• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stunning GTA5 old-gen VS new-gen comparison with screenshots (thanks gtaforums)

BNlxyYP.gif
Thought this one was interesting because that's basically the busiest freeway in the game but it's actually not all that busy compared to the original new-gen trailer (the night scene at the bridge).

I think it's probably just 'off hours' because honnestly even the PS3 version usually has more cars on that freeway than either the PS4 or PS3 version does here haha :p

The new foliage is awesome though. Can't run to cruise around Blaine County with the HUD turned off listening to Nissim's Gaslamp Killer in a Gwagen Dubsta

RdN

Great comparison.. Today's video and screens made my hype for this game go through the roof!

This is like Rockstar took everything I love about GTA5, added a bunch of stuff I wanted and here we are.

dXuD2BL.gif

This and MCC collection releasing a week apart is bad ass.

woen

For me, the comparison speaks volumes about R*'s skills with last gen hardware. The jump is noticeable but to see what they're truly capable of, we've to wait for their game that will grace the current gen console during their twilight years.

This. Can't wait to see what they can do from scratch with the current hardware.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hm. Last gen version holds its own incredibly well in my opinion. Some of those gifs you can barely see an improvement.

Daingurse

Quite significant. I might pick this up on PC, but my step dad is most likely picking it up on PS4, so I probably will bum his copy.

So what was the feature regarding the radio and smartphone integration? I'd bust a nut if I can use my own music for custom stations like I could with San Andreas on PC. I need me some metal for some off roadin.

Why am I looking at this thread....goddammit I don't want to spend more money on a game I played already but Rockstar is making it tough ):

And now imagine what mods will do with that ...
Imagine a iCEnhancer esque mod farther down the line with the latest GPUs and at 4K, 120mhz, 60 FPS. Can't wait to see what modders do with the game and new tech over the next while. GTA IV was always somewhat limited by its city restrictions but there are just so many thematic possibilities between both the city and countryside. Mod scene is probably gonna be crazy.

Rockondevil

I was somewhat contemplating getting this, but now with comparisons like this and the first person mode I feel like I need to get it.
Damn you R* and making me get games twice.
Now to find time between Halo, CoD and Far Cry.

Bl@de

Imagine a iCEnhancer esque mod farther down the line with the latest GPUs and at 4K, 120mhz, 60 FPS. Can't wait to see what modders do with the game and new tech over the next while. GTA IV was always somewhat limited by its city restrictions but there are just so many thematic possibilities between both the city and countryside. Mod scene is probably gonna be crazy.

... and then you Press Play and put on your Oculus Rift

Yeul

It's really when I see PS4 shots I get excited because without them the way I remember the PS3 version is how I'm seeing the new remaster look (if that makes sense). I.e. I remember it looking better than it actually does and when I see the PS4 version I'm like omg so nice!!!!! I can't wait to jump back into this game again, I haven't touched my PS3 version for months in order to get as fresh of an experience as possible.

Shredderi

...fuck. is it time for me to purchase a ps4, gaf?

It just might be. Depending on where you live, there have been some pretty nice deals for ps4 lately. I actually wish I was buying the thing now instead of back in march :D

ZKK9TcB.gif

This shit is just too good. I mean they couldn't make the last gen versions first and then go in everywhere and draw in the foliage again? I'm thinking that the current-gen versions were actually made first more or less and then they went on to cut the game down to fit the old consoles. The better trees and substantially denser foliage alone makes an impression.

Coolwhip

Banned
Not bad, they do have a huge ass team to keep busy so I guess the effort makes sense.

After all the hype and marketing has settled, was GTA5 actually a fun and good game?

Well it still suffers from really bad textures.

Better Foliage, more cars, better Lightning. Thats what they promised and thats what we got.

Good lord that is literally a 'night and day' comparison. Color me impressed. I live in the US. Point me in the right direction!

Or a PC or an Xbone. Take your pick.

Was thinking about investing in a gaming rig in the future. I'm currently busy right now with my career so I don't have much time to sit through a game like this at the moment-- but I will soon. I'm looking to jump into the steam backlog once I get my shit together and get a rig.

HGStormy

Banned
It just might be. Depending on where you live, there have been some pretty nice deals for ps4 lately. I actually wish I was buying the thing now instead of back in march :D

ZKK9TcB.gif

This shit is just too good. I mean they couldn't make the last gen versions first and then go in everywhere and draw in the foliage again? I'm thinking that the current-gen versions were actually made first more or less and then they went on to cut the game down to fit the old consoles. The better trees and substantially denser foliage alone makes an impression.

Hooooly shit. That's pretty awesome. Plus the FPS mode, it's gonna be pretty great. Haven't played a GTA since San Andreas, but will probably pick this up!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That's so impressive, which makes my decision to double dip easier! Can't fucking wait.

... and then you Press Play and put on your Oculus Rift

Yes, that's is actually my plan. Let's see what's left of it when CV1 is out but at the moment I'm waiting this game out as I don't want to be burned out on it when VR hits
(if it hits)
, same thing with Alien Isolation!

TCRS

Banned
I totally missed the GTAV hype train the first time around but these pictures... damn! can't wait!!

A NEW GTA WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Top Bottom