• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masked guy shows up at Smash Melee tournament and wrecks everyone

Psxphile

Sakurai probably sucks at Smash

Actually scratch that. I'm 100% sure he sucks at smash

tumblr_moehkj3a8z1s8ouhxo1_1280.jpg

Jokab

Wait, so the little girl thing was faked afterall? I didn't really stay in the loop.

Yeah it was staged, people found a casting call.

It's unlikely that this one was staged since it was streamed on twitch. Also the little girl one was for Smash 4, which Nintendo is very interested in promoting. They haven't touched Melee in years, and there is little reason for them to start doing so now with Smash 4 around the corner.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oooooookay?

Does it really make a difference whether or not he wears a mask? Would a hat have been more outrageous?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
X shows up at Y, Wrecks Everyone

Smash Brothers viral marketing: easy, profitable, fun

I hope this is real and not some stunt. I love masked crusaders, especially one that plays videogames, crushes everyone,and walks out like a boss.

Revven

This isn't staged for three reasons:

1) It's a Melee event, not Smash 4 (therefore no reason for Nintendo involvement or otherwise).
2) Local tournament in Edmonton, Alberta at a school, not at a Gamestop. (Since it's a local, there's no sponsors thus no company involvement as well)
3) The video is by a community member who has been around for years and they legitimately do not know who it is, if they'll come to future events, or anything.

Also, there's a whole stream archive of the tournament if you don't believe it lol.

But yeah this is legitimately amazing because it's totally based off of Scar and Toph's conversation at CEO 2014.

Yeah it was staged, people found a casting call.

It's unlikely that this one was staged since it was streamed on twitch. Also the little girl one was for Smash 4, which Nintendo is very interested in promoting. They haven't touched Melee in years, and there is little reason for them to start doing so now with Smash 4 around the corner.

Really? That's pretty lame.

maxcriden

yeah
complete insanity. Mario Club members are one of kind

Yep. There are a lot of awesome videos from them for that game. Challenge Mode tries to teach you how to be good at speedrunning the game and pulling off crazy feats. It's insanely hard, most of it I can't do at all.

Trick_GSF

Banned
The little girl thing was a market thing? I don't follow tournaments, or Nintendo much these days to be honest, but I thought the girl beating everyone was great.

That.. was an advert? or what? Surely not..

Top Bottom