• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Tigress

They were my crew members :p

Not the PS4 crew?

If not, get a better crew :p.

Oh, and don't join crews like IGN or Midnight Club or the other really big crews that really mean nothing except a name by your name. There's no feeling of comradery and I think in general people who join those crews don't get the point, they just like having the crewname by their name to be cool. You're no different to them than a non crew member though. And they're about as good as playing with randoms.

Tigress

Don't think I've tried it in a found Buzzard, but I can definitely go in and out of passive mode in the Buzzard I own. It locks out the helicopter weapons as you'd expect, and otherwise works the same. (Timer when exiting, short delay to reenable, etc)

Yeah, then it must be depending on if it is the one you called from Pegasus or if you found it on the map. As I said, the buzzards I have in free roam are always ones I find (I only bother paying pegasus to bring one out when I am on a mission).

Magwik

Banned
Not the PS4 crew?

If not, get a better crew :p.

Oh, and don't join crews like IGN or Midnight Club or the other really big crews that really mean nothing except a name by your name. There's no feeling of comradery and I think in general people who join those crews don't get the point, they just like having the crewname by their name to be cool. You're no different to them than a non crew member though. And they're about as good as playing with randoms.

It was XB1 and I find GTA to be more fun with a smaller group of friends versus a ton of Gaffers. Already got burned out on Destiny GAF (sold the game) and Halo GAF (everyone stopped playing cause the game was broke), so I'm a bit cautious :p

Tigress

It was XB1 and I find GTA to be more fun with a smaller group of friends versus a ton of Gaffers. Already got burned out on Destiny GAF (sold the game) and Halo GAF (everyone stopped playing cause the game was broke), so I'm a bit cautious :p

I can't speak for the xb1 crew sadly but the PS4 crew is pretty cool. And I find the GAF crew to be pretty small and the active players are pretty cool to play with (and put up with my sucky playing ;) ).

But... I don't have a group of friends who play on console (My only friend who game are PC gamers and I am not even sure they are interested in GTA). And in general I don't play MP games anyways (I prefer SP games. GTA online just sucked me in and even then until starting to play with the GAF crew more I mostly played it by myself. I'm getting more social on GTA though :) ).

And that's the point of crews anyways I think though (to have a small group of friends who like to group up as one). Which is why crews like IGN or Midnight Club kinda suck unless you just like having the name by you. (and yeah, sadly I know from experience cause when I started GTA I got sucked into joining both of those and realize they are no different than not being in a crew at all).

MAX PAYMENT

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds the graphics upgrade to be incredibly minor. Looks like just a res boost.

Please god let heists be good.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds the graphics upgrade to be incredibly minor. Looks like just a res boost.

Please god let heists be good.
You are in the minority, check the NG snapmtatic / screenshots thread.

My friend said he didn't really notice either though, until we hung out at Christmas and I played my PS3 version side by side with his PS4 version.

Lighting, foliage, car detailing upgrades are something I noticed immediately when watching even low quality streams, having the games side by side both playing on 1080p screens was something else.

So I've just tried GTA Online and got to a mission where I had to shoot some dudes then retrieve a drug package. The problem is that my car didn't seem to be fast enough so I ended up chasing some other car for like an hour until I finally got close enough, tried to shoot at it (which, somehow required that I press three buttons at the same time!) while driving but the other car exploded somehow, which made me fail the mission. Now I have to do it again

There's no way I'm spending that much time on a single mission. Is it necessary to complete it in order to advance?

My friend said he didn't really notice either though, until we hung out at Christmas and I played my PS3 version side by side with his PS4 version.

Lighting, foliage, car detailing upgrades are something I noticed immediately when watching even low quality streams, having the games side by side both playing on 1080p screens was something else.

Yeah, you have to see/play the last-gen versions to appreciate just how good the current-gen versions look. I remembered the PS3 version to look much better than it actually does.

Does the current gen version bring back the shooting reactions? Like if I shoot someone in the knee they limp or in the hand they clutch that hand.

It was in GTA iv but not in V.

So I've just tried GTA Online and got to a mission where I had to shoot some dudes then retrieve a drug package. The problem is that my car didn't seem to be fast enough so I ended up chasing some other car for like an hour until I finally got close enough, tried to shoot at it (which, somehow required that I press three buttons at the same time!) while driving but the other car exploded somehow, which made me fail the mission. Now I have to do it again

There's no way I'm spending that much time on a single mission. Is it necessary to complete it in order to advance?

Those missions can be a pain. I think the sniper rifle unlocks around lvl 20-30? That weapon will make alot of those missions less of a hassle. Especially the drug deal ambushes. If you can take out the person holding the package on the first shot, it'll drop. Check the formation of the group thru the scope, it'll be one of the 2 in the center standing face to face. If you miss the target you'll see the real one run to a vehicle. There's a few of those types where you can eliminate the whole chase. I'd do as many Simeon, Gerald and Lamar missions as possible before getting to the other bosses. Or..you can just grind out Rooftop Rumble, hell you probably won't even have to fire a shot that way- because it's almost always a race to get the evidence.

Those missions can be a pain. I think the sniper rifle unlocks around lvl 20-30? That weapon will make alot of those missions less of a hassle. Especially the drug deal ambushes. If you can take out the person holding the package on the first shot, it'll drop. Check the formation of the group thru the scope, it'll be one of the 2 in the center. If you miss the target you'll see the real one run to a vehicle. There's a few of those types where you can eliminate the whole chase. I'd do as many Simeon, Gerald and Lamar missions as possible before getting to the other bosses. Or..you can just grind out Rooftop Rumble, hell you probably won't even have to fire a shot that way- because it's almost always a race to get the evidence.

I'm level 2 and all I have is a pistol...

Huh I thought DLC weapons were level agnostic, have you been to Ammunation to see what you can buy?

I've for the most part had weapons that were above my rank because of the DLC weapons, case in point, the homing launcher is a pretty nice upgrade from the RPG, but I haven't even unlocked the RPG yet.

I haven't been there. The mission starts as soon as I join GTA Online so I'm not sure I can do that yet.
OH that one.

Just grit your teeth and complete it, then at least you can get some better hardware. Although if you're frustrated at the first mission already I don't see you enjoying much of the other jobs at all :\ The online jobs are a ton more fun and easier with another person if that's any help, trying to solo a lot of things will end badly.

Maligna

Banned

Pretty sure it's required if you want to unlock everything that's available to you activity wise.

Can you do it with a higher level friend?

I mentioned Simeon's missions because they don't require much fighting at all, the earlier ones are all repo/stealing cars. Same goes for a couple of the early Lamar gas tanker missions. Only gotta worry about the cops, I'd recommend getting a mask before doing any missions and equipping it at the start. Removing the mask while not seen by police, removes 1 wanted level. There's a notable difference between 2 and 3 stars.

MAX PAYMENT

I played it for a month or so when it first came out and put it down until the remaster came out. I still think it's underwhelming compared to what the x1/ps4 can do.

I played it for a month or so when it first came out and put it down until the remaster came out. I still think it's underwhelming compared to what the x1/ps4 can do.
Considering what it does and that it's a port, I think it still looks better than a LOT of the games on PS4 and Xbox One. It also performs rather well considering what it's doing on the hardware it is on. Even today, I was thrown for a loop at just how amazing Mount Chilliad looks as you're climbing in a helicopter, in first person. The grass and other greenery on the side of it looked REAL for a moment.

Can it look better? Of course, but it'll have to be built from the ground up for the APU and memory setup of each, with a PC version done with an alternate method to achieve similar rendering results. It'll probably be GTA 6 or whatever they call it.

Mastah

What is the best way to make money? I'm tired of spending my evenings making chump change and getting nowhere

Phone -> Quick Job -> Join Contact Mission and in the meantime bring vehicles for Simeon (without any scratch it gives up to 10k) and attack armored trucks.

OH that one.

Just grit your teeth and complete it, then at least you can get some better hardware. Although if you're frustrated at the first mission already I don't see you enjoying much of the other jobs at all :\ The online jobs are a ton more fun and easier with another person if that's any help, trying to solo a lot of things will end badly.

I've booted up GTA Online again and found out I had a rocket launcher and an assault rifle. Don't know where they came from. Anyway, I was able to shoot the guy carrying the drugs before he got away in his car so everything's fine now.

Meltsi

Neo Member
Just got ps4 version and didn't know that you could change your sex when transfering old character from ps3. I'm so happy with this, online is more tolerable, how could you shoot something this beautiful :)

mjyf9Qf_qkms2uq5Und5Fw_0_0.jpg

Top Bottom