• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Where did you get these? I logged on earlier today (25th) and there was no pop-up mentioning anything of a gift(s).
The notification in game. The dialog screen keeps the last few messages if you have missed it.

for the new page
Anyone want to trade wins with me (land race)? I need 50 for 360. I'm high level and never really gotten around to racing. I kinda want to now, but every time I join a race I get kicked. So I'm given up on "legit" getting them and would rather grind them out.

Well... There was nothing in my inventory and i even visited Ammunation to see if anything unlocked there.
Server bug ? did you try again ? also look at your stats page with weapon unlocks, it should show the carbine with no level requirement.

edit: I forgot to mention, I got the message when I was outside, I didn't get any notification while indoors.

Alright so "today's" crate drop was a Blarney's beer hat but I wasn't able to get one thanks to servers.

However that item is now gone and the new item of the day is... the Please Stop Me mask from Manhunt..
DEAR GOD PLEASE LET ME CONNECT

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
That's happened to me quite a few times, before todays problems.

This happened to me today as well. The single player went back the beginning. I was concerned, but, all of the saves were there for a quick load right back to where I was.. Concerning? A bit, but, not a big deal if my saves don't get wiped.

Mastah

Alright so "today's" crate drop was a Blarney's beer hat but I wasn't able to get one thanks to servers.

However that item is now gone and the new item of the day is... the Please Stop Me mask from Manhunt..
DEAR GOD PLEASE LET ME CONNECT

Nah, yesterday was Supa Wet beer hat, but I got lucky and snatched 3 crates on X360 including Blarneys. Since it was unobtained without modding during Independence Day event 6 months ago, I got named bullshitter and liar by some people on GTA Forums, even though each time I posted pic of my GTA timeline :/

Also snow seems to be being phased out :(

waypoetic

Banned
Server bug ? did you try again ? also look at your stats page with weapon unlocks, it should show the carbine with no level requirement.

edit: I forgot to mention, I got the message when I was outside, I didn't get any notification while indoors.

"@RockstarGames #GTAOnline Be sure to check under your Christmas tree for a few gifts in your inventory today!"

Under_the_christmas_tree

Nah, yesterday was Supa Wet beer hat, but I got lucky and snatched 3 crates on X360 including Blarneys. Since it was unobtained without modding during Independence Day event 6 months ago, I got named bullshitter and liar by some people on GTA Forums, even though each time I posted pic of my GTA timeline :/

Yes I see now that it seems to have been a fluke for some. Lucky!

Anyway, since I can't get on with PS4, I logged on with my PS3 character and grabbed the Manhunt mask for my future PC character. Would have much preferred it on my main PS4 but what can ya do... damn DDOS kiddies.

Also, on the Rockstar support page it says they're extending the Xmas gifts for the time being.

Darknight

You got to be shitting me.

I really hate PSN right now. Im never gonna get any of the special crates or see snow. Fuck this.

So I made a small video in GTA Online chronicling a little bit of festive snow time carnage. My car, dubbed "purple bottom"by some of my friends, is also in this video and sports the NeoGAF logo on it :)

I'd like to share, like usual, but this is actually the first video for a channel that I'm starting with some appropriate friends. Will include more traditional game and motion picture stuff, but the focus will be on dissecting the technology and artistry in said mediums, as well as some cannabis topics (we're in California and pro legalization nationwide).

My question is - who do I talk to for clearance on posting the video? Should I just share it with the thread (or main GTA V OT?) and if a mod decides against it, edit post?

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/548573000216629249
Seems like Rockstar is going to extend the gift giving for some time due to the outages. I hope it goes for awhile since who knows when everything will be functional.

Glad they did this. I was just now able to get in-game for the first time all patch. Freaked out for awhile because I didn't get any gifts after noticing there was no snow. Then I didn't see my tree hidden in the corner of my apartment. Once I left my apartment I finally got the holiday gear, then I drove around and picked up all the clothing and masks. Sad I missed the snow, though.

2iALgZkGKUujHC006GvrPQ_0_0.jpg

Atilac

Played gta online for the first time tonight. While in passive mode, another player sent mercenaries at me. How can he attack me when i'm set to passive?

Yeah great -_-. Because of the PSN outage I wasnt able to check it out. It sucks they didnt even extend it for one day wtf??

Rhanks for nothing R*
I think snow might also happen on New Years Eve / day. Also don't blame R* for another service being down ):

That said, they do have an annoying habit of spending a ton of money and effort making something incredible and then only allow it / show it for a small amount of time. I don't think there would be any harm having snow for the whole Christmas Eve - New Years Day period, especially since that's when most people will have off work and stuff to be playing.

Oh, and BTW, Baron, I figured out why you and I have different experiences about going into passive mode in airplanes.... have you gone in passive in anything but the besra? Cause now that I have a besra I noticed you can go in and out in a besra, but so far the other planes/helis I've been in won't let you. Not the Viper/Frogger (don't know why if the Besra it will let you as the Frogger has no weapons either)/buzzard/heli with guns.
Yea! I did it in a Velum, with someone riding with me, and they went passive also. Think I also did it in the Mammatus, as well. Do you own the other planes you tried it in? Perhaps that could be what it is, each time I do it is in my Pegasus vehicle. Haven't had time, and PSN has been down lately so I haven't been able to test anything else out.

Sad I missed the Manhunt mask :( I never played it...I own it and it's on my list to play, but still... D;

Tigress

Yea! I did it in a Velum, with someone riding with me, and they went passive also. Think I also did it in the Mammatus, as well. Do you own the other planes you tried it in? Perhaps that could be what it is, each time I do it is in my Pegasus vehicle. Haven't had time, and PSN has been down lately so I haven't been able to test anything else out.

Sad I missed the Manhunt mask :( I never played it...I own it and it's on my list to play, but still... D;

Hrm, I own the buzzard though I'm pretty sure the buzzards I tried it in I found as I only bring out the buzzard for missions. Maybe I shall have to experiment with that. Still means I can't go passive in the viper as I have to be able to shoot people to be able to steal it (I find it is best to stop and shoot any nearby military before getting in the plane cause it takes so long even if you are on full health if there are military guys nearby they will kill you before you can get away).

Savitar

Is there a good set up for shooting while in a vehicle while playing on the PS4?

The normal version is a third hands approach almost.

Kinda wish it was switched with the L2 button.

(I find it is best to stop and shoot any nearby military before getting in the plane cause it takes so long even if you are on full health if there are military guys nearby they will kill you before you can get away).
Yea...it's a pain if you try to just make a bee line for the jets. I've been stealing SUVs and larger vehicles to try to hop the fence with, that way I can set up a (somewhat minor) barricade to "cover my back" as I try to make the theft. Sometimes it eats up one tank shell, which has been the difference between life and death before. Still, it's waayyyyyy harder now, and to heck with spending 5g on the blind eye for a little mayhem. Maybe once a week I'll treat myself to the easy method..
Is there a good set up for shooting while in a vehicle while playing on the PS4?

The normal version is a third hands approach almost.

Kinda wish it was switched with the L2 button.
Yes there is! For first and third person controls, try the "alternate' scheme, though I don't think it can be separated from the on foot controls. Also, there is an option for 'alternate drive by controls", try that. It makes firing a one button event, instead of aiming then firing.

Above all else, if that fails, check through the control schemes, there are tons of options available. Hopefully you'll find one to suit your needs.

Idba

I just got the crate and the machine gun, but i got killed right after. Soo, where do i find what i got in the crate? It said i got a black bloody mask, but i cant find it in my inventory

Tigress

Yea...it's a pain if you try to just make a bee line for the jets. I've been stealing SUVs and larger vehicles to try to hop the fence with, that way I can set up a (somewhat minor) barricade to "cover my back" as I try to make the theft. Sometimes it eats up one tank shell, which has been the difference between life and death before. Still, it's waayyyyyy harder now, and to heck with spending 5g on the blind eye for a little mayhem. Maybe once a week I'll treat myself to the easy method..

Interesting idea. My method involves getting a decently fast car and trying to outrun everyone and get to the jets before they all get there. Then gun down the inevitable one jeep that will spawn near the jet. And usually if I can do that quickly enough and avoid the missle that will come after my plane after I'm in the air I'm golden. I just wish the motorcycles would spawn more cause honestly they are the ideal vehicle for my method. Oh, and honestly, I hardly ever have to deal with a tank (in fact it seems they just don't spawn for me. Maybe the same issue with planes not spawning is a benefit that tanks don't spawn easily either).

Though it still usually takes me about 10 tries. At 500 per death, maybe it is worth it to just pay the 5000 ;). But then that wouldn't be as fun (stealing vipers is fun when you are bored, even if you do die a lot).

I think what makes them a lot harder now is they will not spawn until you are nearby and then it takes a few seconds. I find many times my first few deaths are used just trying to get the plane to spawn (but it takes too long adn then they've caught up with me) and then is where I can get a real attempt to steal a plane.

I just got the crate and the machine gun, but i got killed right after. Soo, where do i find what i got in the crate? It said i got a black bloody mask, but i cant find it in my inventory

the manhunt mask was in yesterday's crate. today it's the k-rose shirt. go to your wardrobe or store, then select "tops". it'll show in the "special tops" selection

Still means I can't go passive in the viper as I have to be able to shoot people to be able to steal it.

Though it still usually takes me about 10 tries. At 500 per death, maybe it is worth it to just pay the 5000 ;). But then that wouldn't be as fun (stealing vipers is fun when you are bored, even if you do die a lot).
Totally made me search Rockstar Newswire for new DLC.

You mean the Lazer right?

Same thing for me, i didn't get a pop-up.

What was it that we got? A sock mask, firework launcher, molotovs aaaand...?
Special Carbine, 3 proximity mines

I got a notification about something my friend had done online but when I try to connect now it says "You need PS+, however, PS+ is not available in your country." I can see my friend playing online now, though. D:

I've got GTA V for Christmas. Should I play GTA V (the story mode) or GTA Online first? I don't know which one to choose.
Story mode. Gta online sort of assumes you've played a few hours of story mode. You learn most of the basics in story mode and it helps frame a few npc characters in online mode.

I've got GTA V for Christmas. Should I play GTA V (the story mode) or GTA Online first? I don't know which one to choose.

I'd run thru the gta online missions first. The events in online occur before the story, imo more weight is had when characters like Martin Madrazo show up in story mode (having worked for him in gtao). Plus, you get to play as a gtao boss in story mode which is cool, and it highlights his on going war with a group of bikers.

Tigress

Totally made me search Rockstar Newswire for new DLC.

You mean the Lazer right?

Lol, yeah, I'm really bad with names. The one that looks kinda like an F-16 but has twin tails (and no, it's not new or added with DLC).

I'd call it an F-16 but then I'm sure either people might not know what I'm talking about or correct me with the game name (I tend to know the vehicles more by the name of the vehicle they are obviously modeled after rather than what R* calls them).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did the apartment prices every get lowered since launch?

I seem to remember paying <$250k for mine after the $1,000,000 apology package went out, but my friend just bought a pad for $270k and it makes mine look like an absolute shit hole.

The story mode is actually really, really good.

I know the online is down and the snow has apparently gone, but here is a video chronicling the rampage myself and my buddy Ray did in snow-covered San Andreas. Includes a snowball fight that turns into snowballs of death. If you look closely, you'll spot the NeoGAF logo in here.

GTA V - ONLINE HOLIDAY

Just got in on PS4. Was playing singleplayer in the meantime and when I was about to switch to another character, my online character's portrait suddenly appeared. Hooray!

Hrm, I own the buzzard though I'm pretty sure the buzzards I tried it in I found as I only bring out the buzzard for missions. Maybe I shall have to experiment with that. Still means I can't go passive in the viper as I have to be able to shoot people to be able to steal it (I find it is best to stop and shoot any nearby military before getting in the plane cause it takes so long even if you are on full health if there are military guys nearby they will kill you before you can get away).

Don't think I've tried it in a found Buzzard, but I can definitely go in and out of passive mode in the Buzzard I own. It locks out the helicopter weapons as you'd expect, and otherwise works the same. (Timer when exiting, short delay to reenable, etc)

Bollocks

ah fuck missed the snow, why can't they make it longer, till nye for example?
I mean they throw out all that holiday gear and wardrobe seems like they undersell all that with such a short snow appearance.

Top Bottom