• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's target: Resident Evil Revelations 2 (1m), Monster Hunter 4U (3.9m)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Capcom's worldwide target for MH4U (including digital dl version) is 3.9million (they shipped 2 million in Japan in the middle of Oct, which means 1.9 million to go)

They are also aiming to have Revelations 2 be a million seller

tUXUK2C.png

source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/pdf/explanation/2015/2nd/explanation_2015_2nd_01.pdf

LuuKyK

Those are very reasonable expectations for Resident Evil. I am surprised.

Its going to be episodic right? They will count each episode as a copy sold?

Capcom having grounded expectations? Square Enix actually showing us awesome stuff regarding FFXV?

Could this be a new age of enlightenment we've entered?

Regarding Capcom, I'm actually glad they are doing this. Totally awesome of them!

Illucio

Banned
They're going to meet Monster Hunter's expectations mostly because of Europe, but that's not to say that the US won't take a huge dent in it as well.

But only 1 million for Resident Evil...? I'm surprised, I'd at least expect 2 million. Especially because the game will be on multiple platforms.

Well the first Revelaitons didn't do that well and they're neglecting to release the sequel on the system where the first game achieved most of its sales, so...

It sold the best on 3ds? Really? Well now I'm even sadder that the new game is passing on it.

stryke

How is episodic counted? Is a sale of episode 1 and 2 to the same person consitute as a single unit of sale?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Since people are asking - from Capcom's "Platinum" titles (aka top 50 best selling games of all time)

XSWvdIS.png

FLD

I think Rev 2 will do much better than 1, even with the HD rerelease people still wrote it off as a 3DS game.

Well, that's not too far off, to be honest. I only played the PC version and I really liked it but, while it started out very good and almost felt like a return to the series' roots, after a while it really started to suffer from originally being a 3DS game. It felt underwhelming in a "well, I'm sure this was pretty great for a 3DS game but... meh" kinda way.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's a very fair expectation for RevRev 2. With this and Hellblade, I hope to see more devs/pubs make these smaller budget games that A: cater to more specific audiences and B: don't require 10+ million sales to break even.

Nuke Soda

Too bad Capcom doesn't know the secret to exceeding expectations, have none. :)

Oh boy we sold 2 copies, this exceeds our expectations.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I think capcom's fiscal year ends at the end of march, so it really depend when they are releasing Revelations 2 to see if that aim is reasonable or not

Top Bottom