• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Wolfe

Also, on a related note, I think I've noticed something. You won't get a bounty from an npc for stealing a car if you are in passive mode.

Unless they changed something in a recent update you definitely can get a bounty while in passive mode. I thought the same thing as you initially and got into the habit of stealing NPC cars while in passive when I didn't want a bounty but in the end it was just a coincidence as I did eventually get a bounty from doing this.

I mean it makes sense too I guess, it's not like being in passive prevents players from putting bounties on you so why would it prevent NPCs as well.

Maligna

Banned
I suggest you add us as friends instead :) When a job notification pops up it never says if that person is in the same crew as you so i always ignore those. I only join GAFers and usually play with a steady few (ted, direstr8s, brothershanko etc).

Is there a list of PS4 Gaffers I can find so I can add you all to my friends list?

Is there a list of PS4 Gaffers I can find so I can add you all to my friends list?

add me, if you want to trade wins and stuff. Look at my profile

for the new page
Anyone want to trade wins with me (land race)? I need 50 each for ps4, and 360. I'm high level and never really gotten around to racing. I kinda want to now, but every time I join a race I get kicked. So I'm given up on "legit" getting them and would rather grind them out.

Add me, i'll invite you when we're on playing. My PSN is waypoetic

Mind if I add you as well? Been wanting to play with a cool group. ID is Dapperdillinger. I'll put a GAF message there as well.

I sent a PM to Baron for an invite to the crew on R* SC but haven't heard anything yet. Tis a busy time of the year after all!

Tigress

I need to play with you guys. Please post when there is a get together. I always join when Tigress is on but she is only trying to make cash money!!!

Who are you on there? I don't remember playing with a darkknight and usually I don't invite people when I'm just trying to make money (hell, I usually only join invites, I hardly ever invite anyone to stuff I decide to host myself to tell the truth cause usually when I'm hosting, you are right, I'm just trying to make money. But that's why I leave other people out of it because I usually do the same jobs that are surefire things. Except once today I invited people just cause I wanted to try out a new mic I found for 15 bux that got good reviews so I don't have to have a sore ear with that POS thing that came with the PS4).

(and I am not only trying to make money, that is only part of what I do on GTA :p. I also like blowing stuff up with the tank, stealing the Viper (or whatever the fighter jet is called), and trying to offroad/drive around, and fly around too. And getting more into doing missions with people just for the fun of it (especially if I can make them laugh at my incompetance <- but only when they are good natured about it, not when they are being mean about it).

oh, Also, I discovered today if you like blowing stuff up with the tank but hate getting the police after you, you can combine making money with that. The police will not go after you in Trash Talk and the longer you play in Trash talk, the more money you make. So go to town blowing everything up before you finish Trash talk and then finish and you can combine your love of rampaging in a tank and making money :) :) :). And yes, rampaging against cops in the tank can be fun. But sometimes it's just fun to blow random people up for really petty reasons (hey, you passed me, you blow up. Oh, you were stupid enough to come towards a tank? You die now too! Mwhahahahahhahhaa! Oh, and you? You just make good target practice >:) ).

Hrm, hell, if you really enjoyed blowing stuff up, do the whole mission in a tank. It will probably take a long time but you get to blow lots of stuff up with a tank :). (Tanks are totally underrated. I also love the mission in Saint's Row III where you get a tank and the goal is to try to make at least so much damage before the time runs out with it).

Unless they changed something in a recent update you definitely can get a bounty while in passive mode. I thought the same thing as you initially and got into the habit of stealing NPC cars while in passive when I didn't want a bounty but in the end it was just a coincidence as I did eventually get a bounty from doing this.

I mean it makes sense too I guess, it's not like being in passive prevents players from putting bounties on you so why would it prevent NPCs as well.

Huh, cause I swear I have yet to get a bounty and you'd be amazed how many cars I have stolen under passive and not gotten one. I definitely should have gotten one by now. I mean I usually end up stealing 2-3 cars a day at least and usually I get a bounty every 5th or so car. I've gone through 15 in passive probably not one bounty, within 2-3 in non passive, got a bounty right away. I mean, for me to notice the bounty wasn't popping up and to get a strong suspicion, I had to be going through a lot of cars.

usually I don't invite people when I'm just trying to make money (hell, I usually only join invites, I hardly ever invite anyone to stuff I decide to host myself to tell the truth cause usually when I'm hosting, you are right, I'm just trying to make money.

I'm very similar to that. A good easy job for one person is crystal clear out 3, play on hard with a buzzard. It takes about 2.5 min but if you wait to 4 min you get the best payout/time for a playlist. Best part of it is, you only spend 200 for a playlist of 16, unless you blow up the chopper.

Tigress

Hey, btw, anyone on today that wants to do a mission or two with me solely so I can test if the mic on my new headset is good? (that's all I care about, once I get around to it I'm going to reroute all chat to the surround sound so my BF doesn't have to hear a one sided conversation when he's around. I always feel a bit rude when he's around and I'm playing with people. That and I miss having the police chat go over my controller speaker).

Are the Rockstar game services down for everyone else? PSN seems fine enough but GTAO didn't load and told me Rockstar services are currently down.

Edit - Maybe its a problem on my end? I powered off system and then on again. Now I can't get PSN sign on in internet test mode. Just before rebooting I saw people on my friends list playing online...

Are the Rockstar game services down for everyone else? PSN seems fine enough but GTAO didn't load and told me Rockstar services are currently down.

Edit - Maybe its a problem on my end? I powered off system and then on again. Now I can't get PSN sign on in internet test mode. Just before rebooting I saw people on my friends list playing online...

It's down for me.

Wolfe

Huh, cause I swear I have yet to get a bounty and you'd be amazed how many cars I have stolen under passive and not gotten one. I definitely should have gotten one by now. I mean I usually end up stealing 2-3 cars a day at least and usually I get a bounty every 5th or so car. I've gone through 15 in passive probably not one bounty, within 2-3 in non passive, got a bounty right away. I mean, for me to notice the bounty wasn't popping up and to get a strong suspicion, I had to be going through a lot of cars.

Trust me I had the exact same mindset about it before I got a bounty while I was in passive for stealing an NPC car. But then again for all I know maybe it can't happen anymore for whatever reason, I'll try testing it next time I'm online. Hell maybe for whatever reason it does have a way lower percent chance to happen compared to when not in passive mode, could be anything really.

Tawpgun

Im in a weird glitch right now. It's like the game loaded both Criminal Records and whatever mission you steal vehicles from the bikers to deliver to trevor is.

I have no waypoint over the vehicles, but it says to deliver them. The criminal records track has the power ups on them, but they are in the shape of healthpacks.... no rockets for me...

Weird. My teammates are probably mad at me but I can't do anything lol

EDIT: The wrench powerup worked though

Tigress

According to PlayStation knowledge thing PSN is offline =/

For me it was letting me play but not save and when I tried to see who was online it was saying it couldn't do it cause R*'s servers were down. But it was still letting me play (btw person I was playing with, we ended up in the same server or at least it listed you but you didn't seem able to hear me even though I had chat on crew, crew and friends, and everyone. Either that or I randomly forgot who I was playing with and some other Neogaf member was in the same server <- which knowing me could actually happen so I'm serious when I say that sadly). I tried sending you an invite when it finally was letting me see people but, as I said, maybe I randomly mixed up people (yes, I'm a flake. If it makes you feel better if I mistook you for some one else, it's some one else that I remember cause I remember them and remember playing with them so it didn't click with me that maybe wrong person).

IMACOMPUTA

Anyone want to trade wins with me (land race)? I need 50 each for ps4, xbox and 360. I'm high level and never really gotten around to racing. I kinda want to now, but every time I join a race I get kicked. So I'm given up on "legit" getting them and would rather grind them out.

I can on ps4. Not tonight I don't think, but if we're ever online at the same time just send me a message.
PSN= IMACOMPUTA

Anyone else that needs people to do jobs with send me an invite too. I always invite friends list people.
Please send a message with the friend invite pls.

Tigress

I can on ps4. Not tonight I don't think, but if we're ever online at the same time just send me a message.
PSN= IMACOMPUTA

Anyone else that needs people to do jobs with send me an invite too. I always invite friends list people.

Yeah, just warn me next time when you are with a group of idiot kids ;) (those kids were annoying... oh, and if I accidentally went for you I didn't mean to. I just really disliked the two kids talking and felt like being spiteful to them... funny the one going the wrong way never figured out I was aiming for him everytime he came around. It was funny when he was celebrating that he got me I was doing the same about him ;) ).

PSN= IMACOMPUTA

Thanks, friend request sent.

torontoml

I love getting people to chase me and try shooting me in my Zentorno, with no rear window they can't shoot me from behind so as long as I stay in front I'm good. Until they blow it up, but then it costs them almost 10k to replace it.

Oh yeah any reason to log in today or just tomorrow?

Tigress

I love getting people to chase me and try shooting me in my Zentorno, with no rear window they can't shoot me from behind so as long as I stay in front I'm good. Until they blow it up, but then it costs them almost 10k to replace it.

Oh yeah any reason to log in today or just tomorrow?

Watch out, if they have no money, you still pay for it (or at least I've heard Rockstar went back to doing that method rather than if they don't have money it's still free for you to replace. Total BS imho).

I had fun today with a poor schmuck using him to try to make my heli flying skills better (I was just making myself try to follow him. I could tell he was starting to think that I was just trolling in passive mode hoping to pop out of passive and get him by surprise. I eventually left him alone).

Oh, and BTW, Baron, I figured out why you and I have different experiences about going into passive mode in airplanes.... have you gone in passive in anything but the besra? Cause now that I have a besra I noticed you can go in and out in a besra, but so far the other planes/helis I've been in won't let you. Not the Viper/Frogger (don't know why if the Besra it will let you as the Frogger has no weapons either)/buzzard/heli with guns.

torontoml

Ya but 1 in 100 isn't bad. It's only 10k in the big picture and it doesn't happen often. I sell one gang car and I make back a couple grand more than I lost.

Anyone getting network issues on PSN? Every so often (sometimes every 10min, or every 30min), I will randomly get a network error and be kicked back to SP.

The internet doesn't drop out, so I can log straight back into Online.

It's been like this for @3 days now. It's annoying as it takes ages to get back in, and half the time, I am dropped into an empty server...forcing me to choose another session and wait even longer.

Tigress

Guess i need a Buzzard to get a special package... Or find a server that no one joins.

Invite only. Get some friends to join cause i Think they spawn more if there are more people in the server (or at least in PS3 it didn't seem to work so well if you didn't have others in the invite only server).

Though if it spawns them pretty quickly in invite onlys now when you are the only one I'd love to know (I tried ti and it never would spawn for me if I was by myself).

zkorejo

Snow... snow balls and snow fights.. throwing snow balls on my black zentorno makes it all covered in snow. I missed snow last year. This is one of the most fun things in GTA right now. The game looks absolutely amazing.

Throwing snowballs at other players and getting hit back reminds me of Bully for some reason... I dont think we could do that in Bully.. IDR. But maybe because its fun.

waypoetic

Banned
There are plenty of planes lying around the airport. Just go passive so no one will shoot you down while you're waiting for it to drop..

Dude, i was flying around in circles for like 10 minutes waiting for it to drop and when the location finally was revealed some other dude in a fucking Buzzard beats me too it AND HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR seconds earlier! I'm telling you guys, some fucks know where these special crate drops are happening before they're even revealed on the map.

Top Bottom