• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for PC spotted on Amazon.fr

But that's that, rumors. I loved the fact they ported Dead Rising 3 and Ryse because - frankly - both games fits pretty well on pc, like its their home.

I had a blast with both in multiplayer.

But rumors are rumors, take 'em as a grain of salt - and i feel tired to read false things around when they're about a game i would like to play on pc.

I can't justify to get a One only for KI or FH2, but god knows if i would love to play both.

:lol at people complaining about this

It would be one of the most pro-consumer moves the Xbox division has ever made. And all you can think about is how much you want your platform of choice to succeed that you'd rather less people get to play these games.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It already has the OS market and no imminent threats on any side. Windows gaming is something they do want to support to some degree, but they are already the PC gaming platform. Every third party game that comes to PC is coming to Windows. Hundreds of new games every year. OSX and Linux are total jokes by comparison. MS doesn't need to do anything specific to perpetuate this beyond continuing to release Direct X, gamepad drivers and such.

Releasing Xbox exclusives on PC would be purely to make money from sales, not as a strategic move to secure Windows dominance or such.

DX 12 exclusive would however serve a purpose, since their biggest issue is competing with their own OS.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Lol. It's not going to happen. If you want to play those games buy an Xbox One.

Phinor

This would be their best chance of getting me to buy FH2. Really enjoyed FH1, mostly enjoyed the demo of FH2, but I won't buy it before the game supports my Fanatec X360/PS3/PC compatible wheel. Which will never happen, unless a PC version appears.

Also bought (&enjoyed) both DR3 and Ryse on PC so I hope this keeps happening. And yes, I enjoyed Ryse despite the issues the game had.

This would be their best chance of getting me to buy FH2. Really enjoyed FH1, mostly enjoyed the demo of FH2, but I won't buy it before the game supports my Fanatec X360/PS3/PC compatible wheel. Which will never happen, unless a PC version appears.

Also bought (&enjoyed) both DR3 and Ryse on PC so I hope this keeps happening. And yes, I enjoyed Ryse despite the issues the game had.
Yep, this.

I will never buy a racing game on a current gen console because none of them supports a wheel. It's stupid as hell.

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

This particular listing is very likely bunk. That's not to say they won't come to PC eventually, they might. Well, I think SO might, but not Forza. However the truth value of this story is pretty much nill.

Pakoe

This particular listing is very likely bunk. That's not to say they won't come to PC eventually, they might. Well, I think SO might, but not Forza. However the truth value of this story is pretty much nill.

Meh, one can dream.
Same reason why i still believe HL3 will come out, some day.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think that Xbone games on PC significantly undermines Xbone's chances. Given the choice I would probably buy an Xbone rather than a PC to play its games, for example, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that.

EvB

I don't think that Xbone games on PC significantly undermines Xbone's chances. Given the choice I would probably buy an Xbone rather than a PC to play its games, for example, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that.
You are in the vast majority, you only need to look at the sales of any AAA game on a console vs the PC

Thinking back on it pretty much all the MS Xbox ports have been single player affairs haven't they? I bet MS doesn't want non-xblg requiring versions of their games out there.

For things like Ori it's just additional income but losing even a couple gold subs on Xbox will add up if folk can go play MCC or the like for free on PC.

Thinking back on it pretty much all the MS Xbox ports have been single player affairs haven't they? I bet MS doesn't want non-xblg requiring versions of their games out there.

For things like Ori it's just additional income but losing even a couple gold subs on Xbox will add up if folk can go play MCC or the like for free on PC.

Not if its Windows 10 exclusive and can only be bought through the W10 app store.

multiplayer console games almost always have much larger communities on consoles than PC, so that ^ is true. if i had both i'd get the xb1 versions because of the multiplayer. for instance NBA 2k15 just came out a few weeks ago and all the online modes are already dead on the PC version where that will basically never happen on consoles. even when it was brand new it only had traffic at peak hours. that's insane for a huge release like that.

thuway

It would be smart to make these titles Windows 10 mandatory. It would kick the remaining Windows 7 users in the ass hard enough to upgrade.

JaggedSac

It would be one of the most pro-consumer moves the Xbox division has ever made. And all you can think about is how much you want your platform of choice to succeed that you'd rather less people get to play these games.

Exactly. These games need to succeed. We already know Playground was scraping for sales when they made a 360 version. PC is a no brainer. They need money to keep the studio open and I want them to keep making kickass racing games. Folks without a Bone, buy these games, they are fantastic.

keit4

Banned

So, you are telling me that Sony are anti-consumer since they don't put their games on PC?

It would be smart to make these titles Windows 10 mandatory. It would kick the remaining Windows 7 users in the ass hard enough to upgrade.
Why would it be smart, is win10 better then win7? Win8 is terrible compared to win7.
If they make fh2 for PC it would be great. But if its only dx12, they wont sell much copies :-(. But thats just me.

Infamous is coming to PC aswell.

Killzone too.

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00H5L8KRW/

bqrjSmI.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
True. Sunset Overdrive I find plausible. Forza Horizon 2, not so much. Isn't Turn 10 an MS first party studio?

Yes, but didn't Turn 10 not do Horizon? Isn't that a different studio?

I'd love for Horizon to come to PC. Simply because I'd be able to use a common/cheap wheel.

AU Tiger

SSO looks like a blast but I'm not going to buy an xbox to play it. I'd play the hell out of it on PC though.

Can't say I'm super excited if FH2 on PC is real but I may give it a try eventually.

Bessy67

Yes, but didn't Turn 10 not do Horizon? Isn't that a different studio?

I'd love for Horizon to come to PC. Simply because I'd be able to use a common/cheap wheel.
It's Forza though. MS could contract Naughty Dog to make it and it would still be a MS first party property.

Infamous is coming to PC aswell.

Well, looks like the console age is over. Everything was PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lol. It's not going to happen. If you want to play those games buy an Xbox One.

FH2 may remain an exclusive but Microsoft doesn't own Sunset, just as it doesn't (and never did) own DR3 and Ryse, those two other X1 games that hit the PC earlier in the year. ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They probably own the publishing rights though.

I doubt Insomniac's deal with MS is different to Capcom's and Crytek's. Publishing rights always revert back to the copyright owner after a time, anyway.

Exactly. These games need to succeed. We already know Playground was scraping for sales when they made a 360 version. PC is a no brainer. They need money to keep the studio open and I want them to keep making kickass racing games. Folks without a Bone, buy these games, they are fantastic.

Sumo Digital made the 360 version, not PG. Pretty sure they'd have charged MS enough to keep the lights on regardless of sales performance too.

Top Bottom