• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for PC spotted on Amazon.fr

Nethaniah

Steam isn't. Unless you're suggesting that it'll be exclusive to the Windows store.

Windows is a MS platform and the Steam store (which happens to be on that MS platform) has MS first party funded games coming out for it, think Fable was the last one? Gotta ask though, why does the very idea of other platforms having the same game bother you so much?

RedSwirl

Why would MS publish their games on steam?

Because they've already published a shitload of them in the last couple years.

Age of Empires II HD
Age III
Age of Mythology
State of Decay
Dusk
Mark of the Ninja
Fable
Halo: Spartan Assault
etc.

MS has pretty much conceded to just releasing their own games on Steam.

Zarx

Are consoles not allowed to have good exclusives?

Preferably not, in an ideal world all games would be on all platforms capable of running them. And then we could all just play them on our preferred platforms. Now that is not going to happen as the console manufacturers have a vested interest in denying games to other platforms to force people into buying into their platform. Tho PC gaming is different enough that some see it as neutral ground for some releases, Sony Online Entertainment has their MMOs and MS sporadically releases or at least doesn't prevent devs releasing stuff on PC.

As for this case while it would be nice, it is probably just a mistake.

Bessy67

Heck, if I thought the game was good, I would want it on any platform that can do its controls and graphics justice.
Not when you're building up a game portfolio that you hope will sell consoles. I mean, do you think it would be in Sony's best interest to publish Bloodborne on PC?

Well I don't see this happening sadly but if FH2 makes it to PC then day one! :D It's the one series that made me keep my 360 last gen.

BokehKing

Banned
This sunset over drive on 'pc' mistake sure seems to be happening a lot... Only a matter of time before it's no longer a mistake.

Zarx

What Xbox One release has MS published on PC? Isn't Ori going to be the one and only so far?

LocoCycle, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Halo: Spartan Assault (tho this was Win 8 store/Phone then XBO then Steam) and Project Spark (Win 8 Store only so far, no Steam release announced).

What Xbox One release has MS published on PC? Isn't Ori going to be the one and only so far?

Doesn't matter that no X1 has released yet. The system has been out a year. The fact that Microsoft continues to release published games onto Steam offers more support that they're going to continue this trend going forward rather than they're going to stop with the X1.

chixdiggit

I have a Xbox One and plan on buying Forza Horizon 2 at some point either way.
I will only buy Sunset Overdrive if it comes to PC however.

Zophar

I'd be really surprised if Forza went to PC, especially since it's one of the core Xbox IPs along with Fable, Halo, and Gears. There's a reason those titles haven't had ports to PC in the past (or why Gears 2 and 3 never went, or any Halo after 2), because they are instrumental components to the brand identity MS has built for Xbox.

I'd be really surprised if Forza went to PC, especially since it's one of the core Xbox IPs along with Fable, Halo, and Gears. There's a reason those titles haven't had ports to PC in the past (or why Gears 2 and 3 never went, or any Halo after 2), because they are instrumental components to the brand identity MS has built for Xbox.

I'm fairly sure all the mainline Fable games came to PC, so that's a bad example to use.

I'm quite skeptical of Forza myself.

Zarx

Fable got one this year, and so did Halo if you count that twin stick shooter. And given that they put out FH2 on X360 it doesn't seem like they think of it as a hardware pusher for XBOne.

Leb

On the one hand, I find this about as likely as a black man being elected president. On the other hand, I would like to play FH2 at 60fps.

I guess we'll meet somewhere in the middle and maybe elect a woman as president.

On the one hand, I find this about as likely as a black man being elected president.
image.php

Sunset Overdrive is beggin for a PC release. I'm playing it right now and I just imagine how great it'd look downsampled running at 60fps.

brennok

Neo Member
I would definitely play Sunset Overdrive on the PC.

Then again I also believe all games should be available to all platforms and tend to avoid exclusives.

I'm calling fraud on this.

Forza has never come to PC before, and I can't remember the last time Insomniac released a game on PC.

Not saying one or the other won't ever happen, but both? Seriously doubt it.

Tizoc

This isn't the first time Amazon listed a game that doesn't really have a PC/Specific console release. Would be cool though.

iavi

Amazon's been on the mark in the past with quite a few leaks-- Naruto PC, MK9, Injustice

but we're hitting the point where there are more questions marks than confirms

With these two added we now (supposedly) have coming:

FF Type-0
Master Chief Collection
Dead or Alive 5-- (Another listing just went up for this one on Play-asia, so this may be close to a confirm)
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2

I'll buy every one of them.

We need another great Steam registry leak.

FordGTGuy

Banned
While I somewhat agree with this statement, Sony games don't tend to end up on PC. Eventually the PS4 will have better games ... even if the current library is shit.

Some of the best Sony games are on PC.

Planetside 2 and Everquest Online being the largest.

Top Bottom