for £30.45 or £28.93 if you 'like' their fb page. If you're using this to buy the Driveclub upgrade you're basically getting the game for £30.45/£28.93, which is pretty damned good considering the prices of some current gen games here.

Link doesn't give me a 'buy' button on ipad. Do you have to buy through a PS4 only?
Wait on the page for a bit, the button should show up eventually.

Top Bottom