• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now you can buy a 1/1 scale Pikachu for $155

Forkball

Only a true Pokemon master would own this.

screen-shot-2014-09-26-at-10-57-01-am.png

There is no one – we repeat, no one – who has called themselves a Pokemon fan and hasn’t wished they could have their own Pikachu; his cute quotient is just too high. Well, Pocket Monster devotees, you’re in luck, because this 1/1 scale Pikachu plush is the closest you’re ever going to come to actually catching the franchise’s most popular character. BEAMS, the creators of almost-real-life-Pikachu, have even made him true-to-weight. Coming in at a hefty 6 kg (13 lbs), this cuddly Pikachu weighs more than the average cat!

If you already didn’t know, Pikachu is 40 centimeters (15.7 inches) tall, and that’s exactly the height of his squishy, plushie version.

BEAMS, the Japanese clothing company behind this 1/1 recreation, even produced a carrying bag so you can tote your Pocket Monster around in style:

If you’re thinking that this Pikachu is a bit pudgy, you’re absolutely right. BEAMS used the original 1996 version of Pikachu as their inspiration, giving him a chubby, rotund body and short arms and legs.

You can buy life-sized Pikachu on the BEAMS website starting October 20. Unfortunately, science/nature has yet to bring us an actual electric rodent (and no, a mouse that got stuck in a light socket doesn’t count), so you’ll have to dish out 17,000 yen (US$155) for the closest thing to a real Pikachu modern technology can provide.

The exact height and weight as a Pikachu in the games. More images.

234823_2.jpg

234823_3.jpg

234823_8.jpg

Order it here.

While it was fat, the original Pikachu could at least stand and walk around. This one looks like its trainer was a feeder.

Still cute though <3

Squishy3

I had that old big Pikachu pillow back in the day. That thing was the bomb.

150$ for a plush doll of 40 cm? That is insanity. Should max be 40$, maybe 50$ with the license.
This is appealing to the type of people who are paying close to $300 on ebay for the Hyrule Warriors collector's editions that retailed for $70.

Soule

My sister bought a nice pikachu plushie when we visited Japan. On the way back on the train she realized it had an opening to use it like a hand puppet, I've always found that hilarious cause it looks like pikachu has this massive gaping butthole so I kept fisting it, she didn't like it as much when she noticed the hole.

lupinko

So you're telling me my Pokemon Center Pikachu isn't as good?

r3ZSqxh.jpg

Or Pikachu Pokemon Spooky Party?

Fc8sBzr.jpg

Or Pikachu Pokemon Oops?

6BjOjjBl.jpg

Well, Pocket Monster devotees, you’re in luck, because this 1/1 scale Pikachu plush is the closest you’re ever going to come to actually catching the franchise’s most popular character.

Shows what you know Michelle. Science will get us there one day, maybe decades from now but I will have my living breathing pickachu.

The pokeball testing is going to be uncomfortable though

I own 2 life size pikachus not much different from this one. One was a rather expensive import and the other I bought at a Suncoast Video for $20.

Krakn3Dfx

My sister bought a nice pikachu plushie when we visited Japan. On the way back on the train she realized it had an opening to use it like a hand puppet, I've always found that hilarious cause it looks like pikachu has this massive gaping butthole so I kept fisting it, she didn't like it as much when she noticed the hole.

3oxPPFI.jpg

Top Bottom