• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady revealing undiscovered easter eggs in Arkham City.

You may recall them doing something similar before the release of Arkham City.

Now, a random YouTube account popped up called "JG Jour" (Named after Calendar Man's real name Julian Gregory Day (Jour is French for day). He posted a video two days ago showing an undiscovered exchange with Calendar Man.

Someone figured out to trigger it, you had to set your system's date to the founding day of Rocksteady-- December 13th 2004.

The message is a cryptic "I'll be there when it all ends" message, in-line with a lot of the other foreshadowing near the end of the game and also a dialogue mirroring the development of Rocksteady itself. More importantly, the account apparently had 3 videos associated with it, with only 1 accessible at this time.

5mIDk34.png

It seems likely they're going to reveal more in the future, to hype AK.

finally

Did anything come of the morse code flickering light in the old GCPD building? And the image during the Robin/ninja cutscene?

HardRojo

You can tell Rocksteady had a blast developing this series.
All those Easter Eggs you would have never thought about. I love watching them all every now and then.

Kiru

So this game was already teasing what is about to happen in the next game ? I love that kind of stuff.

Haha, nice. Though it doesn't happen with many other series, I love when game series foreshadow future entries in a series like this.

So this game was already teasing what is about to happen in the next game ? I love that kind of stuff.

I remember that there was a Easter Egg in Arkham City that Confirmed that Scarecrow would be back for the next one I guess that meant Arkham Knight.

I can't believe there's still Easter Eggs still haven't been found in Arkham City.. that's really cool.

I'm unfamiliar with those. Any video?

Can't find any good videos, but there's a light in the morgue part of the GCPD building that flickers. Some people on the official forums had figured it out it was morse code, but since the official site has changed, I can't find that original thread. Here's a link to a GameFAQs post about it though:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/62082489

This lead to the message "I AM AT ENTRANCE GATE BEHIND THE FAKE WALL." Some speculated that it referred to the robots in Wonder City that were collected and piled up during Protocol 10, but then that ended up being part of the Harley Quinn DLC.

There's this though, a cutscene that shows a single frame of gameplay in a particular spot. COuld just be a simple glitch/quirk.

Now the Calendar Man easter egg is revealed though, it leads me to believe that's the secret Rocksteady was referring to. I remember Sefton Hill or someone else saying there were "a few more" secrets no one found, but the number of secrets wasn't explicitly stated.

These guys are good.

This sort of thing is what sets these games apart, even from the rest of the Triple-A crowd.* So much love.

and from Origins

Gears

Just like asylum, arkham knight comes out on my birthday. Always makes my birthday super rad when a cool game comes out that day. Cant wait :D

JayEH

Kind of ruins the point of an Easter egg if you just go ahead and reveal them (even if they are obsure).

I think we're getting to the point where if you hide secrets this small into a game this big, it becomes really unlikely people will find them. Setting your system date to a very specific day, then knowing to go talk to Calendar Man, and picking up that the dialogue is even different from what you'd usually get in the game?

It is still fun when they reveal it's been slumbering in the game all this time, though. Like a Naboo Starfighter.

sn00zer

Kind of ruins the point of an Easter egg if you just go ahead and reveal them (even if they are obsure).

Nah, they have deep secrets that you really couldnt find without looking into the files...like blowing up an inconsequential wall in Arkham Asylum by use 3x the amount of normal explosives to find a hidden room

If there is an unused area I have no idea where it could be, as someone who speedruns these games along with others we've been out of bounds and zipped through walls often.

What calender says there makes me think that he is in knight as a villain instead of an extra.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love it when Easter Eggs are revealed long after the fact. It's always cool and proves how much care was put into certain games.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I think we're getting to the point where if you hide secrets this small into a game this big, it becomes really unlikely people will find them. Setting your system date to a very specific day, then knowing to go talk to Calendar Man, and picking up that the dialogue is even different from what you'd usually get in the game?

It is still fun when they reveal it's been slumbering in the game all this time, though. Like a Naboo Starfighter.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. The devs have said on a few occasions that there were still undiscovered secrets in the game. I'm surprised they're still undiscovered.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is it seriously supposed to be tied to that date? The first time I played it I had gotten that dialog and thought it was a normal part of the game.

I remember when they said if people didn't find the last few by a certain time, they'd reveal them themselves just like they had to do with Arkham Asylum. I love things like this that can be found after so long. Good job by the devs.

They've almost 2 extra years for Knight, so it's going to need it's own strategy guide for easter eggs alone.
Seriously. It's going to be crazy.

God that's so fucking cool. I always adored that AC Easter Egg in AA, and secretly hoped there might be in hidden in AC, too. I doubt there'd be anything specifically related to Arkham Knight, because I don't know if they would even have conceived the idea way back in 2011, but this is awesome all the same.

Rocksteady's Batmans are probably my two favourite games of the last generation.

Hell yeah. This is so incredibly badass to have easter eggs in one of (read: the) best new IP from last gen that are still so undiscovered that the devs have to reveal them. That rarely ever happens anymore.

Arkham Knight hype thrusters engaged - I just need to find time to replay the first two games for the sixth and fifth times respectively before AK hits.

Top Bottom