• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatred - Reveal & Gameplay Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows this game any different than PayDay 2 or GTA?

I know, if only SOMEONE would address how it's different than GTA. I can't believe this thread is 30+ pages and no one else has brought this up!

All the screams for censorship and banning of this game will only lead to increased audience for it and better sales.

The ratio of people saying "this game looks fucking dumb/unnecessary/juvenile/etc." to "we must ban this!" is like 50:1 though. It's fine to harshly judge something this stupid.

Melchiah

Oh, I was not speaking of the creative process itself, more the output of the product. But the effect that a product has on the consumer should still be taken into account, and I believe that does separate the two.

I don't personally see a big difference between Manhunt and Hostel, and I must say I'm not a fan of either. I don't think it's more ethically problematic to watch an actor being tortured, than to torture an imaginary pixel character. It might be repulsive, but it's still just an entertainment.

GoG comments on the game

"Currently we are not in touch with developers of Hatred," a representative for GOG told GameSpot. "You know about our 'boutique approach' so in any case, before deciding on a release, we would review the game and give our feedback to the devs."

Destructive Creations would like to launch Hatred on Steam and GOG, but the studio isn't sure either company will allow it.

"We really wish to release [a] digital version through Steam and GOG, but actually we have no idea if they will let us to do this, because of all the sh**storm the game is delivering," Destructive Creations' Jarosław Zieliński told GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gog-responds-to-controversial-ultraviolent-killing/1100-6423023/

It'll be interesting to see what GoG and Steam do when the game is submitted since they allow both Postal games (Steam has all three) on their services.

I know, if only SOMEONE would address how it's different than GTA. I can't believe this thread is 30+ pages and no one else has brought this up!

The ratio of people saying "this game looks fucking dumb/unnecessary/juvenile/etc." to "we must ban this!" is like 50:1 though. It's fine to harshly judge something this stupid.

Will still get the same result when journalist write about it, when people try to show connections to nazis, this thread like you said going to 30 pages...

Hows this game any different than PayDay 2 or GTA? People are being really weird with their subjectivity or level of sensitivity. Game looked pretty dope to me. Rack up points until the cops stop you. It's nothing new and not the least bit shocking.

Uh....hint. The ENTIRE point of one of the games is to murder innocent people in the most realistic scenario possible. Nothing else......just kill.....for fun. Granted people have the option to do this in GTA and Payday 2 but an entire game to act out a Virginia Tech, or a Sandy Hook? Just for shits and giggles? Nah....I'll pass. Gaming community gets a bad enough rap as is.

Uh....hint. The ENTIRE point of one of the games is to murder innocent people in the most realistic scenario possible. Nothing else......just kill.....for fun. Granted people have the option to do this in GTA and Payday 2 but an entire game to act out a Virginia Tech, or a Sandy Hook? Just for shits and giggles? Nah....I'll pass. Gaming community gets a bad enough rap as is.

Where have they stated this is going to be as realistic as possible? It's a twin-stick shooter where you destroy what equates to a couple blocks alone whilst fighting through police resistance.

Coolade

The idea that people are only ok with violence if it comes packaged with some sort of justification is a little odd to me. "GTA V has a great story, and the characters have purpose, character development and other motivations." So? Why is that necessary? Your wanton rampages of violence in videogames needs to have "taste" in order for you to accept or enjoy it? If anything that's even more scary to me. If you're incapable of separating real life violence with mindless meaningless entertainment on the most basic of levels, then I don't know how you play or watch anything with violence in it. At the end of the day you shouldn't need arbitrary moral justifications to accept a violent premise for a videogame. It's not that serious.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
NeoGAF supports people playing games that they want to. That said, the forum is not duty-bound to be a platform for titles of a toxic nature. Enforcing standards on repulsive products such as BattleRaper, RapeLay, Criminal Girls and others is part and parcel of how we work, and Hatred will also receive no oxygen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom