• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New themes up for purchase on PSN store: LittleBigPlanet 3 and The Order

In case anyone wants to customize their PS4 further.

LittleBigPlanet 3 theme is 2.99
The Order is 1.99

Both are dynamic. The Order's music is very awesome but the theme itself is a bit boring for a dynamic one. The LBP3 sadly has no music (just some background sound effects) but otherwise it's great, the background is a mock up level and the characters run/swoop around.

iKhH3QjX3CTj7.jpg
iXjH7XVFSei10.jpg

itcFDIpzpSGyT.jpg
izKzuHb7jgKef.jpg

EDIT: These are in the US store. Don't know what EU has

FeiRR

Banned
There's also a Playroom theme (free) I didn't know about. Bought the Order theme as I had some change left. I'd like the LBP (loved it on PS3) but I'd have to get a $10 card for that.

Radec

pretty meh..

So.. are these paid themes the reason they can't enable us to use custom wallpapers on the PS4?

goddamit Sony.

I think these themes should be free if you buy their respective game. Not that Sony really needs another reason, but it would be added incentive to purchase mutliplatform games for their system.

Drayco21

I still think that these promotional themes should be free. Not being able to preview them either is a joke.

At least the LBP3 theme seems pretty charming.

The Order was worth it for me for the music alone, it's fucking amazing. But yeah it is flat, similar to the Destiny theme I guess. Still 2 or 3 bucks isn't much to me that's what I pay for a coffee

JayEH

I'm not going to be paying for themes. Why don't they let us use custom ones like the PS3? Custom and paid themes coexisted fine there.

So currently it's like this?

Free:
Squares
Spirals
Paper
PlayRoom

Destiny (US)
CoD (US)

$$:
Toro (Japan)
LBP
The Order

I'm using the Squares one. Nice music and pleasant button sounds. The Spirals one is cool for having also the same color on settings screens etc. but the music is a bit too funky for a menu imo and I'm not a big fan of reds.

They should start to include them into CEs / Preorder-boni / PS+ freebies like on PS3
Or just make the game specific ones free as they are promotion material anyway. I'm still rocking the Hitman dynamic theme on PS3, pretty slick.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Grimløck;139502308 said:
eh...not impressed with either. let me know when they get a bloodborne theme up there.

Ditto.

So.. are these paid themes the reason they can't enable us to use custom wallpapers on the PS4?

If you stream via the share button, can viewers see your wallpaper? That's the first reason that popped into my head, but if they can't see it then you're probably right.

I understand why they do it, but I don't like when they put the game's title/logo in the theme like in The Order one. Would rather just a nice, clean, textless picture.

TP-DK

I find it really annoying that when you enter the notifications, messages etc. It shows the standard theme.

I find all these themes so far are horrid. I don't think they work well with the UI. I'm still rocking the original blue waves which is spot on and can't see that changing.

reminder

Give me a nice RIME theme with beautiful music and/or the sound of the ocean and seagulls, and i'll gladly pay for it.

Top Bottom