• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stunning GTA5 old-gen VS new-gen comparison with screenshots (thanks gtaforums)

woen

Hey,

I guess it deserves a thread to show some of the comparisons made by great fans on gtaforums. It truly shows how the game changed (lighting, draw distance, textures, foliage...).

These are compressed gifs, so I can it'll look better in game you can find others here :

http://gtaforums.com/topic/714737-gtav-graphics-old-gen-vs-new-gen/page-11

kNSxZ8H.gif

wyMZqrZ.gif

aTnTv1U.gif

wFjit9k.gif

BNlxyYP.gif

ZKK9TcB.gif

ElasticUnpleasantArachnid.gif

0_0.jpg

rsggtavngscreenshot135jpg-37b974_640w.jpg

0_0.jpg

rsggtavngscreenshot143jpg-37b977_640w.jpg

0_0.jpg

rsggtavngscreenshot028jpg-4444d8_640w.jpg

(These three are from "GtaV Is Coming To Pc")

Thanks again to GTA forums

Goddamn, this looks so impressive. I very rarely double-dip, but I can say with confidence that I will be doing do with this game. Rockstar have clearly put the effort in and deserve every sale.

elfinke

Make no mistake that the PS4 (and inevitably the PC) shots looks great, but GTAV never ceased to amaze me on PS3, and these screens show that. What a cracking game.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Considering what they were able to do with the very limited PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, this is just insane. Rockstar definitely know how to make games, and make them well indeed.

javac

Current Gen versions look amazing but last Gen versions still look awesome, they pulled off some witchcraft with that stuff.

JordanN

Banned
I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I don't like the saturated yellow filter GTA 5 uses.

Here's hoping GTA 6 goes for more naturalistic colors.

UrbanRats

I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I don't like the saturated yellow filter GTA 5 uses.

GTAV has very natural colors.
Some ToD are more peculiar than others, but otherwise it looks very realistic.

It looks really good and GTAV doesn't look bad by any stretch.

R* on that next level tip.

Now give me more substance and enterable buildings in GTA6 and I'll forgive you 100%. :p

Papacheeks

Banned
Depth of field is the improvement that amazes me the most in some of these shots.

Like this one look at the house behind the green car:

Freaking awesome Sauce!!

There's no yellow filter in GTAV. The game looks very bright, yellow, orange, blue, dark, or grey naturally depending on the time of day and weather. Any remaining yellow tint is to capture the smoggy LA skyline and even that's not constant.

SeanTSC

Heh, been down to that area of California? It really looks that yellow, especially if you're used to living in a very crisp blue/green area like the Pacific Northwest. Every time I've been down there I've thought "man, this place is fucking yellow". The air is some god awful dirty shit too.

woen

Depth of field is the improvement that amazes me the most in some of these shots.

Like this one look at the house behind the green car:

Freaking awesome Sauce!!

Careful these are official screenshots, I don't think there's DOF in the game. Perhaps someone've seen it in the FPS trailer ?

i-Lo

For me, the comparison speaks volumes about R*'s skills with last gen hardware. The jump is noticeable but to see what they're truly capable of, we've to wait for their game that will grace the current gen console during their twilight years.

Top Bottom