• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mistel

Banned
Can someone explain to me how the iteraction menu works? How do I pull it up? ._.
Back or hold down the touch screen for a second for ps4 on the controller then it's just a standard menu with options pretty much. It allows you access your inventory, quick gps, and enable passive mode among other things.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just got this, goofing around for a while.

So I should just assume that *everyone* is hostile, huh? Hahaha. Because when I played one of the tutorial missions, the robbing store thing, one of the players without provocation suddenly shot me from outside the store! Hahaha.

I was also killed by a player, again, without provocation, when I deposited my money to the ATM. Man, people are so ruthless.....

Would love to play with you GAF. I am on PS4, add my PSN LaughingBanana :) I am still a newbie at this though, still Level 3 I think? Still learning stuff like crew and things like that... it's kind of overwhelming.

chibbus

Neo Member
So I should just assume that *everyone* is hostile, huh? Hahaha.
It seems to be the default state for most GTA players. Gotta boost that sweet k/d ratio, bro. :(

While you're learning the ropes check out passive mode: hold the touchpad to open the menu and enable it from there, it ghosts you out to other players but also suppresses your weapon wheel

SZips

No matter what I do, I can't unlock the festive gear. Kind of annoying. I thought this was automatic

The clothing, like the masks (Santa, Gingerbread man, etc.), outfits, hats, etc.? I think you can only get those by going to a clothing store and "buying" each free piece individually. Once you do that, they're added to your inventory and you don't need to re-"buy" them.

Other things like the red sock mask thing should be included in a list of goodies Rockstar gives you after you leave your apartment. Other things like the non-seasonal rare-ish clothing items (beer hats for example) come from the crate drops that happen from time to time.

Just got this, goofing around for a while.

I was also killed by a player, again, without provocation, when I deposited my money to the ATM. Man, people are so ruthless.....

You can also deposit money to the bank through your phone's internet browser. Probably save a bit of time compared to going to an ATM all the time.

I find the snow kind of annoying, though only been playing this last week mostly. I can see how itd be a nice change for those who have been playing a while. Wish you could buy snowtires, or chains for tires. Driving a off road vehicle too.

Salaadin

i get it as soon as i walk out my apartment

The clothing, like the masks (Santa, Gingerbread man, etc.), outfits, hats, etc.? I think you can only get those by going to a clothing store and "buying" each free piece individually. Once you do that, they're added to your inventory and you don't need to re-"buy" them.

Other things like the red sock mask thing should be included in a list of goodies Rockstar gives you after you leave your apartment. Other things like the non-seasonal rare-ish clothing items (beer hats for example) come from the crate drops that happen from time to time.

Isnt there a carbine and some molotovs too? At least thats what a friend told me.
I dont have the sock mask either. No idea why.

SZips

Isnt there a carbine and some molotovs too? At least thats what a friend told me.
I dont have the sock mask either. No idea why.

Yeah, the molotovs (and I'm not sure what all else there was) are included in those items that drop when you leave your apartment. If it doesn't drop, maybe double check to see if you received something (molotovs under throwables, red sock mask under masks in your inventory). If you don't have it, I'm not sure what to say.

rObit

Banned
Logged in for the first time in awhile to check out the snow.

Snow golfing is hard.
5zzBej5.jpg

Christmas card.

No one seems to want to race in the snow...I thought it would be fun =(

Would love to play with you GAF. I am on PS4, add my PSN LaughingBanana :) I am still a newbie at this though, still Level 3 I think? Still learning stuff like crew and things like that... it's kind of overwhelming.
Sent you an invite, welcome aboard!
I requested to join the Gaming Age Family crew, do I need to contact BaronVonBeans on here too, or just wait till my request is seen?
\
Send me a PM with your R* Social Club name. Having trouble locating you specifically.

For anyone else needing to be approved to the crew still, I've done some searching and investigating to match some names up, but if you requested an invite to the Gaf Crew (Gaming Age Family), and haven't gotten a response yet, send me a PM please with your PSN name and R* Social Club name. Thanks all!

Holidays, work, medical issues, and music have been keeping me from GTA :( I am going to try to log in today for a few minutes to get the goods, and to sell a car...or two...and maybe a quick store robbery....and maaaybe a bounty chase.... I might have some time tomorrow, but next time I see might be Sunday. Stupid life interfering with GTA, it's pretty inconsiderate if you ask me..

Maligna

Banned
Hey guys, I sent some suggestions to Rockstar about GTAO. What do you think?

- Let us wear more than one accessory at a time. How come I can't put on earrings and a necklace at the same time? For some reason the watch is the only accessory that can be put on at the same time as another one.

- Let us wear gloves without having to wear tactical gear. This is as weird as the accessory thing.

- Let us name and save outfits we like and allow us to switch to them easily in our closet.

- We need belts. Some pants look stupid without them.

- We need long hair for the girls. If you're worried about hair clipping through clothing, let us decide whether it bothers us or not. Just put the long hair in.

- Please let us have a third character slot.

- I noticed the female NPCs have slight jiggle physics, but my female character's chest is like a marble statue's.

- Can you please let us manually ragdoll like you can in single player? Not sure why this was taken out for online portion of the game. (Jump and then Melee triggers it in single player)

- Lastly, we need more clothes. Lots and lots of new clothes. Not just different variations on clothing that's already available. Let's get some new form factors in there. There are so many outfits I see on NPCs that I'd love to put on my character.

PS: Seriously, biggest missed opportunity in the game is that we can't ride the roller coaster in first person.

If you guys want to send your own or just send a note reiterating on ones I've mentioned, here is the email: GTAOnline@rockstargames.com

The enemy AI in this game is fucking terrible. I hate how Rockstar haven't scaled them for people who don't use auto-aim. Enemies can turn on a dime and hit you, they can shoot your elbow poking out of cover by blind-firing, they can take off three-quarters of your life while on the back of a motorbike with you in a moving vehicle. It's bullshit, especially if you only use free-aim like I do.

I hope they make the controls good enough in the next GTA so that assisted aim isn't the default setting and the enemy AI doesn't have to be modeled around that setting. Or...they could just patch in some AI tweaks to the current-gen versions. That would be ideal. Make it so that enemies aren't so quick to hit you. I have to make adjustments to my aiming, they should have to also. I don't even care about the damage-per-bullet, it's just how damn accurate and quick they are that pisses me off. Even on normal difficulty.

Maligna

Banned
The enemy AI in this game is fucking terrible. I hate how Rockstar haven't scaled them for people who don't use auto-aim. Enemies can turn on a dime and hit you, they can shoot your elbow poking out of cover by blind-firing, they can take off three-quarters of your life while on the back of a motorbike with you in a moving vehicle. It's bullshit, especially if you only use free-aim like I do.

Bigger problem for me is enemies spawning right next to me and killing me before I know they are there.

Bigger problem for me is enemies spawning right next to me and killing me before I know they are there.

Yup, forgot to mention this also. If I clear an area/room, then that place should stay empty. Magically spawning enemies who then shoot me in the back isn't fucking fair. I've lost count how many times I've watched enemies spawn out of thin air. I expect better from Rockstar. Hopefully they do a better job for their first true current-gen project.

Tigress

I concur! I really don't have many, if any games planned to be purchased anytime soon because GTA. 800+hrs and counting, yet I still crave to play it every chance I get.

I'm just glad I have GTA right now as the next game I'm excited to play is Witcher 3 which got delayed again. And I have no idea when No Man's Sky will come out (either of those two will have me probably disappear from GTA for quite a bit unless they turn out not so good. As well as Persona 5. But GTA Online is a great game to play between games since there are few games I will buy day one. Those three I listed are the only ones I really plan on buying this next year save if by some miracle Fallout comes out).

Well, Freedom Wars is going to take up some of my time as well as walking dead season 2 and The Wolf Among Us (though TellTale games usually don't take too long to finish).

Revven

So I finally finished my second playthrough (I played GTA V on PS3 last year) of this on PS4 and now transferred my rank 110 character from PS3. Sent a request to join the GAF crew and hopefully I'll be able to play with you guys on a semi-regular basis. Ready to get back into the online after I took a long hiatus from it (last semester of college kept me far, far too busy).

Bollocks

man I love the snow setting, that's why I've been playing it nonstop the last 2 days.
snowing at night, foggy streetlights, just all around cozy atmosphere.

is there no way to do contact missions b2b?
seems rather cumbersome to back out to the lobby(loading times )and pull up quick job again.

Send rockstar a note about it!
I doubt they will put it back in. They removed it, people were making to much money to quickly that way (ex. about 25 min. for 50k, there is probably better playlists that payout more). The old payout system you could make a lot more faster. They want you to use a shark card ;)

Lol just punched out one guy that was trying to steal my crate

For the first few days I was doing the passive crate run thing but actually fighting for it (as it was intended) is fun as hell.

Top Bottom